• 2131 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10767 Players Online
  • 8636 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

>:(((

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by CreamMattias, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Cake wars is so Difficult!! Y do i suck at bedwars and cakewars!?!? i have a mouse but idk what the heck is happening, PLEASE HELP ME GOD!!

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  2. Hey, I know it can be frustrating to not be the best at the game, but everything comes with time, practice makes perfect, if you keep playing and trying your best I'm sure that you'll do better as time goes, just never give up alright? :)

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  3. If you keep on playing, trust me you will get better. When you play more, you get used to the game more and you start to find out ways to improve quicker. Maybe also play with parties so they can help you get better at the game.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  4. Heyo!
    I know it can get quite frustrating if you keep losing games. Just try to play more and get better. Practice makes perfect! And another thing you can do is start to play games solely based on PvP like Champions, so you can get better at PvP, and games like the bridges so you can get better at strategics.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  5. There are a lot of videos about PvP tutorials in general, which can better improve your gameplay in Cakewars. Feel free to PM me if you want videos about general pvp tips, because I don't want to just randomly give you tips without credentials from actual good pvpers. I personally don't play Cake wars a lot, but I can tell a good amount of it is being good at pvp. As others said though, if you practice more, you will understand good strategic tips on how to win teamfights in Cake Wars Duos or with a whole team.

There are also many other threads that asked for Cake wars tips, which people gave good feedback on. I can try to find the links to the threads, if you want to PM me about the links to the threads. If you want smoother gameplay, you can always work on getting better frames through many different ways. You can also PM me but Badlion Client and Lunar client help improve your fps by a good amount, depending on your PC/hardware. Otherwise, hope I gave good information on good Cake Wars tips.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  6. uh, hm. You're only level 7 so I assume you've only played a few games of cakewars. Just play more.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  7. lol i am pretty bad, i agree with my comments that i will get better some time
    the more i play, the more i train, the more i am good.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020
  8. Hello,

I understand your frustration. Since my first beginning games in cake wars, I keep losing frequently, and I want to join red team, but it wouldn't let me to. That is until then it is recommended to have a party.

At that point, I was struggling to get more wins. But during this year of March, it was a major improvement since I am getting more wins that loses.

Right now I am even struggling with PvP since some players PvP better and also take out the majority of the players. It's recommended to learn how to PvP better.

I should also point out that you have to have optimism and also learn from mistakes that happened, especially when you lose a cake wars game. For example, if your teammates and you rushed to the mid very quickly and forgot to guard the cake, maybe you can modify your plan in order to work effectively.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  9. Hello! (:

First of all, I would like to suggest a few tips that may help you improve and manage the game in a better way. If you are someone who isn't as experienced as other players in PVP, or if you know someone may be better, you should try focusing on a better in-game strategy. I'd suggest you pay attention to the middle beacon and always try to capture it first. If you have achieved mid, you can upgrade enchants and have a better chance of winning. The first upgrade I recommend buying is resource generator. If you purchase resource generator, you'll get double the amount of resources you were getting before. You should also capture side beacons whenever you can so you can get emeralds for obsidian and traps for your cake. If you cover your cake with obsidian, you have a better chance of surviving, along with getting traps for your cake; both traps will notify you when someone is attempting to eat your cake. You must always watch mid beacon for other players coming to capture it as well. If you have mid, you already have a massive advantage over the other teams. If you plan on rushing to the middle beacon with your whole team, don't forget to cover your cake with endstone before you leave, just so if you and your teammates die, the opposite team won't be able to rush your base and eat your cake while you are respawning. Once you get resource generator, I would say to always buy sharpness first, although some prefer to purchase protection first. I would say to get sharpness first since this is the weapon you're using in PVP. The more hits you get on them with sharpness, the more damage they will take and the better chances of you winning the fight.

If you feel like Standard Cakewars has too many players on a team, try duo Cakewars until you can become better with handling more players.

But trust me, everyone isn't great in PVP or Cakewars the first time they play. Everyone learns better strategies as they play more. I just wanted to give you some tips I use when I play Cakewars. As long as you're having fun, winning the game shouldn't matter much! :)

I wish you the best of luck with your games <3

Posted Apr 9, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2020
  10. Hey!

Don't stress to much about it, the games are meant to be fun, not frustrating. The thing with Cake Wars is it's heavily based on strategy, so you can't just go into the game expecting to win. Cake Wars is pretty unique compared to most games on Mineplex, and in my opinion, requires the most communication. A lot of times I see teams are eliminated pretty early in the game because they don't communicate with each other. While in game, if you type "# [message]" it will send a message that's only viewable for your team. It's a good idea before the game starts to establish who's going to defend the cake, who's going to focus on getting armor, who's going to bridge, etc. Keep your team organized and it will make it harder for other teams to take you out.

A lot of times, unfortunately, the teammates that you are assigned can be uncooperative and do as they please. If you try to gather some friends and play with them it can be a lot easier to communicate with eachother. Plus, I find it more fun playing with people I know.

I also suggest watching some people play Cake Wars on YouTube. See how other players play the game, and find your playing style. Seeing other people playing these games and winning will help show you different strategies, and give you some guidance on how to approach this game mode.

I hope these tips helped! Hopefully you can find yourself winning a few more games, and keep practicing! Nothing happens overnight, and the more you play the more games you'll find yourself winning.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  11. If you have frosting you will become a god

Posted Apr 10, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  12. In my opinion best way for a new player to get better fast is by becoming more helpful for your team. Avoid the commen mistakes of your average new player and most people would be happy to have u in there team this also might let u get into party's which will reallllly help u win more.

