• 414 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2939 Players Online
  • 2525 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion A few Cake Wars suggestions!

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Shanndon01, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Hello, Everyone! Here are some of my suggestions I think would benefit the overall game experience of cake wars, and just make the game mode a tad bit better! I've added my suggestion, as well as a reasoning on why it's a suggestion beside it. Hopefully, you'll agree with me, and get some of this stuff added!

1. Add a tracking compass - Currently, there have been a lot of players that will just build under their spawn island, and crouch camp when their team is loosing. Leading it to be a scavenger hunt in order to win. - Usually, it just leads to a draw after about 20 minutes of looking for the missing player.
    2. Larger Player battles, maybe a 10 v 10 or something along those lines. It'd spice up the gameplay, and PVP!
    3. Regular (What we have now) and an OP/Hardcore game type (Selectable in the lobby) - Just a more dynamic option, if we can buy sharp 5 diamond swords in the emerald shop rather than a regular diamond sword (Op Mode)
    These are just a few suggestions! Keep in mind it's my own "Personal" ones!

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  2. 1- Having a tracking compass at the beginning of the game wouldn't be the best idea because that would kind of defeat the purpose of buying traps. If a team doesn't have a trap but takes out their compass, they will know that someone is near their cake. It would also make sneaking in to someone's base a lot harder.

2- Large player battles would be a nice idea, but we would have to make new maps for that. You could also just do that in mps if you have enough players and queue your team. However, I do like the idea of a game mode like this.

3- This idea would basically be a revamp of weekend brawl but only for cakewars. All OP game modes were removed because they're out for limited times, and not many people played it after a while, so I doubt they would add this.

I still like these ideas though!
    ~Julian

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  3. I'm not too sure how I feel about an OP mode with sharpness 5's but a Red VS Blue styled 10v10 mode would be quite fun I think and with the tracking compass, I'd probably have them given 15 minutes in rather than instantly.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  4. I definitely agree with this. I suggested a compass a while back for Cake Wars and I'd really like to see this get added. I've been playing Cake Wars for some time now, and I find it hard to see why they haven't yet added this. It's a great tool to prevent camping and stop it as a whole. Camping can become very aggravating and frustrating and I'd like to see an end to it. A tracking compass would make Cake Wars more fun due to the rid of campers. For this idea, +1.

I'm kind of against this one. I don't see a 10 v 10 working. It's a bit too many players. And how would this work? Would it be a different game mode? Would it be the new Cake Wars? If the first one, they aren't adding a new gamemode. It would split the player base and divide people. As for the second one, I don't agree with it taking over the original Cake Wars. Plus, that would be reverting back to two teams. Overall, I don't really like the idea of this, so I'll give it a -1.

I'm against this one as well. I don't like the idea of adding an "OP" version of Cake Wars. It wouldn't really be necessary and I don't think it would bring people to Mineplex. It's not like you're really suggesting much of a change either. I mean, it would be a bit too op if there were Sharpness 5 diamond swords. I don't think it would be fair, just make the game frustrating. For this idea, -1 as well.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  5. Once again, having a tracking compass at the beginning of the game wouldn't be the best idea because that would kind of defeat the purpose of buying traps. If a team doesn't have a trap but takes out their compass, they will know that someone is near their cake. It would also make sneaking in to someone's base a lot harder. Sure, it would prevent camping, but what would we do about traps? -1

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  6. I agree with you here, however perhaps the compass could be made as something you buy. It should be in the emerald shop so it can be purchased at the end of the game. Instead of players starting with it, I think it would be better as a buyable item. It could cost a large amount of emeralds so it takes some time to acquire.

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    ShutUpMyChild :) and Korben like this.
  7. Hey! I love these ideas! Here's some of my feedback on them;
    I totally understand the frustration with this issue, It can be really annoying when there's one player left and then they hide under the spawn island so adding compasses would be a great idea to speed up game time when this happens. My suggestion here would to be either add them 3 minutes after automatic cake destruction or add them to the shop, probably the emerald shop for around 10-15 emeralds. I think having them at the beginning of the game isn't super useful so being able to buy them or getting them near the end when the issue arises would be a lot more useful. I really love this suggestion, it would be a great addition to the game.

I love the concept of having more types of Cakewars. A 10v10 would be super interesting, however, there would need to be some accommodations because the games will either run super short or super long. Maybe make it so there's 2-3 cakes to destroy or make generator speeds quicker in this game mode. I feel like in a 10v10, one team may immediately get destroyed if the other team rushes or it may take too long if the teams are balanced. The only other issue I could see with this game mode is that there are no current maps that could be used for it because there would have to be 2 team islands rather than 4 in regular cakewars so new maps would have to be made.

I like the idea of a more competitive mode of cakewars, it could be really fun. What other differences would be made besides items though? I was thinking maybe faster generator times, cake destruction comes at half the time it usually does so the game is a little more rushed and competitive and maybe adding like knockback sticks or other items like that would be a fun addition to this game mode.
    Thanks for these suggestions!

