• 1839 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15350 Players Online
  • 13511 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[2020] Advent Calendar

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Paladise, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent Calendar Guide

Starting December 1st, and all the way to December 25th, a new challenge will appear every day. I will try to update this thread as much as possible for each day :)

Day 1 |Speak to Santa's Little Helper:

The actual calendar along with Santa's Little Helper are directly behind Lobby gladiators (which is directly behind spawn)

[​IMG]

Day 2 | Win a game of Snow Fight:

The snow fight NPC is directly in front of spawn so just walk up and click on it. The most favorite strategy to win a game is to get a very good party and grind until you do.

Day 3 | The Riddler:

The Riddler is on top of the Cake Wars portal:

[​IMG]

Once you get to it, right click it, and it should give you a holiday themed "riddle" (more like a trivia question). For example: "Who's the fastest reindeer of them all" (The answer of which is Dasher, and which you should type in the chat like typing a normal message) another one is "Why is Santa so good at karate? (The answer is "he is a black belt"). However, since I believe the questions are changed every hour or so, if you're stuck, I suggest just googling the answer or asking someone in the lobby (or StaffRequest), what the answer is.

Day 4 | Win a game of Lobby Gladiators:

There really isn't much too this, just go to the Lobby Gladiators (Behind spawn) and queue for it. Since some hub lobbies might not have players playing Gladiators, I suggest going to Lobby-1 as that typically has games going. Also, if it's possible get a friend to do it with you so it's easier to complete.

Day 5 | Build a Snowman in Micro Battles:

Micro Battles is the lava bucket icon in the game compass. Once you get into a game, you need to break 3 blocks (preferably grass as those are the fastest to break), and instead of receiving that type of block, you get 2 snow blocks and a pumpkin. Once you get those items, just place two snow blocks then the pumpkin vertically essentially creating a snowman.

[​IMG]

Day 6 | Play Snowman Kit in SSM:

Super Smash Mobs is the Creeper spawn egg in the game compass, and once you get into a game, you either have to buy the Snowman kit or use it by clicking on it (it should be to the right of where you spawn).

[​IMG]

Luckily, since you don't have to win a game, you can die, and all you have to do is wait until the game finishes and you should get your rewards :)

Day 7 | Throw 10 Snowballs at Players:

First you can enable the snowballs by going into the cosmetics menu (the chest in your hotbar), and going to gadgets, and enabling the snowball.

[​IMG]

Once you have it in your hotbar if you don't have any, you can simply buy some more by left clicking it for 1000 thousand shards, and then clicking the emerald blocks for confirmation.

[​IMG]

You should now have 100 snowballs, and so to throw them you have to left click them (wait a few seconds before throwing another because it is sometimes buggy). MAKE SURE TO THROW THEM AT PLAYERS, because if you don't, it doesn't count. (best to do it at afk players since they won't try to dodge) Also make sure to do this in the hub and not a game lobby

Another thread with some more description on how to do it can be found here.

Day 8 | Complete Christmas Chaos:

The Christmas Chaos NPC is right in front of where you spawn in hub, and the best way to complete it is by getting a good party. I also list out all the secret locations in this thread so that will help a little bit. This thread also gives a few tips on how to complete it.

MISTAKE: You only need to complete it, you don't need to win, so if you die just wait until the lobby finishes and you should get the rewards :)

Day 9 | Play in a party of 3 or more people:

Simply go into a lobby and party 2 other people by doing /party <name> (you don't have to be the party leader) then join a game that ends quickly like NANO.

Day 10 | Play a Night themed Map:

I suggest just going to NANO games and waiting for a gamemode that has a map set at night time. Another option is to get a party of players (hopefully with high ranks) and to play the gamemode you are most familiar with and you should know which maps are set at night so you can vote for them ahead of time. One such gamemode is Dragon Escape since it doesn't have that many maps, and two of its maps that are night themed are Through Hell and Crystalline Colony.