1.dont flat bridge mid
    2. Don't cover the cake with more than two layers that's the max before it becomes inefficient(use estone at the start of the game)
    3.after u have full iron put spare bricks into the normal chest at your base to help people on your team when they die
    4. Spend stars! The ammunt of times I hold mid the entire game and by the end we still don't have any enchants. Only three things you should upgrade are resource gen, sharp and prot
    5. Don't get full diamond armour if your just going to die with it It's a waste of emeralds. Your first priority with emeralds as a defensive player in my opinion should be a bear trap as often tnt traps alert you to late. Also if you are going to stack up then get a rune of holding so you keep your inventory after dieing.
    6. Read chat! If someone in your team says "Inc" that means someone is incoming for ur cake. Use # before your message to team chat

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  13. Hey!!

I did respond to a similar Forum thread to this regarding PVP skills. There are tons of tips there but I covered more "computer settings" that will help improve your FPS for more smooth gameplay. Smoother gameplay, in my opinion, gives you a bigger advantage when it comes to PVP. If you would like to view my post or others the link is right here!

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/help-tips-on-pvp.107835/#post-372634

Personally, though I think it really just comes down to practice. Improvement takes place with lots of practice. When I first purchased Minecraft in 2013, it took me almost 2 or 3 years to truly see improvement in my PVP skills. But a server like Mineplex has great PVP related gamemodes that I'm sure will help you over time.

Hope this helped! If you have any questions regarding anything I'll gladly answer them here or in PMs.

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  14. Hey! Here are some of my top tips in a short version so you don't have to do too much reading:

1. Play with some friends or people you can talk to over discord -- it's way easier to communicate with your teammates and devise a strategy.
    2. If PVP isn't your strong suit, don't worry! There's a lot of other things you can do to help out your team. First, cake defense is key. I'll talk more about that in the next bullet.
    3. Have a good cake defense! Usually, what I do is endstone, then wool. Once you rack up more materials, do obsidian, endstone, then wood. The reason why I like to put wood on the outside is that players don't usually think of buying an axe, so it can take a bit longer to get through the wood. But don't put too much defense around your cake, as people can easily barricade themselves in the blocks to get to your cake.
    4. Take control of the emerald islands from the beginning of the game, and try to keep them for as much time as you can. Emeralds are key to a good cake defense, good armor, and most importantly, a good sword. They're also necessary for gapples, which can help if you're going for someone's cake.
    5. Keep control of mid for as long as you can to get nether stars. It's super useful if you have sharpened swords and protection.

Most importantly, practice makes perfect! It's super important to practice cake wars a ton, as this is the best way to improve your skills. Good luck!

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  15. As others have said practice makes perfect. I started off a few years ago and I didn't know how to bridge, I was getting killed over and over again and now I'm good enough to the point where I can get kills and wins. Don't avoid fights, you will have to die in order to learn how to become better just keep trying and you will eventually become better :).

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  16. Heyo!

I can definitely feel where you are coming from! I was feeling like this on the road to getting frosting, which I must give credit to @KerbalBoy for helping me with. I only really started grinding CW sometime in October of the year of 2019. I absolutely sucked. But here I am, now with a ton of sweat parties to play with, and I'm even running a community based off of the game I really sucked at, at one point.

I don't really have much work to do on mineplex, so I play cake wars for pleasure! I'm not busy at the moment, so if you would like we could talk in PMs and I'm more than obliged to help you with cake wars. I do have a few strategies that might help you get better at the game, and I'm even willing to help you get closer to the frosting kit! Hope to see you in-game and good luck with your career to become better at cake wars!

Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  17. Hey,

I totally understand your frustration. I just got finished playing Cake Wars and I found it to be pretty difficult! I mean, I spent all my bricks on armor only to get rushed by green team and killed. Not only that, but they ate our cake, could you believe that?! Our team got eliminated in the first 2 minutes of the game! xD But I've learned not to stress about losing and I'll tell you why.

Hopefully you will understand me when I say this, but I feel like you should just do the best you can. If you are optimistic about it even if you lose, you will feel like the winner in the end! My friends always laugh at me when I say this, but once you really put yourself in that mindset the game feels more fun.

But one thing I learned to be most important in Cake Wars is having good cake defense. Our strategy was that two of us would defend the cake while the other two went out to try and attack the other teams and claim the center island. After about a minute or two we'd cycle so those that were our fighting could come back and upgrade weapons and armor. After all, the cake is what is most important in the game, not kills.

PVP has never been something I can say I am good at, but as long as I try my best and be optimistic about the game, there is really no problem for me at all. At the end of the day, you don't have to be on the podium to be the winner. :)

- 6_figures (Jorden)

Posted Apr 11, 2020
  18. Well cake wars is a super competitive game with groups of skilled players often teaming up. This, of course, can make it incredibly hard to win as a partyless player. That said the largest factor in doing well in cake wars is experience with players who have a lot of it knowing how to PVP really well and develop good plans to win. Overall cake wars has a massive learning curve so if you are struggling a lot you should try to do some more casual pvp games first to get some experience like nano games which has a lot more casual players and some pvp games. Also if you are unsure of how to play in regards to things like the shop and beacons watching some YouTubers play probably could help you out.

Posted Apr 11, 2020