Posted Feb 21, 2020
  8. yeah, i was thinking of this idea as a solution the problem, maybe it could cost like 20 emeralds so people either buy it or don't depending on their game situation. With this, that's a +1 for me

Posted Feb 21, 2020
    Korben and LT Tombstone 77 like this.

9. You could be able to purchase the tracking compass, this is cake wars not a hide-and-seak, if they wanted to just hide, and be found, go play block wars.. you know?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 23, 2020
  10. Hello,
    First of all, thanks for contributing with your ideas regarding a wonderful mode on MP! I'm gonna give my opinion on these suggestions of yours.

For the 1st one, I'd agree with you. They should definitely add tracking compass to help players find each other late game and avoid the draw in a game because of campers. I would suggest giving one either when half time is over or you can just buy it in shop with emeralds. Giving it early game wouldn't be fair. +1

For the 2nd one, It'd be a good idea to add a bigger player capacity for a 10v10 team game. However, with the current number of players playing it, I don't think it'll be worthy of adding, though I like that idea. +1

Now for the last one, OP mode is known to be an interesting mode for most of the players. However, it sometimes make the OP games Event pointless. What would be the point of making OP games Event when you can just go to "OP" mode and play and earn rewards there. They could just find a way to add it without harming the Events. This is still not a bad suggestion, but I don't think they'll add it. I myself like the idea of OP games but I can't agree with that opinion .-1

Thanks for reading my point of view regarding this suggestion.

Posted Feb 23, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 24, 2020
  11. I can’t stress enough how important it is to have a compass in cake wars. This would decrease the amount of campers, as well as stopping them too. Cake wars games could be much shorter without players hiding, making rushing and such easier.
    Unfortunately, the community isn’t always a big fan of this idea, as it splits up the player base. I have to add on to that concept, it would only incorporate competition, frankly the gametime would extend longer as well. It also makes it more difficult to win; I’m not saying that’s bad, it just might be unfair on some occasions.
    I don’t necessarily think this would be a good addition. Frankly, I like the regular version of Cake Wars as it is. Also, it would be indifferent for there to be an OP cake wars, as enchantments, etc. are already available. It would be quite easy to win with a sharpness 5 sword as well; I feel like in some way this is bringing back upgradable kits, except you buy them in game. Although, I would enjoy this game mode, I don’t see any reason it should be added.

Thanks for suggesting these ideas!

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  12. If you mean adding a compass at the beginning of the game, I highly disagree. Like others have said, that would make traps essentially useless, and would make sneaking around a less reliable strategy. However, a compass after cake rot would be 100% cool with me. Maybe around 15 emeralds (might be too much), that you can buy about 5 minutes after cake rot?

I can, however, see why people would think this is unnecessary. Players can’t exactly hide under an island for the entire game. The border closes in on you pretty fast once you are pretty far into the game. There’s also bats that attack you if you go too far underneath an island. But yeah, a compass would be a decent alternative/backup if someone somehow manages to camp.

+1

Personally I think this would be really fun. However, like other suggestions (adding 1v1v1v1s, 3v3v3v3s, etc), it wouldn’t do so well. The player count is already a bit low for that, and it would just divide the Cake Wars players even more. This would cause games to take ages to fill, or maybe not fill at all. I could see it being accommodated for an event though!

For the same reasons as your second suggestion, I don’t think this would work all too well. I do, however, think this would work in an event server.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    Korben likes this.
  13. Greetings!

Overall I do like the idea of adding a tracking compass. This would allow us to find players who like to hide throughout the map. It would help us throughout the game as well. So I'll give that a +1 Next "Larger Battles" I don't think we need another mode for CakeWars. We don't want to split the player base even more. I think for now we should stick with Regulars and Duos. So I'll be giving that -1 Lastly Different game styles. I am going to say I don't think these would fit into the Bedrock Server. Personally to me. I would just keep playing regular cake wars. These different modes or styles will also cause the player base to split even more which I don't think we once again need. So I'll be giving that a -1.

Overall I think these suggestions are good but I think we don't need to split the player base at all. Let's stick with CakeWars Regular and Duos for now. I can't wait to see what other players think about this idea!

- GuardianInASuit | Your Friendly Mineplex Guardian​

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    Korben and xGetRekted like this.
  14. Yes please. LOL It's pretty frustrating not being able to find the last player when everyone's cake is gone. xd Usually if my cake hasn't been eaten, I can just jump into the void to find the last player.

I would really like this ngl. Maybe it could replace our existing Cake Wars Duos? Personally, I don't find Cake Wars Duos to be as fun as regular Cake Wars, and I feel that a 10v10 Cake Wars would be chaotic! Which means it'd be more crazy and fun! LOL

I feel that for now we should probably stick to a maximum of 2 game modes for Cake Wars for now. Maybe later we could add this! But right now, I have similar feelings to the people who posted already.

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  15. If you need a tracking compass against the last player or something like that then jump off the map and you will get one for the 5 seconds that you are dead.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
  16. However there’s also the issue in which your cake is eaten. Plus players don’t constantly want to be falling off the edge for that, if your opponent is moving around, it’s best to keep one so you don’t have to be falling off the edge constantly.

Posted Mar 10, 2020
    Stqtiixs (Unknitsun) likes this.