Day 11 | Place Top 3 in Master Builders:

The first strategy to place top 3 is to build something good as that may seem kind of obvious. If you are looking for inspiration for a theme, just google it and try to copy a build. The second strategy is to get a party that rotates around letting someone in that party win; however I'm not sure whether this is stat boosting or not so be careful o_o

Actually got 1st place in my 1st game today because 4 people left so that's something that is also beneficial for you

Day 12 | Throw 16 snowballs in Bridges:

First you need to vote a map with snow, I believe the following have them:

• Taiga
    • Seasons (on blue team)
    • Icelands
    • Skylands (Yellow team)
    If none of those maps appear, just explore the map at the game start to double check, and leave if there isn't any snow and play again. (The beauty of the advent is that there are a lot of bridges lobby today)

Once you get a map with snow, break a tree, make a crafting table, sticks, planks, then craft a shovel. Then hold left click on any snow to break it, and once you have 16 snowballs, right click to throw them.

Day 13 | Get to Day 3 in UHC:
    So UHC typically starts every hour and there should be a chat message that pops up which you can click on to be teleported to a UHC Lobby. The most common strategies are to either get a good teammate and tryhard or to camp underground until it's Day 3

Day 14 | Collect 200 Snowballs in Snow Fight:

So queue into a snow fight game, if it's still early in the morning and you are having issues queueing just manually join by doing /sv SF-<number>. Once you are in a game, look at the ground where this is snow and spam left and right click at the same time until you get 200 snowballs.

Day 15 | Win a game of Christmas Chaos in under 15 minutes:

The Christmas Chaos NPC is right in front of where you spawn in hub, and the best way to complete it is by getting a good party. I also list out all the secret locations in this thread so that will help a little bit. This thread also gives a few tips on how to complete it. If you are efficient at doing everything, you should be able to win a game under 15 minutes within a couple of tries.

Day 16 | Complete the Present hunt in Hub:

Since there are already a bunch of detailed video tutorials I will just link some here.

Day 17 | Have 3 people correctly guess your drawing in DMT:

There is not really much tips that I can give you to help, it all relies on you being able to draw well. If you are a really bad drawer you can always get some friends and communicate over discord calls what your answer is so they can guess it for you.

Day 18 | Kill 10 players in NANO Games Snowball Trouble:

The key to this is being able to find a game quickly so try switching between NANO lobbies that are close to ending to see if there is a Snowball Trouble game starting, otherwise it might take a couple of hours to get the game. You can also mark it your favorite by doing /favorite or /fav and clicking the snowball.

Day 19 | Open a Chest in Lobby:

So if you don't know how to open a chest, you go to one of the four corners around hub (preferably one with a high number like 26 so there is no one else opening chests) then click on the chest and go into the GUI and buy a chest preferably one of the cheap ones. Once you have purchased it, open it, and you should receive the advent rewards once you are finished opening the chest.

Day 20 | Talk to Carol West:

Carol West is a villager NPC in the hub behind spawn and near the big christmas tree. If you're having trouble finding it, it's at 29,72,-29.

[​IMG]

Once you get to it, just left click it, and you should complete the challenge.

Day 21 | Mine 30 Cobblestone in CC:

First go to Christmas Chaos by clicking the NPC right in front of spawn. To mine cobblestone you need to get to the section where the cave goes down. To make sure you have enough time for you and your teammates to get 30 cobblestone, mine out the edges first. It took me one try but it might take you multiple to mine 30, in which case just queue up again.

Day 22 | Kill a player with a Snowball in any game:

I'm not sure which games you can get a kill with a snowball in but I did it in snow fight as that is pretty easy to get a kill with a snowball with. The best way is to go find a afk player and kill them, but make sure none of your teammates steal your kill.

Some other games where you can kill with a snowball are:

• NANO (Snowball trouble)
    • Skywars
    • Cakewars

Day 23 | Win a game of Castle Siege

Since Castle Siege is unbalanced, if you want to win a game easily make sure to queue for the undead team (red sheep). I also have two guides I made for Castle Siege which can be found -unapproved link-and here.

Day 24 | Use Present gadget on another player:

You can get presents by getting them in Christmas Chaos II. Once you get them, you can go to the cosmetic menu then go to gadgets and click on the present to enable it. Once you have it in your hotbar, you can go to a player and spam click on them until it works.

Day 25 | Wish Merry Christmas:

This is pretty simple, just go to hub and type "Merry Christmas". And merry christmas to you too :)

(Credit to XtremeLucas for the spoilers idea)

Posted Dec 3, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 25, 2020
    prixqr, nqt_, CrazyOfTim and 32 others like this.
  2. Yo!

