• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A dark theme for the forums!

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by PhoneCord, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvroVulcan

AvroVulcan

Wherever I can, I opt to use a dark theme. I find often that light themes can be too bright, and it can get straining for my eyes. I would love a dark theme if possible (though it would take a lot of work), as it is more natural and comfortable for some people to look at.

+1!

Posted Feb 27, 2019
    Drawfull likes this.
  2. Piggie

Piggie

I would love this to be added. I'm currently viewing the forum in the dark and it's brighter than my future. Please help me change that.

Posted Mar 3, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  3. Drawfull

Drawfull

Myself personally, I choose to opt in with dark theme due the the fact that my eyes adapt better to seeing with a black background but with white my eyes don't see well, You've got my vote.
    +1

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  4. ThanksPyro

ThanksPyro

Hello!

I must say, I love this idea! I have personally never even thought of this idea before, but now that you have mentioned it, I believe it would be a really good edition to the forums. Like you, I use Youtube Dark theme, and think it looks "cool", for lack of better word. I hope this becomes a thing in the future, I'm all for it!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  5. AceSJus

AceSJus

As many people have stated above, a dark mode would be a very nice feature for the forums. Browsing the forums for a long time can really strain my eyes, so this could possibly remedy the problem. Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  6. xNooted

xNooted

Whats up!

100% +1 for the dark mode idea! When you take into account that so much of our community probably play Mineplex and are interacting amongst our website most likely do this later on in the evening, it would be easy on a lot of eyes! I use mine on Twitter and Youtube, any opportunity to use it, and I'm on it :)

Hope this is implemented eventually!

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  7. xKloss

xKloss

Very useful feature to have. I can only play during night time and this help me to avoid my eyes being irritated

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  8. It wouldn’t make a crazy difference but if they had time I would love to see that added I’m a big fan of dark mode.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  9. Border

Border

I really love this idea for a dark theme. I usually always turn it on whenever there is a chance to turn it on. Having it on the Mineplex forums will be a nice idea because sometimes the light so bright and it hurts my eyes. I feel like my eyes wouldn't be as bad with the dark theme on especially during the night!

Posted Mar 5, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  10. xSlowWifi

xSlowWifi

Hey!

I honestly would love to see a dark mode to come to the Mineplex website, it would also be cool if we could toggle the dark mode for when we want it and for when we don't.
    I personally love having dark modes on apps and websites, it's just softer on my eyes especially if I am doing work at night
    I did some editing and the ranks seem quite bright in terms of them showing in the "new posts" widget however they seem fine on posts.

Honestly would love to see this happen!

Of course, I did not edit everything and the final result would look much better :-)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~ Wifi​

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    cookiesdogsx and SkarmMines like this.
  11. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    I think this is a great idea - it's a lot better especially if you are in a dark room or if you're scrolling through the forums at night, it won't strain your eyes as much. I'm sure it'd also be not too hard for the developers to implement.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  12. happilycam

happilycam

Seeing as Wanderer made it fairly clear that a dark mode is possible, just not a priority; I’ll just briefly describe what I think about it. I love the idea, and I think it is going to be a fantastic addition whenever it does get added. Our site is definitely in need of some new features/selectable choices that users could choose from. This will be a great addition and I’m sure many players will love it.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  13. xOeuf

xOeuf

I'm actually really down with this. It makes using the forums at night much easier and I always have all my social media set to night mode by default.
    +1 oeuf <3

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  14. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hey!

A dark theme would be great taking in consideration that using it while you’re in a dark room or during night time would be better for eye care. Many of us are using this kind of theme on other sites and it’s pretty uncomfortable when you switch the tabs from a dark themed site to a light one.
    As staff members stated above that this has already been taken into consideration by Wanderer, I can’t wait to see it live!
    I also like the ‘widget button’ idea that lets you easily switch between themes without having to go to settings. I really hope this is going to be implemented as well.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  15. brucebannister

brucebannister

Definitely not top priority, but I would love the ability to switch between a light and dark theme.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    Betrayer and cookiesdogsx like this.
  16. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

I utterly love the idea. I always use the dark theme on other sites, and I have always thought that smaller details make something better, like minor additions, instead of just adding a new game again and again.

:)

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  17. Betrayer

Betrayer

Very good idea. It only took YouTube 10+ years to add it. So, Mineplex ain't late haha, hope to see it added soon.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  18. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Xd lol but yeah, it will probably take a while to add an entire new version of the forums just because people don't know how to lower their screen's brightness

:)

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  19. ppancake

ppancake

Don't see why this is still being responded to when your answer is right here.

Posted Mar 14, 2019
    SkarmMines likes this.
  20. StephenTries

StephenTries

Hi!

If Mineplex’s forums had a dark theme I would use it all the time! I always use dark theme on Twitter because I just think it looks better than normal. Plus, yeah normal theme really hurts my eyes. It’d be very useful to use at night when I’m laid in bed because I always brace myself for God to open the gates of heaven for a brief moment while I turn the brightness all the way down.

Maybe if they do what Twitter do and just replace the white with black and black with white (text and background) then things would be very simple to develop. I say that, but I have nooooo idea how development works lol

Overall, yeah! Good idea. +1

Posted Mar 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.