• 200 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2284 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion A new kit and a rework for warrior

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by SpitefulNick, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Too small of a boost to matter, but even if you make it big enough to matter then it would be OP. Base damage is better.
    Thanks for the feedback! I know .25 might seem like a huge buff, but really it's maybe a 1 hit difference in a fight. In reality, it's just 1/5th of a sharpness upgrade. .05 on kill would keep the kit obsolete, as it's such a minimal difference that you might as well be using a different kit.
    eh I guess, but this reminds me of rogue from champions and screw that class. I'd rather just have a base +.25 on sword damage.
    I don't believe there was any mention of removing frosting on this thread.

As for tank, could you elaborate on why it's too powerful? As I see it, while it gets +2 hearts, it also will have more or less even matchups with every class except maybe builder. Frosting can combo them to make up the damage, warrior's new perk would make up the damage, archer could bow to make up damage, and even builder could block place to make up for the gap.

I absolutely disagree with any strength related buff being added to the game. .25 damage gives you a win in really close fights. Any level of strength will allow you to practically 2 or 3 shot everyone.

Also thanks to whoever revived this dead thread. Heres to hoping I get a few more people to see it before It gets pushed down by "what would you do if your level reset", "cats or dogs", "favorite youtuber" or "favorite mob". Hurray for off topic/surveys in latest posts.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 21, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  2. I don't play much Cake Wars so take my feedback with a pinch of salt, but I know how all the kits work and have a pretty good understanding of the balancing aspect when it comes to kits. I really like the two suggestions you've made here. From the games that I've played, I've seen hardly anyone using the Warrior kit like you mentioned, which clearly tells me that the kit doesn't really compete with the others. When I first saw the Warrior kit, I assumed that it had some kind of damage buff already since the name would suggest something along those lines. I think a .25 damage upgrade on all swords would be a good way to make this kit viable again, because as you mentioned that extra damage could definitely make the difference in a fight. With what someone mentioned above, I think if you have Sharpness II and a diamond sword by the first 1-2 minutes of a game, then it's pretty likely that you're going to win that game regardless of whether the kit had a small damage upgrade.

As for the new kit idea that you've suggested, I think it's good as well. With Warrior no longer being the health oriented kit, I think your idea would be great to fill it's shoes. I do agree that the kit should have some kind of permanent negative potion effect or something to balance the increased health, I'm just personally not sure what. I'd like to see what other players think of your suggestion though! Good thread.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. Heyo,

I DEFINITELY agree with this new kit. Warrior has been buffed and debuffed multiple times over and it's definitely getting frustrating for myself as a player having to see this imbalance it kit performance taking place.

I think there is a really big discussion taking place at Mineplex regarding whether frosting should be debunked or whether warrior should be buffed again, as the imbalance in kits is huge. Archery isn't commonly used because it isn't great for a variety of strategies, and can easily be countered by close-range combat or platforms that the builder uses. Builder provides the ability to move around very easily to just about anywhere and gives a large number of blocks which can be good for rushing, defending, or suffocating. Builder can once again be countered with frosting and previously warrior. All of these kits have something beneficial about them, but warrior can't exactly match up with the rest, resulting in nobody using the kit.

Buffing it back up by at least a little so that it does something useful and can, if not match, at least work with the other kits, that would allow for a lot of game strategies to open up and expand the game's arsenal of tactics. It will be fun to learn about these new tactics and try them all over again. +1.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.