• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10625 Players Online
  • 7735 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

A weird story

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by mean guys are smelly, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So one time I was spectating a block hunt game, and then I was like to myself 'why don't you ghost, IDK why, but do it for fun' so I did

Later I learned ghosting was punishable and a sev 1 offence, a MOD was there when I was ghosting

That was the first time I ghosted so I should have got a warning, but I got muted even though that was the first time I did it

If you have any weird Mineplex stories you want to share feel free to do so :)

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Infui, Nectarqenni and afterfive like this.
  2. Hey,

I'd like to chime in quickly and let you know that this isn't normal and shouldn't be happening. A capable staff member issuing your punishment would check your punishment history to see if you have any warnings for Ghosting within the last 30 days before muting for it. If there was no record of you Ghosting within the last 30 days, then you should just have been given a warning. If you ever encounter a similar situation where you know the incorrect procedure was followed, and you were punished wrongly, feel free to appeal it as an unjustified (unfair) punishment @ mineplex.com/appeals. It would be marked as an unfair punishment if it was and it would not count towards your total number of appeals for justified punishments. If you're unsure whether it's unfair or not, remember you can always ask a staff member to look into it and they'll take it from there, but there's no harm in appealing if you do think it was a mistake.

In the future, I'd refrain from Ghosting in Solo gamemodes like Block Hunt as it can ruin the game for alive players. Aside from that though, I'm looking forward to reading other players' funny stories should more people reply to the thread!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Paladise and Polar8 like this.
  3. That happened looooooooong time ago, my mute its now expired

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 31, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  4. Yeah, as Caleb said you could've always appealed the false punishment at mineplex.com/appeals.

You know we all sometimes don't make smart decisions, so I get why you wanted to ghost. Hopefully you won't ghost anymore though, as it's punishable.

But for real, staff make mistakes just like any other human being, hopefully you know we're human. Well I am happy you learned that ghosting is punishable and it can frustrate players.

Thank you for sharing, hopefully you won't deal with these types of mistakes any longer.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  5. Heyo!

I'm a little bit late to this thread, but I would like to give some of my input as well :D

As Caleb said, if you ever feel you have a false punishment, such as this one, you can appeal it at https://www.mineplex.com/appeals. From here on out, try and refrain from ghosting in games such as Block Hunt, Wither Assault, Cake Wars, Survival Games, Skywars, and Minestrike as ghosting is prohibited in all of these games. You definitely should've received a warning before the punishment, and if something like this happens again feel free to make an appeal :D If you ever have any questions you can always DM me on Discord, which is on my forums page. Hope this helped!

Posted Aug 4, 2020
    • Necro Posting
    bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  6. I'm not going to say anything about the appeals as others have above since (as you said)
    It shouldn't really be weird since if this happened a long time ago it is probably when a severity one gameplay trolling punishment wouldn't require a warning if it happened a few years ago if I remember the rules back then correctly.

Other then that ghosting can only be punished in the following game modes (just for future reference) and can't be issued in an MPS [Mineplex Personal Server] or MCS [Mineplex Community Server] or MES [Mineplex Event Server];
    - Skywars
    - Bridges
    - Minestrike
    - Survival Games
    - Wither Assault
    - Block Hunt
    - Cake Wars

Overall it really doesn't sound like a weird story in my opinion since it just sounds like you weren't aware of the rules back then and you made a conscious thought and went through with it without knowing the consequences.

Please be sure to keep up to date with the rules on the following sub-links
    Overall
    Website
    Forums
    In-game

Kind regards
    - Sake

Posted Sep 11, 2020
    LittleOrangey likes this.
  7. This happenedd earlier this year

OP OP
  8. If this happened earlier this year, then why are you posting it? If it’s expired already than what’s the problem?

EDIT:

LOL u evened bumped it? Why?

Posted Sep 11, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 11, 2020
    ✨Aƚʅαɳɳαƈ✨ and GAM like this.
  9. Cuz i can

OP OP
  10. One funny story was about getting my post deleted with no warning because it showed Mineplex in a bad light. Gotta love censorship folks.

Posted Sep 11, 2020
  11. Ok well I will not question you no more, I just dislike your reasoning of posting this :P.

Posted Sep 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.