• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6556 Players Online
  • 3666 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

4k??

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ARareBlackBear, Aug 12, 2020.

1. just wanted to post and say that I think it's super cool that Mineplex hit 4k players today. The past few months lol, I've only seen the max at 2,600 players (somewhere around there) so that's pretty cool! Maybe mp will keep getting bigger player counts? :o Also the website player counter is stuck on 2890 lol

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Legend998 likes this.
  2. Hia!

Yeah, it's pretty cool that Mineplex has hit a big amount of players today! From my understanding, Hypixel is currently down so I assume lots of the players came over from Hypixel in the mean time to enjoy Mineplex mini-games! I remember back in 2014-2016 when Mineplex had like 35k players on at a time. Nonetheless, Mineplex is still that enjoyable server with a variety of mini-games that I remember from years ago. I hope that the player count grows again like the old days but even if it didn't, Mineplex is still one of my favorite servers.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  3. Our peak amount of players today was 5,432. This is definitely because Hypixel was down, however Hypixel yesterday wasn't down, and we got 3,700 players around peak time, so I do think Mineplex Java might be growing in popularity. Who knows, maybe will be hitting these numbers consistently before the end of the year?

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  4. Definitely something to think about! I saw Java reach 6.2k a few weeks ago when Hypixel went down. Big numbers!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  5. I usually see around 3k members online and I think that the surge in players was a direct result of Hypixel being down. I definitely agree that if tighten our restrictions on hackers and reduce lag we can see numbers like this more in the future. Sad to see that we only get these numbers when Hypixel is down though.
    I think that this is because around that time Hypixel and Mineplex split in the type of games that they would provide. Hypixel focused on pvp games like Sky Wars, Bed Wars, Duels, UHC, etc, while Mineplex worked on Heroes of Gwen and updating some of their current minigames. We can see from the number of players which one is more popular. No hate to any staff members or anything, just my prognosis.

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    ARareBlackBear and Amg_ (Amgeh) like this.
  6. I remember seeing that. That happened at about midnight in my timezone, so I didn't get to play during then, but it was pretty cool too see!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
    ARareBlackBear and Flalen™ like this.
  7. I agree with you dude! It's amazing to see Mineplex thriving with 4 thousand players!

Posted Aug 12, 2020
  8. Yes, I
    hope we can get back to the old player counts that mp had :3

hopefully, the numbers can stay lol, the 4k was gone in about an hour lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 12, 2020
    Amg_ (Amgeh) and Flalen™ like this.
  9. yeah we usually average less than Hypixel Skywars

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  10. Hey!

It is always nice to see whenever Mineplex gets over 3k, 4k, or even 5k players. Obviously this only happens in certain situations regarding another server, but it is still cool to see. I'm just hoping (and I'm sure others too) that one day, whenever we get that many players back on, they will actually stay and Mineplex can rise up again. But, we would need to make a lot of positive updates before that happens, so for now, we wait!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  11. I agree, its always depressing to see Mineplex Java with sometimes under 600 players, but fortunately, the Bedrock server is very popular, and the Java server also seems to be gaining more popularity. We'll see does Mineplex rise again, but I hope for the best!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  12. Hey,

A lot of people don't make a big deal out of the times Mineplex hits a player count they wouldn't on a regular day, but for me, there's always a spark of hope when that happens. I can't say that Mineplex will ever reach the player count it once had, but at one point when the pandemic was at its peak worldwide, there were almost 10k players online. I'm pretty sure a large rival server was down at the time, but so what? People who hadn't given Mineplex a chance in a while went on the server and some of them might have decided to stay if they were impressed. We are pushing out updates more consistently now, which means that when that server goes down again, more people will come back to Mineplex and more might stay depending on if they like what they see. There are so many possible ways the player count could rise and I don't think this one is all that unlikely.

Another point that was brought up in a video that I watched is that no one has forgotten when Mineplex was at its peak. Even though Mineplex has a significantly lower player count compared to its biggest competitor, I don't think there's anyone playing on that server who doesn't know what Mineplex is. Even if people are talking about what low player counts Mineplex has, they're still talking about Mineplex and keeping it in the loop. The worst thing can happen to a server is that it becomes irrelevant while sloping downwards, and I would say that Mineplex is far from irrelevant or being forgotten about. This means that when improvements happen and they're announced, players will become aware of them and might want to check them out. Mineplex is not hiding in some dark corner - it's very much out there, there's just quite a hefty gap between it and the most popular server in existence.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Paladise likes this.