Thank you so much for making this! I'm sure eventually or even now some people or me will get confused on a mission on the calendar, so hopefully they notice this thread so they can refer to it. Awesome thread, be sure to keep it updated! Thanks again :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    FrostyFeet, Hubble, nimpy and 2 others like this.
  3. Hey!

I genuinely appreciate all the effort you've put into this thread to make sure everyone be able to successfully complete all the challenges in the Advent Calendar and claim their awesome rewards. Thank you for helping everyone. I'm sure in the way of completing these challenges, I'm going to get stuck in some of them, so I will make sure to return to it whenever I need help! I will also make sure to recommend to everyone who needs help with these challenges!
    Thanks again for making this! :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Hubble, nimpy, Paladise and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hey!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make such an amazing and well written guide. It's awesome to see community members really taking the extra step to help out and guide others who many not be fully aware of the activities that are going on/the main objectives of them (I am partially guilty on that, so this is saving me heavily haha)! I will definitely be keeping this in mind next time I hop on!
    Thank you so much again :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Hubble, Paladise and DerpDerpie like this.
  5. Hey Paladise,

I really appreciate you making this thread, as this is the first year I've ever tried the Advent Calendar, and having someone explain each challenge with detail and images helps a lot. I'd recommend to anyone having trouble with the challenges to check out this guide and check back every day, because it's amazing.

Keep up the good work!
    ~~

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Hubble and Paladise like this.
  6. This is definitely going to be a harder task as the days go by, so I definitely appreciate you going through the effort to make this as a guide to help those that might not know how to work through each challenge. Providing images, giving related context, and a good amount of detail, is no easy feat, so I commend you for that.

Hope this helps anyone confused with the Advent Calendar :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Hubble, partyin and Paladise like this.
  7. Unfortunately I missed the second day but I'm rooting for everyone aiming for the highest bonus, hopefully this will help some people.

The question I got from Riddler was "which reindeer would you see in outer space", the answer being Comet.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  8. Hey there!!

Since this is the first time for me that I'm doing the Advent challenges I'm a little nervous to see where it goes. Unfortunately, I did miss it last year but I'm hoping to complete it all this year! I'll definitely be returning to your post Paladise! I really appreciate that you're willing to help others on the server with the challenge every day it's an act of kindness that everyone will appreciate! Good luck everyone with the event hope everyone is enjoying it. Once again thank you Paladise for offering to help the community!

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  9. That's great! what a terrific guide, keep up the great work :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  10. this literally helped lol. I couldn't find the riddle lol

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  11. Hey Paladise,

Thank you so much for the guide. I actually missed the second day of the advent calendar, but it is great that you are helping the rest of the community by creating this. I'll be sure to check this guide everyday to see what challenges are coming up :)

Posted Dec 3, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 3, 2020
  12. YES I DON'T UNDERSTAND A WORD

Posted Dec 3, 2020
    Hubble, Paladise and LegendSavedXmas like this.
  13. lmafo I was typing as fast as I could, sorry about that xD. I'll go edit it right now

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  14. i was waiting for this, thank you!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  15. Hey there, I don't know if this is the right place to post a question since this is about the advent calendar, but do you have to do the challenge early to get the bonus or something, because I see this thing in the challenge details that says bonus available in 16 hours. Don't know if this is confusing, but ill clarify if needed. Please and thank you!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Paladise and Hubble like this.
  16. If you complete the challenge the same day it opened up, then you get the bonus, which I believe is given at the end of the 25 days. Hope this helps :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2020
    Da_One and Hubble like this.
  17. Hey Paladise!

As stated above, thank you for making this guide! This will be extremely helpful to players who may not be able to be present for every challenge the day it's given as well as for the players who may struggle with certain challenges. I hope you are able to keep the thread updated as the advent calendar progresses! Again, thank you for your help to the community! <3

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  18. Howdy!

Thank you so much for making this guide and I will definitely be checking it daily. I know plenty others will as-well as this guide is extremely helpful. You are a big help!! :)

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  19. Hey!

Thank you for creating this guide. Yesterday I spent about 45 minutes looking for the riddler, I wish I’d seen this earlier! This is a very helpful guide that will probably help many players complete their challenges from the advent calendar. Thank you for creating this guide!
    -Bob

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  20. Heyo!
    Thank you so much for making these for the community! It took a lot of people quite a long time to find the Riddler and answer the riddle correctly. I appreciate your effort to make the advent calendar easier for people to complete through the holiday season. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.