• 1977 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4556 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed A small QoL feature

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Im_Ken, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This idea only just popped into my head now, but I was thinking that it would be cool if maybe, it was implemented.

On the website stats page (mineplex.com/players), would it be possible to have a link to the forums profile of the user whose stats you're viewing? Sometimes I lose track of people's forums accounts, due to changing names, so if there was a link on the stats page of the website, where clicking it would lead you to the forum account of the user, life would be easier. Whatever forums account is linked to the player could just be brought up. Since you can access player stats from a person's forums profile, I don't see why it would be bad for the reverse to happen, and for you to see a person's forums profile from their player stats page.

I understand that this may not be a priority but I don't see much harm in this and it would be a nice QoL feature anyway.

Feel free to leave feedback and let me know what you guys think.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Danese, 510bike, Toxcity and 2 others like this.
  2. 100% This is actually very relatable! I have been looking at online stats and it seems like almost a different website because there is actually no link to go to the person's account. I would also like it if there were forum stats on that website too, for example, time on the forums, time since being linked, likes, posts and whatever else might be relevant (maybe some cool stats?)

An excellent point that I would definitely agree with, +1.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Im_Ken and saltyfishhy like this.
  3. I think this would definitely be a useful QoL update that would serve a good purpose. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can easily get a link to anyone's profile by scrolling down to the bottom of Mineplex's website, and click the button called "Members." This takes you to a section of the website where you can search for members of the forums.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    BreadIV and Im_Ken like this.
  4. To be completely honest, I always viewed the lack of this feature as a "bug." The "bug," I thought, was probably already known and, as such, I did not report it.
    Basically, what I am saying is that the feature you are describing, in my opinion, is something that so obviously should have already been implemented. So that's a big, fat +1 from me!

-Dan

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  5. Yo!
    I personally don't see an issue with adding this. I think it would also help keep everything organized since it would all be in one place, and you wouldn't have to keep switching tabs and remembering names n so forth.
    Also just a little PSA if you have any ideas for our next update being based around walls, make sure to comment them here -> https://www.mineplex.com/threads/next-forums-update-walls.87455/.

Anyways, keep up with the great ideas!

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Im_Ken and Danese like this.
  6. Nice idea!
    I definitely would like to see this added. I’ve searched up users on google before, but usually it’ll take me to their stats page instead of their actual profile page, which can be annoying. It would be nice to have a direct link on the stats page to the person’s profile page.

I don’t really see a harm in adding it either. I think it would make it more convenient for everyone. I hope to see it implemented in a QoL change!

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  7. Hey!
    You know, I was literally just about to make a thread like this! I always find it annoying when you want to find someone’s forum account, but it’s impossible to track it down through all of the posts. This would be awesome and it’s a +1 from me!

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    Im_Ken and Danese like this.
  8. Thanks for the idea!

Although, we are actually already planning on doing this for another update. Right now our main focus is walls/profiles, so of course this idea will come down the road when we're looking for the next project to do.

As tea said above, we are still looking for feedback on the next walls update. We'll be looking at all feedback for that each day and responding where need be.

Since we already plan on doing this for a future update, I'll lock this. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    510bike and Im_Ken like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.