• 1563 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6331 Players Online
  • 4768 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

20 Hour Hardcore Requirement

Discussion in 'Clans' started by TheVic, Jan 25, 2021.

?

20 hour requirement good or bad for clans future? Pls read arguments for/against

Poll closed Feb 1, 2021.
  1. 20 hour requirement good for the future of clans

58.3%
  2. 20 hour requirement bad for the future of clans

41.7%
  1. So its come to my attention that to play hardcore clans you need to have 20 hours of casual experience, for a game mode that requires quite a large player base to be fulfilling I find it quite hard to believe why something like this would be in place.

For several reasons :
    1. It only decreases the chances of any new players wanting to join as all the casual server have nearly no players meaning no one wants to run around on an empty server for 20 hours, afking isn't allowed as you will get kicked so you literally have to stay active. To put this in perspective you would literally have to stay on a dead server doing nothing just to play on a server with an actual dedicated player base.
    2. Following that point if there are no players that means you will not be experiencing clans either and therefore taking a large reason why this requirement was even implemented in the first place which I imagine was to teach players how to play the game, this would work well if people actually played the casual servers but they don't.
    3. Lots of people have been telling me its good to get rid of hackers, which I agree is true however hackers are more likely to have access to sophisticated afk tools so that they won't be kicked allowing them to do it overnight to get alts, so this once again would only harm the genuine potentially new players from joining.
    4. Finally, sorry if this is blunt but clans is dying and it needs all the new players it can get you don't want the player base to be split even more.

I played clans mainly during the beta when only legends had permission to play it and I really enjoyed it I have come back to play with a friend and show him that it can be a thrilling experience but I don't expect to make him sit through 20 hours of boring gameplay doing nothing. So I have come to request he gets to bypass the timer even if this is special treatment. His player name is Dexterity_Gaming I hope you consider it as it would add two new dedicated players to clans. Thanks.

Another idea:
    I also think it would be a good idea to take the number of servers down to 1-3 servers as I have noticed that the player base is always so split and it would be a good idea to make all these servers mix together as a low population of players with a wide range of server choices to play on will only decrease the clans experience.

Thanks for listening I hope you take my opinions and my request into consideration.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  2. Hey!
    I really doubt that developers would give one player access to bypass the 20 hour requirement, and even if they did, that would be very unfair for other players who are working to get their in-game time up to be able to join hardcore servers.
    As for your other idea, you can make a separate thread for that in the ideas discussion section of the forums.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  3. Hey, I appreciate the fast reply and I understand the request was inherently selfish, but do you not see how unfair it is to make someone waste 20hours of their life doing nothing just to be able to actually start playing. Most of the time no one is ever on the casual servers its really not a viable choice in the current state of clans and I believe special treatment for new players should be an option until something is changed. But eh that's just my opinion once again thank you for your response.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2021
  4. "3. Lots of people have been telling me its good to get rid of hackers, which I agree is true however hackers are more likely to have access to sophisticated afk tools so that they won't be kicked allowing them to do it overnight to get alts, so this once again would only harm the genuine potentially new players from joining"

These things they do to afk get caught fast most players report them quickly and then they get banned and have to appeal

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  5. Sorry just to be sure that I'm understanding you correctly, you believe my friend should just do nothing for 20hours and run around a dead map, just so he can play with me. I understand why it was implemented and I guess it could work to some degree, but I have to say it seems it is likely to be ineffective at stopping hackers as I don't see any evidence of players patrolling looking for afking hackers. The reason why this 20 hour requirement is here is to make sure you understand the game and to also weed out hackers from joining hardcore but with casual servers being dead this doesn't work as you pretty much have to afk to get to hardcore which is why I find this so dumb because its only a barrier now, I really doubt many hackers have been banned due to being caught afking but if they have its surely its a low number. So judging it by utility I don't think its useful enough to be necessary and it causes more problems than it solves.

OP OP
  6. Just to specify my point is that with casual server being dead this 20 hour requirement is just a barrier for new players and doesn't do anything its meant to do, so remove it please or somehow revive casual servers.

OP OP
  7. Tell your friend to start playing (currently c8) has the most casual players, and the hacks they use it to prevent being afk kicked, I’m sure it’s allowed ( Ask a clans management first) to run around do things afk for like 6-10 mins

Posted Jan 25, 2021
  8. My opinion on this is, having hardcore not include 20 hours will just make it worse for the community. Hardcore will be infested with much more hackers, and the new players are just going to get raided. Casual is a good start for new players, so they don't get raided trying to learn the game. I understand hackers ruin the game for these new players, but there's not much you can do for it right now. However, the microsoft migration will reduce alters and make the game enjoyable for the players since it won't have as many hackers as before.

