• 289 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3465 Players Online
  • 3176 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A look back at Champions

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Sam_Diggity, Apr 12, 2022.

1. It's been nearly 8 years. So many memories. This game will forever carry nostalgia in my heart. It's one of the most innovative games I've ever come across (despite its many, many flaws). It's quite obvious that this game has neared the end of its life. If any of you have memories or thoughts you'd like to share, I would love to read them.

Thanks for playing with me over the years guys. It's been a blast.

Posted Apr 12, 2022
    Starx280, Hirud, Arshaad_73 and 2 others like this.
  2. static lazer go brrrrrrr

Posted Apr 12, 2022
  3. being hit by striking or whatever the ability was called (on assassin kit) for the first time ever and jumping out of my chair...

Posted Apr 13, 2022
  4. Healing my Team on Teambattles

Posted Apr 13, 2022
  5. I used to be a painfully sweaty Champions player: If I had not stopped playing in early 2017, I would likely be at least in the Leaderboard top 50. I have some great memories of the times I was busy trolling Competitive DOM players and at the same time tryhard to kill them. Back when you could still go outside the map to explore their secrets. I also remember having 1v1s with Flaym when he wasn't even staff. I think I have been playing Champions since Mid 2015 and have grown my PvP skills with that game and seen many leaderboard players when they were still in their start, great times.

Posted Apr 13, 2022
  6. I used to love playing Champions, played it competitively for a little bit in 2016/17. I always used to main Assassin and capture points / get Emeralds, never did a ton of fighting unless I had to. It was also funny to go as a trolly mage with Static Lazer here and there as well. Really hoping the game can bounce back in numbers to be regularly playable.

Posted Apr 13, 2022
  7. Champions was and still is my favorite game, I'd love to see it become active again. It was one of those uniquely Mineplex games.

My memories of champs mostly consist of me maining Mage with void and people getting angry at me.

Posted Apr 13, 2022
  8. I used to be a Champions player and I love the game so much. Everyday just came from school and started playing it, So. Much. Fun!
    Especially CTF used to be so enjoyable, being #6 on leaderboard says enough how much I enjoyed playing it.

I started of being an Assassin main to ranger main to brute main to not playing it anymore and becoming a noob lmao

Posted Apr 14, 2022
  9. Also making maps for it was also a lot of fun to do so.

Posted Apr 14, 2022
  10. I just got back into playing it, and it is a lot of fun. It really is a great game to play every now and then.

Posted Apr 14, 2022
  11. I miss champions being so popular as well as CTF and deathmatch, my favourite thing to do was void mage people but uhhh... we don't talk about that it's in the past...

Posted Apr 16, 2022
  12. I loved the game when no one knew how to play the game....

Posted Apr 17, 2022
  13. Champions/SSM > Everything else.

Seriously, champions was one of the first games I got into and it's been one of my favorites ever since. I was always an Assassin, Mage and Ranger user as I started when I was like 8 and never took the game too seriously. I liked trolling with rupture/satic laser, heavy arrows, overcharge longshot or by evade spamming.

Posted Apr 17, 2022
  14. I remember playing CTF a lot because I was obsessed with the concept at the time. I was also obsessed with playing defense, used ranger a lot, and constantly used Napalm Shot on the flag.
    you are (or were, for that matter) evil.

Posted Apr 19, 2022
  15. i played alot of champions back in the day i remember use the mage alot idk why i just liked how i could trap people in ice cages and then shoot them. hahaha good time....

Posted Apr 20, 2022
  16. omg i love mineplex champions!!!!!! :potato:

Posted May 19, 2022
    Isabaaat likes this.
  17. Still remember when i aa trapped flaym in twin peaks, that was fun.

I also remembered when every second game a sweat party of 4-5 stomped everyone who wasnt red team

Posted May 19, 2022
  18. I personally never really got into Champions apart from the occasional MPS that hosted games every now and then. However, it always seemed like a game that a very specific, smaller part of the community enjoyed which is awesome to see. All I remember from Champions from when I played it was I always went Ranger because I liked to bow and mage because of the fire. Hopefully it regains a player base so maybe I can get more involved in it!

Posted May 20, 2022
  19. Probably the single reason why I got good at PvP was the volume of games I played...I remember being a decent all-rounder. Ranger was pretty satisfying... one-hitting people with Longshot and Overcharge was a talent you'd have to hone but there was a good payoff. Assassin was also pretty good, despite the obvious armour weakness, I guess because being a menace with its abilities was also fun..maybe funner.

I remember Viper Strike or some ability being broken somehow (like, actually glitchy), and of course everyone used it because of that.

There were also broken loadouts (metaphorically, they were hard to fight), but I think the funnest ones were the ranger/assassins.. it was good to be kept on my toes.

In both senses of the word the broken stuff was annoying at the time, but now they're what the mind latches onto upon reflection :o

It'll always be a good family of games; through no fault of its own it declined unfortunately. I'm not entirely familiar with the ecosystem of minigame servers and where people prefer to spend time these days but hopefully Champions can come back.

Posted May 21, 2022