• 288 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3371 Players Online
  • 3083 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A New Gamemode:5v5

Discussion in 'Mine-Strike' started by whatup, Sep 17, 2020.

?

Should they add 5v5?

1. OFC

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. nah bro

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. I think max 20 players in a game is a bit too much, its almost impossible to survive the whole round when the enemy team has a party where the best players of MS are. *SPOILER ALERT* they are too good when 10v10ing, 5v5 would be more easy and fun to play imo.

Posted Sep 17, 2020
  2. Hello!
    This is a very interesting idea! I believe that creating a 5v5 game mode for CS would work really well if executed correctly. Doing so will allow for more competition and strategic gameplay, similar to what we are seeing with modern search and destroy games such as Rainbow 6 Siege and Valorant. I think it works really well and can be pulled of under one circumstance, creating smaller and more compact maps to accommodate a smaller team. In my opinion, MineStrike has quite a large map size, and it is often hard to find an enemy later in each round. Creating a smaller map for a 5v5 mode would allow for smoother gameplay and potentially more action, as opposed to having to run around the map waiting for an opponent to show up. Overall, I think this would work really well! Creating this mode would allow for a more competitive aspect in MineStike (although it's already somewhat competitive), and may start to encourage more people to play as it would allow for people in a party to fill up an entire team to have some fun with friends. +1 from me!

Posted Sep 17, 2020
  3. Hello!

After returning to Minestrike after a bit, I have found that most games, the teams are very balanced and good players are on both sides. All the maps are designed for games that are typically around 6 players, and this morning when I was in a 4 v 4, it wasn't that fun. Having a 5 v 5 won't discourage players in parties from joining, in fact it is much easier to get a party of 5 then to get a party of 10 players. Additionally, it will only split up the already small playerbase for Minestrike, a reason that has denied very similar ideas for other gamemodes. Overall, I have to give this idea a -1.

Creating a 5 v 5 gamemode will only strengthen the effect of parties on gamemodes. I don't see how bringing a 5 v 5 gamemode will allow for more competition or strategic gameplay, because the gameplay will stay the same. Most times, current Minestrike lobbies don't even reach 20 players, typically only going up to 16. Those games have the playerbase to sustain multiple gamemodes, something that Mineplex sadly does not have.

While this may bring more players in parties, I do not wish to see what is happening in Champions currently brought upon other games. Feel free to join a Dominate game and see what I'm talking about

Posted Sep 17, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  4. The maps are meant to be for 5v5s. Not sure why it's not in the game tbh.

Posted Sep 17, 2020
  5. because 5v5 is for competitive...and casual is 8v8 :shrug:

Posted Sep 17, 2020
  6. yes but it could still work for the casual gamemode

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    whatup likes this.