• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3521 Players Online
  • 3521 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A way to get more players involved in Mineplex

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by BqbyOnBqby, Apr 21, 2021.

1. In the past, Mineplex has given away ranks via mythical chests. I have seen it happen a couple of times since I have been playing on the server, and when it does happen, I always try to open chests too in an attempt to get a rank. Something that might encourage more players to stay active on Mineplex was a chance to earn a free rank from chest rewards, or maybe a one month Immortal rank subscription. Upping the chances of receiving a rank doesn't cost Mineplex anything, and it could potentially help boost the server,

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Ducksicle and Paladise like this.
  2. Mineplex in its current state can and will only increase in player count through the spread in social media. As well as maintaining constant updates to the server itself. I believe Mineplex can reverse time and get back to its state in 2015/2016.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    90k, Idut and Pogchamp 300000 like this.
  3. The only way I see Mineplex having more players again is first of all, fixing the lag issues, then either making a really famous streamer/youtuber play the server regularly or a new gamemode somehow being very viral

Posted Apr 21, 2021
    Ducksicle, 90k, Paladise and 2 others like this.
  4. There's only so much Mineplex can do in regards to server and connection problems. Also, unless there is some sort of big incentive, getting a popular Youtuber or Influencer to advertise Mineplex is unlikely.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  5. Java will never get more players and hasn't since like 2016/2017 lmao. Free ranks won't do anything. The only way they can get more players is through advertisement, but we all know that they'll never do that. Plus why would new players like me want to go against all those losers who team and are just rude to low level players with no rank? You can't avoid these type of script kiddies at all

Posted Apr 22, 2021

6. The sad truth is that the higher ups propably dont want to do anything about the low player count. in our eyes its players, in their eyes its monitizing, and they're getting a good amountof money from ranks already, so i doubt they'll do anything.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Paladise and Mothy like this.
  7. U can't get more people in Java as it don't support Tauscher and most people play as Tlaunch3rnor other launchers as it is free and Java costs too much so u should do something that it supports in thirdparty launchers so u can get players

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  8. Well of course they don't care, why do you think they never ban immortals? Maybe cuz they're the ones keeping the server alive yet every single immortal pretty much cross-teams on at least nano games

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Paladise and Jet Starglaze like this.
  9. that's literally not gonna happen lol

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  10. Mineplex should make itself geared for new players as right now there is almost no appeal for new players to join and then start advertising through social media and content creators

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Mothy and Jet Starglaze like this.
  11. we keep suggesting ideas but the higher ups dont comment, or engage with the community in anyway, which is bad because they're the desicion makers, and change needs to start from them, and if they're not going to act on feedback or be transparant in anyway then nothing is going to change.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Midoriya, Paladise and StyxKiller03 like this.
  12. amen

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  13. Hey,

I'd tweak your idea a little bit and up the chances of getting a rank from Mythical chests during a holiday. If you were around for Halloween a few years ago when Titan came out, everyone was stocking up on chests hoping to get it. I believe the chances were much higher than they are now, even though it isn't public information. I'd like to see the increased probability come back for special occasions - it would be great combined with the traditional sales in the shop around the time.

As for introducing a way to get Immortal from treasure chests, it doesn't look like this will be implemented. I'm mainly thinking from a marketing perspective here because most of Mineplex's revenue comes from the renewed Immortal subscriptions on Java. If this was to be implemented in any way, shape, or form, it shouldn't be from Mythicals - even if the chances were low, any sort of chance would devalue Immortal as a subscription rank. Players with lots of chests (or with plenty of shards to buy them) would spend more time testing their luck than spending the money. The suggestion was first brought up and denied on this thread if you want to check it out.

In my opinion Mineplex should focus on meeting the needs of the community at present before moving onto attracting new players, development-wise. This means rolling out long-awaited updates (SSM has been waiting for years now) and continuing to fix bugs, along with some miscellaneous things like improving the /report system - another hot topic these days. Only then would I invest in new games and features. The Java player count is roughly stable, and working on what we already have on Mineplex would further help to ensure the current players stick around. That allows the devs to take as much time as they need to bring in new content without having to worry about losing lots of players in the meantime.

Now I'm not Leadership/Production and I'm not trying to sound like I know more than them. The thing is I don't know what their plans are behind the scenes, so all I can do is talk about what I think would be the ideal scenario. Things could easily go a completely different direction, or we could have something sprung upon us no one anticipated. Anything can happen, that's been proven in the past.

Outside of development, I would love to see more in the way of marketing, advertising, social media and whatnot. Unfortunately any potential project - including anything to do with the MineplexGames YT channel, in case anyone was planning on bringing that up - would be under NDA. I never really bother digging deeper into that whole area, because we can't and won't know about it. But remember that also means we can't assume there's nothing being done, as we're not there behind the curtain to prove it. For the sole purpose of being optimistic, it's better to tell yourself there could just as easily be something in the works rather than looking at the glass half-empty.

I miss when the owners would interact with the community in the way they used to. It's not something I expect from them though, and I feel like it wouldn't be my place to expect it. Their responsibilities lie externally with Mineplex as a business. It's just that in earlier years, the owners set a precedent for being involved with the community and naturally players were upset when they didn't keep that up. Sadly the owner who did that the most has been gone for quite some time now.

Technically change starts as soon as feedback is provided. There's a whole process involved, but I'll fast forward a little bit to when a feedback report document has been formulated by CCO and CoM. This is published for the community to access and also forwarded to Production (higherups). The same goes for ideas and suggestions except it's an "update-proposal" document that's forwarded. Your point about transparency makes a lot of sense; CoM are doing everything in their power to improve it in general but unfortunately they can't do it for the higherups unless they decide to do so themselves. I'm just reassuring you that ideas/feedback does eventually reach the higherups, despite how it's done. Personally I would love to know more about what happens after that stage, but again - down to them.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  14. I definitely agree with this. I genuinely believe that if Mineplex were to have more activity on the rest of their social media such as their YouTube channel, and their Twitch channel they'd definitely pique the interest of new players and they would definitely gain more people. Of course, this hasn't been done and there hasn't been a YouTube video on their channel in about two to three years but I'm sure that could easily change. Otherwise, I think that they're doing pretty well trying to gain players and thus far the updates they've done have been pretty cool and interesting.

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    MrPatri0t likes this.
  15. Well I wouldn't say they're doing well when every new player is driven away from the server within an hour. The server is littered with toxic little kids that all have cool shiny ranks and cross-team against new players

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  16. this should be mineplex description lol , the cross teaming is bad and everyone and their grandma has a rank lol

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Mothy likes this.