• 4257 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13597 Players Online
  • 9340 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion A way to make getting hunter wins more fair

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Aleeknossv, Feb 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Basically, make it so you get the hunter win if you start off as hider and then die, or disconnect and then reconnect, before hunters are released and you queued for hunter before the game starts. The only exception being if you are killed by a hunter before hunters are released. Also make the rewards for an average win for both teams relatively close as to not encourage people to favor one team significantly more. These alterations will allow any player who actually wants to hunt to have a fair chance to get the hunter win even if they didn't make it onto the initial queue while still allowing a fair balance between encouragement for playing as a hider, or a hunter.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    FluteVegetables and mab8400 like this.
  2. Great idea Kobra, I really believe hiding is just too easy most of the time. I think a buff is needed for the Taser kit (like a really big buff) so that people actually have an incentive to use it. Shocking/Instant hider can be seen as OP and maybe be nerfed a small amount. Sometimes I see people in the chat saying "hunters lowkey suck" or "this is too easy I am just gonna run around" or "where are the hunters??? im bored!!". It isn't unrealistic to get 100+ wins per week without even really trying. I've seen people get 80 wins in less than two days which is absolutely ridiculous considering the best LEGIT hunters don't even get half that.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  3. I believe that doing this to get Hunter is against the rules due to the 2nd/3rd place bug.

Making the queue not rely on UUID and making kit selection only set default kit in the lobby would be a better alternative due to each player having an equal chance of getting hunter when they are queued and due to making it less likely to unintentionally queue for Hunter. (This could also be implemented in a way where it functions as an actual "queue" rather than a % chance to be on the team.)

I do not think many people consider the rewards when picking a team, but see no reason not to implement this for newer players that care about gems.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
    Mr_Ant87 likes this.
  4. Actually, I am pretty sure due to the bug, this won't be a problem since I am pretty sure it only affects those who have started as hunter/got the queue.

Also, seems kinda, for a lack of a better word, pathetic that Mineplex hasn't fixed this bug since it can lead to players breaking the rules, unknowingly and unintentionally since they might crash or something.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 19, 2020
  5. I can't tell if what mab8400 posted is sarcastic or not. A problem I see with this is everyone could queue hunter, then purposefully die fast, and easily stack hunter wins. There are often times parties that team and do questionable stuff, what I said could be exploited.

Posted Feb 19, 2020
  6. It wasn't sarcastic and I am really confused why both staff and others think I am being sarcastic when I make a statement. I seriously believe hiding is too easy and this is a good idea to balance out the game. I've gotten 500+ wins the past month or so and it took me over 3 months to get that many hunter wins. Hiding is just too easy as it is right now.

Posted Feb 19, 2020