• 1115 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3199 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A little rant...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Plqzma, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm logging into Mineplex forums and I check my notifications and I see, one of my ideas has been turned down. No biggie right? Probably most people disliked it? Wrong! I saw mostly good feedback about how people agree with what I asked. Then all of a sudden, "Not Planned" comes up. Why? What is so hard about it, if you read it, you would understand its tweaking of a few lines of code nothing more! So if someone would kindly explain why it wouldn't be implemented I'd be very happy to hear your thoughts. My guess is that it is little relevance as it was pertaining to the limited-time game Halloween Hunt.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  2. On the plus side, at least they didn’t lock the thread like they usually do.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  3. Hello~~~

I'm sorry for what happened, but I think the Not Planned was reasonable. As of now there is only less than 2 weeks till the event is over, and there would be no point in changing it at this time. I'd suggest that next year they will make the time limit longer, so it'd make it easier for people to pick their kits. The only reason it was placed as Not Planned is because there was no point in making the update when it's an Event Game. I personally don't know how long it would take to code that, and I assume not much, but I still agree that it wasn't really needed this year.

I'm pretty sure whenever someone locks a forum you can DM asking them a more detailed way of why it was denied. I'd assume that it just didn't take priority since it's an Event Game. I'm sorry that your forum got denied even though it got good reviews, again I suggest making the same forum before next year Halloween game. I also suggest DMing the staff member who locked your forums for a more detailed reason as why it was denied.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  4. An idea can receive positive feedback but that doesn't mean it's going to be implemented. I read the reason why the idea was not planned on your thread and it seemed justified. It's not something that the staff team should prioritise right now considering the event will be over soon, and in the staff member's reply they even said that "we never know what's going to happen with next years update", meaning that your idea could possibly be implemented if the game mode were to make a return next year.

When you bring forward an idea, you should be always be aware that it runs the risk of being denied or not planned, regardless of feedback, as there are so many factors that go into considering an idea. Going in with a mindset that all of your ideas will be processed is not one I'd recommend you to have, as you could be disappointed when the result is not like you hoped for, like this.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you're actively coming up with ideas and contributing to the community in a positive way. I'd recommend DM'ing the staff member that marked your thread as not planned as they will be able to give you a much more detailed explanation. That was just my take on the issue.

Have a good day, and I hope I gave you a bit more insight as to why your idea was marked as not planned.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  5. Not planned is usually planted onto someone’s thread because as it says, ‘not planned’ Mineplex hasn’t planned for whatever your unique idea or suggestion to Mineplex was. Even if many people liked it that doesn’t mean that it’s going to get accepted as a suggestion for Mineplex. Usually threads like the ones you posted get locked but yours luckily didn’t which means that it might eventually have a chance and ‘not planned’ doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s not ever going to get considered by the Mineplex staff team.

I’m not gonna lie it’s great to hear that your actively coming up with new suggestions for the Mineplex server unfortunately not all suggestions always go through, I just recommend that you keep coming up with new threads for ideas/suggestions etc and maybe one day Mineplex might consider something.

Hope you have a good day and I wish you all the best.. :)

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  6. Hello,

Taking a look back at the thread you are referring to, I have noticed that I was the one to mark the idea as "Not Planned." I'd like to point out a quote of what I said in my reply to this thread: "Though this is not planned for this year, we never know what's going to happen with next years update if the game returns." The idea was not flat-out rejected like you appear to make it seem in this thread; however, I did mark it as "Not Planned" for this years event. It simply does not make sense for us to take the time to make such a small change that will only last a few weeks. Additionally, I also said that the only small benefit that we could get from this would be to be able to change our kits at the last second, but being a challenger game mode, everything should be set as it is before the game starts. It also brings the small benefit that it alerts people it is Challenger mode since sometimes the announcement can be missed by players. In the future, instead of making a thread about why the idea was denied, just PM the member who marked it as "Not Planned" and we will be more than happy to assist. Since I have addressed your question, I'll be locking this thread. If you have any further questions about this thread or the idea, send me a PM.

Thread Locked

Posted Oct 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.