• 961 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7512 Players Online
  • 6551 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

100+ ping users

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Blazette, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Freezing is what happens when someone has inconsistent/spiking ping rather than just high ping. My ping is usually pretty consistent, staying around the 220-240 range, so while everything is delayed by that 0.2s, things are still fairly smooth.

If my ping was constantly jumping between 200-2000, that's when the freezing/teleporting would happen.

Posted May 9, 2021
  2. I'm definitely not an expert at PvP gameplay, but I can tell you from what I know that a ping difference can sometimes be a little noticeable depending on the actual difference rather than the ping value (10-100 is a bigger difference than 70-100). I feel as though having this much of a difference can determine the outcome of the fight, but honestly it really depends off the player skill more than anything.

Posted May 9, 2021
  3. My ping averages at around 2-5 thousand, i have a good wifi and all that, but i still get destroyed by 5 teaming hackers so ping does not give an advantage.

Posted May 9, 2021
  4. Thank you for the more in-depth explanation!

I think it is, yeah. The higher your CPS is, the more reduced your KB is. Anything over 13cps is very noticeable, but anything that's 15+ is pretty much KB modding. Also, getting 20cps manually isn't all that hard; you just need to learn how to butterfly click, which is pretty easy. Get a mouse that double clicks so you can butterfly click 10cps, but have the clicks double it so it gets you to 20. Refer to KerbalBoy's response to my post for a better, more in-depth explanation. I got a few things wrong in my initial post.

I don't think so, no. Your MS just means how long it takes the server to register your attacks / movements. I think freezing occurs when your MS is spiking really bad, or if your internet is flat out stuttering (losing connection for a moment then going back). I've only experienced players freezing / teleporting when their MS is like 400+, not 100+, or when their MS keeps spiking / internet keeps stuttering. Then again, I'm no expert on this subject; I'm just saying what makes most sense to me.

Posted May 9, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 11, 2021