Posted Jan 25, 2021
    Lord_Galyen likes this.
  9. See I would hope, so that it would be allowed but I doubt it will be allowed. And I wouldn't want to risk the ban for him just in case.

OP OP
  10. You would be absolutely correct if there were players on the casual servers who are actually dedicated. But there isn't most the time these servers sit at 0-2 players, you can't learn the game from that, its a waste of gems to buy your daily allowance. If anything it gives you a false sense of reality of what hardcore will be like. I feel like people aren't understanding my point, the things that you argue the 20 hours requirement is there for are true and I agree with them. However these things such teaching you the game, and stopping hackers DO NOT TRANSPIRE due to the servers being dead, I'll repeat my self one more time to be clear. If there is no pop people will not want to play the server as they won't think its worth spending 20hours on a dead server where nothing will occur and on top of this hackers have an advantage with the hacking software they use to afk its not a problem for them they can just afk for two nights and boom they have an alt if it gets banned they can just get a free account off a website and go again. Why stop anymore players flowing into a dying game mode its completely backwards thinking, I really hope they take this seriously and consider the usefulness of it in the current climate of clans, its just a barrier at the moment for genuine new players and nothing else.

OP OP
    Fusafez likes this.
  11. I can see where your coming from, but casual is not that dead. Clans 8 manages to get over 15 players, though the other casuals get below 5. Keep in mind that when Clans resets, the casual servers do gain attraction. In my opinion, the smaller the server is, the better. If a casual server reaches 80 people, it will be very difficult for new people to learn the game. Constant fighting, hackers, and difficulty building a base. It's already hard enough to learn Clans without a tutorial. Though, I do agree about the 20 hour requirement not being good. I understand you will not like a requirement, but I just completely disagree for the reasonings already said. If there were to be another easier requirement to be able to play hardcore I would agree. For example, removing the 20 hours and replacing it with a Mineplex level requirement, or a linked forums account to your Minecraft account as a confirmation.

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  12. Clans is already flooded with cheaters even on hardcore so the fact that people could just go on a random account and start flying without punishment would be terrible. The only thing I could see happening is one hardcore server that doesn't require 20 hours.

Posted Jan 29, 2021

13. We have hardcore servers set at 20 hours so it can help with the amount of players that play unfairly.

Clans management & DEVS has put this in motion so that the players that like to play unfairly has a disadvantage. I know personally I would hate for a hacker to be raiding me and them just get more accounts coming back to blow up my base. I would want there to be some type of blockage so that doesn't happen.

Another reason why the hardcore hour limit exists. There was a time where I was very new to clans, I had no clue what I was doing. I personally would like to have a blockage so I wouldn't be able to join a hardcore server without knowing what I'm doing because not only then would I be upset because I keep dying, I'd be getting raided because I had no time to learn. The hardcore hour limit gives you time to learn before you make a decision to "take on more responsibility's"

I can see it from your point of view.
    As for your friend wanting to bypass the HARDCORE HOUR LIMIT, He would have to gain his hours just like everyone else. The most active casual server right now would be Clans-8 IMO.

Posted Jan 29, 2021
  14. Yes, precisely this. What you're suggesting (removing the time gate on hardcore servers) only works in the sorry state Clans is currently in. When the game is dead like it is right now, it's super easy for people to afk alts on casual servers so they can get into hardcore. However, when the game is active, players usually do a good job of reporting afk bots to staff, and the few that slip through and get on to the hardcore servers are caught pretty quickly. Regardless, the hour limitation reduces a significant number of hackers on hardcore when Clans is at its peak. Changing one of if not the most significant wall keeping hackers off of the hardcore servers just because it would benefit people in the rare situation you're currently in is ridiculous. When reset comes (if it ever even comes), the servers will all probably be nearly full for a couple weeks as usual before dropping off, and during this time having a time gate is infinitely better than not having one.

Oh and btw, I don't know how familiar you are with the community, but you could have a brilliant idea and chances are it wouldn't get implemented. That's unfortunately how Mineplex functions when it comes to listening to the playerbase.

Posted Jan 31, 2021