• 264 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2843 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned a mini game idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by SychoSoldier, Dec 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well howdy there. I will start off by saying that the server seems fun, but I feel it's lacking something. I believe that something is SkyBlock. I believe that skyblock can add a lot of interesting mechanics to any server and I truly think this server would benefit from implementing skyblock as a mini game. There could be chests that people spend money on to try to get very rare or limited resources, certain cosmetics only available in skyblock. It could start off in a brief trial period and then require a pass to play that would cost around $2-$5 USD. There are so many options that could make skyblock a great addition. How many people agree with me?

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  2. Yo,

Seeing as this is a new game suggestion, I will be moving it over into that section.

I don't think Skyblock is a good fit for us as we're mainly a mini-game server and there are entire servers dedicated to just having Skyblock. I also don't agree with a purchase to have to be able to play and that seems like it would clash with the EULA. Skyblock in itself is decently fun, but like I mentioned before it doesn't fit with our mini-game based server. It could be a nice addition for Bedrock, as I feel that community might enjoy it more than the Java community would.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  3. I disagree, skyblock shouldn't be added as said above since it doesn't fit the general theme of game mineplex has
    I'm not sure about bedrock since I don't play it that often.

Posted Dec 1, 2018
  4. So 2 things on this topic

First is that I think SkyBlock as a game wouldn't implement well at all. I believe that a lot of the reason people play on Mineplex is because is offers certain games and experiences other servers cant offer anywhere else. Or at least, games that are different enough to offer a unique experience. Most servers nowadays have their own SkyBlock game. You kind of see the same 3 games on servers, these being Factions, Prison, and Skyblock. At least this is from my personal experience. And that's okay for a majority of servers, but Mineplex is a minigames server. I don't think that SkyBlock really fits the bill too well.

Second is that having people pay after a trail period is probably not the correct course of action. If this game was implemented Mineplex would need to offer the best SkyBlock around to be able to make up for that price. Mineplex should be free to play on, any ranks or chests you buy are not necessary, so why should you have to pay for just one game?

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  5. Skyblocks is a really fun game mode, but you would have to think to yourself if it would fit mineplex. Personally, I don't think it would. Skyblock as its own has a wide variety of nature to it and putting it on the mineplex server would take away from that factor. Why I say that is because, with all that is being focused on right now, it wouldn't really be paid attention to as much after release.

Some may argue that clans were a wild possibility that was put into the mineplex server. And for that I would have to say it's because not only was this game reincarnate of HCF, it was also implemented with champions gameplay. Because it was having champions involved with its gameplay, it was already bound to uphold a community.

EULA is also a thing that exists and it wouldn't really be good to implement skyblock to mineplex since we try our best to avoid EULA. And because of these strict rules, the extra "exclusive" thing you could get would be fairly limited and would bound to get repetitive. For these reasons, I don't think this would be a good fit.

Posted Dec 2, 2018
  6. I love skyblock, as I only play on the bedrock version I can say that skyblock is very scarce. Personally I would love for it to be added to Mineplex but we also have to look at the bigger picture. A skyblock game would not fit in with the idea behind mineplex, granted that the bedrock has factions and survival so it is a little more plausible there.

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  7. -1

Yeah skyblock is really fun tbh but the thing about it is, mineplex is a minigame server. Skyblock just wouldn’t fit the theme tbh. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing it on bedrock however. I will admit i’m less experienced with bedrock, but I think the game could work there because of creative housing and such.

Posted Dec 14, 2018
  8. Hey!

I have to disagree with this idea. I do not think that Skyblock would work well on Mineplex, as Mineplex is a mini game server and Skyblock doesn't make sense to be on this server. I do think that it might be able to work in mps' but that's the only place I think it could work.

Thanks for the post.
    -Animal

Posted Dec 15, 2018
  9. It's definitely an intriguing idea. Besides Mineplex being more of a minigame server, if there was a twist to it I wouldn't mind, but I can't think of anything that would make me want to play it. Skyblock for me isn't really a constant game I play, it's more of a phase. You start and get bored after you complete everything and then you just restart and the process repeats. I haven't played Skyblock in a while anywhere but I haven't heard of any new things coming to Skyblock fixing the problem.

Posted Dec 15, 2018
  10. While I like your idea, I'm going to have to disagree. Going off of what everyone said above me, Mineplex is a server dedicated to minigames and Skyblock wouldn't really fit into that category. Like said above, there are some servers that are entirely dedicated to Skyblock, so I feel that if you want to play Skyblock you should try to look elsewhere. Adding this game to Mineplex would definitely take away the "minigame" feel to it.

Besides, having to pay for a pass to play the game seems like something that would break the EULA. While I don't know all the details of the EULA I'm pretty sure that paying to play a game would break some rule or another.

I do appreciate you coming up with ideas on how to improve Mineplex, so please keep that up! :)

Posted Dec 15, 2018
    Joiined likes this.
  11. Heyo
    While Skyblock is a very fun game, unfortunately I'm going to have to disagree for reasons which I will be explaining below.
    Firstly, Mineplex is a mini-game server and with the exception of a few games, hosts mini-games and only mini-games. Skyblock is more of a long term game and Mineplex already has a long term game: Clans for Java, Survival for Bedrock.
    Secondly, the requirement of paying to play Skyblock would most likely be an issue with the EULA and the community. I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think the EULA is very fond of paying to play. Additionally, the community would not be happy with paying for playing. Not everyone on Mineplex can afford to pay and/or doesn't have a Paypal account, credit card, etc.
    Just a quick question: Would paying be per month, per year or would it be a one and done payment?
    I'm going to have to disagree here, but thanks for sharing this idea!
    Have a great day!

Posted Dec 15, 2018
  12. Yo!

Thank you for contributing towards idea discussion here on Mineplex! Unfortunately, I will be denying your idea for the following reasons:

Thematic Issues
    As previously stated by many of the lovely users above, Mineplex is a minigame server that primarily focuses on creating new, exciting games to enhance our server. The only games that we feature that aren't considered mini-games would be Clans for Java and Survival for Bedrock, like Pancake_7 mentioned. We don't plan on implementing more long term survival or building games since our server doesn't have that type of audience. Our target audience are players who want to play minigames, not survival games like Skyblock, so we most likely won't be adding Skyblock or any similar gamemodes in the foreseeable future.

EULA
    With the EULA we are unable to charge players to play on server or pay to win features. With that being stated, requiring players to pay to access factions would be against the EULA and cause legality issues that we'd rather not involve ourselves in.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea feel free to PM me or another member of Community Management.

Thread Locked - Idea Denied
    Thematic Issues and violates the EULA

Posted Jan 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.