• 695 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10029 Players Online
  • 9334 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned a SERIOUS problem with comp account bans

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by AtLeastYouTried, Jun 1, 2020.

?

do you think comp account bans should get infinite appeals(or at least more than 3)

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I use a web accelerator because I live in Asia... sometimes web accelerators changes their acceleration nodes, and my ip will fly across the country, causing me to get comp account banned. this is my third compromised account ban, and if this keeps happening I will get network banned for too many comp account bans. my main was already perm banned for this reason, and I really don't wanna lose another account, so is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  2. Hello there!

I have had 3 compromised account bans on one of my other accounts too even though nothing has happened. I suggest messaging Toki on discord and see what she has to say.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  3. aaaaaaaaaand my appeal was denied because im can only be pardoned twice from 'justified' punishments not mad at all

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  4. I just lost my second main yay

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  5. Web accelerators are not allowed due to the fact that they can't be recognized as a web accelerator and are recognized as a comp account. Once you get "2 Justified Appeals" you will not be able to get anymore of them that aren't false bans. I just cope with lots of lag.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    LLLLLLL likes this.
  6. I have 1300 ms so

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  7. I get similar and higher then that sometimes and you just have to cope with the lag or play a different server that gives you less ping.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    LLLLLLL likes this.
  8. well then guess I will have to either play hypixel which I don't like or play Asian potpvp servers 24/7

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  9. I think we should get just 2 appeals for hacking bans, but infinite appeals for comp account bans

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  10. Hello again!

I do understand that it’s not too much of a fair ban. You said that you got denied as you already have 2 approved justified appeals. You do have 1 appeal chance left, the special appeal. Use that appeal and make sure everything is correct. I’m not sure where is is but you can find it on the forums or ask a staff member for the special appeal link. Hope this helps!

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  11. If you would like the special appeal, the link is: https://www.mineplex.com/special-appeal.
    Good Luck with your appeal!

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  12. I think the best way to deal with it is to just not use a web accelerator on Mineplex.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
    venez. likes this.
  13. yeah then I have to play with 2000ms(literally) cuz I am on the opposite side of the earth

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  14. Hey! What I think about the compromised account bans is like if you have 2 different ip's constantly on 1 account, I think they would ban you for Compromised Account, If you are going to use something like a web accelerators then do not log on to your main IP. Or If you are spamming something in the public chat that is something like a bot you would get banned for Compromised Account / Bot spam, So all I can say is stick to one IP instead of logging in both constantly.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  15. sometimes web accelerators automatically change their acceleration node

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2020
  16. Make sure you change your password, security questions, have 2fa on any servers that offer it. Don't give out your email.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  17. GOD, IT'S LIKE YOU DIDN'T EVEN READ THE FREAKING POST!

Anyways!

Personally, as many individuals have stated above, I would recommend messaging Toki regarding this matter. In my honest and unbiased opinion, I think it's pretty crummy that individuals, such as yourself, who need to utilize various forms of external tools just to be able to play on the server at any decent ping get auto-comp banned.

It's easy for individuals from North America to say "too bad so sad" when they get 100 ms on a bad day. Whenever I end up getting 2000 ms, the server becomes unplayable. And, personally, I wish other people recognized this stance...

Anyways! DM Toki! She's super nice and I'm sure she would be able to help with any further clarification. Other than that, unfortunately, there really isn't much that can be done. I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

-Dan

-------------------------------------------------------------

Additional notes:

Since this is an ideas thread, here's an idea!! c:

I feel like the way in which compromised accounts are detected could use a bit of reworking. I mean, comp. accounts that spam server IPs in Lobby-1 are one thing. But people trying to log in from Asia using an external tool so they can actually play on the server... that's another.

Either that, or maybe rework the rules themselves to allow for players who are not compromised accounts and who just want to play on Mineplex from, say, Asia with less than 2,000+ MS could, after their second appeal, maybe just be whitelisted from the automatic banning system?

Because, I mean, for accounts that actually are compromised, would they ever actually make an appeal? And, if they do, out of all of the banned compromised accounts, how many of them actually do this?

Personally, even though a few actually compromised accounts might abuse this system, I think being able to help those such as this thread's OP who isn't a compromised account would be much more beneficial. And, for those accounts that are compromised and are banned by an automated detection and do get appealed, if they end up spamming in a lobby or hacking in a server, we have moderators for that. Chat offenses are super easy, too! Literally everyone now has /report, which logs the chat messages and, from what I can see, can be knocked out by a moderator in just a few minutes once they address the report.

And, if they don't, mineplex.com/reports is still available. If you have Labymod, there's an addon named Better Screenshots which allows you to automatically upload your captured screenshot onto Imgur. Or, you could just use the command /chatsnap, which takes a capture of Mineplex's current chat in its entirety. Just c/p the link just as you would an uploaded screenshot.

Posted Jun 1, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2020
  18. There is no way, geographically, that you get 2000+ ping if you have optimal internet connections.
    Also wdym by web accelerator? Web accelerators are for web servers... not usually for personal use.

Posted Jun 1, 2020
  19. well web conditions aren't ideal most of the time.
    a web accelerator is basically a server that is directly connected to nodes in other countries via optical fibre or sth and is close to you as well. web accelerators give you a much better connection than wireless internet.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2020
  20. damn you really spent a lot of time. thank you for your appreciation
    yeah this guy basically said everything I wanted to say

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.