• 522 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3113 Players Online
  • 2591 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion 12 Player and Single Player cakewars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by sqaghett, Mar 23, 2020.

1. On Mineplex I believe it would be deeply appreciated if there were team games that have more than 12 players on each team other than turf wars. It would be really cool to be able to team up with 12 friends at a time on a more intense game than turf wars. It would make Cakewars a really nice party game, and I feel like we need more party games like that on Mineplex. I also think that there should be a solo option for Cakewars, so that if people would like to play cakewars and none of their friends are online, they can play cakewars without any other teammates if they like.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    OnceSpoken and WowLxrdly like this.
  2. ^^^^^ i agree there should def be solo and trios for cw and ig 12 players games would be nice. so i have to agree.

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  3. Hey!

Many people have suggested Solo CakeWars, here is one of those threads - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/cake-wars-solo-mode.103279. I personally do not object to the idea of having one Ultra CakeWars mode with 12v12, as I believe it would gain a lot of attention to the mode. It would be very interesting to see this added.

Thanks for the suggestion~

+1

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  4. you just pulled a trainee move

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  5. I have to disagree with these ideas. Cake Wars Solos has been suggested various times and still receives the same answer: it would be splitting the playerbase apart. I don’t really see a necessity to add a Cake Wars Solos mode as Duos is basically the same, and I feel like Duos would receive much less attention if Solos were added. As for the Cake Wars 12 v 12 mode, I strongly disagree with this as well. I’ve experienced multiple versions of similar gamemodes with a large variety of players and frankly did not enjoy it. The games last too long and the gameplay is messy in a sense, making the game itself just chaos. Nonetheless, it would divide the player base apart as well. Overall, I’m not really a huge fan of these suggestions.​

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  6. I say we remove duos and replace it with solo cakewars. I mean half the time I never get a teammate in duos lol. Also with how the party system operates here on mineplex duos is pretty much useless to play with your friends on. You can’t get put on the same team on duos mode. That is why we should replace duos with solo cakewars. Woop woop

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  7. Greetings!

I really don't think we need to add any more modes to CakeWars as it stands we have two modes. Standards which is 4v4 and Duos which is 2v2. if we were to add any more modes this could split the CakeWars community even more than it already is and honestly I just see the need for new CakeWars modes.

Thread Moved > Bedrock Ideas

- GuardianInASuit | Your Friendly Mineplex Guardian

Posted Mar 23, 2020
  8. LMFAO
    well they are a trainee

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    WowLxrdly and NothinButNet like this.
  9. Like stated above by @xGetRektedx this topic has been suggested many times. I started off liking the idea myself because most of the time I don't have friends online that want to play cake wars with me. But as I thought about it, I thought of the same point of it splitting apart the player base of cake wars and will make it more difficult to fill up games. Plus with duo and squad cake wars, who knows, you may end up making a new friend!

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  10. I’d love this for Java. Replacing duos with solo would be an epic gamer move and I’d 10/10 love this idea. It’s hard to rely on a random teammate :p

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Korben, NothinButNet and okDamien like this.
  11. I was talking about Bedrock, but if Java has this problem too then yeah they should also do it for java.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  12. yea java has less players than bedrock so half the time you don't have a teamate anyway.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  13. Yeah when I play Java Edition I don’t really go on mineplex anymore so thanks for letting me know that.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRekted, WowLxrdly and Korben like this.
  14. I agree with @NothinButNet, duos should be replaced with solo. But I disagree with the idea of having 12v12 cakewars. From my past experiences, its like a complete disorganization, and rounds can go by a lot longer.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  15. In my opinion, there should only be two modes for Cake Wars. If a third mode was added, the player base would be split up. While Bedrock usually has several more players than Java and it easy to start games on Bedrock, the player base should not be split up. The addition of another mode could make it harder to start games, especially Cake Wars Duos, where it is hard to fill a lobby. As @NothinButNet and multiple other users said above, it would be a pretty good idea to replace duos with solo. Contrary to Cake Wars Standard, the party system does not work very well in the duos mode, and it is extremely hard to get on the same team as your friend or other party member. Therefore, either Cake Wars Duos should be replaced with a solo mode, or the party system should be completely fixed to allow someone to be on the same team as their friend. However, there should only be two modes for Cake Wars, as players would most likely want games to occur and start faster.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRekted and LT Tombstone 77 like this.
  16. While I like the general idea of more interesting modes - I honestly don't really agree with Cake Wars solo being added. The main issue is just teaming, it'll just cause people to team up if we remove Cake Wars duos and replace it and this would just mean more rule enforcement needed as well as far fewer players that actually want to play the game because of this. Also, the fact that two or more people can play the game gives people an incentive to get friends online and this is a good model for getting players if you think about it.

However, I think the 12v12 concept is interesting. I do not think it should be a permanent mode but maybe a limited-time mode or a recurring mode every 3 or 4 weeks maybe? It honestly sounds super fun and while it'd be messy, it would be a blast for a few days and I really think it'd have a wow factor. We could also maybe add sugar rush mechanics to it to make it a hyper version of CW 4v4v4v4? This would draw loads of players on I'm sure as it's different.

-1 on the solo but I do like the idea of 12v12 being temporary.​

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  17. Standard already takes all the attention from duos.
    No one wants to have to find parties to play especially low leveled players who are still skilled and just started playing. I personally like playing alone but on standards other people have parties who are like 100 lvl tryhards and they just 4v1 while they have frosting leaving you no chance whats so ever to win. Duos already don't get alot of attention so a solo mode would be great for people like me.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  18. I can see your point but on the other server (you know which one im talking about) where they have BW they have no problem with teaming most of the time. Its also not really hard to defeat teamers as most of them don't have alot of game knowledge and aren't really skilled to be teaming, they just don't know the rules.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  19. Not exactly sure about a 12v12, but the old 8v8s in the past have worked out fairly well. Solo cakewars also doesn’t seem that bad. Although I believe LT previously denied any decision of making a solo mode of cakewars and 2 teams of large numbers, due to it splitting the player base.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  20. Sorry I'm late!

I've been playing Cake Wars for awhile now, and fishing for parties is really lame. The really good players are the really good players, and the bad players are the bad players, and unless you start from scratch with someone, it's bloody hard to find a party. I LOVE the idea of solo Cake Wars. I play duos when I've lost my win streak and all of my friends are offline, but never with another person. I'd be more than happy to see it be replaced with solos!

Posted Mar 30, 2020