• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8528 Players Online
  • 5638 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Ability To Earn Rewards In MPS

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Mathuu, May 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Mineplex Community!

It has come to my attention that Mineplex Player Servers (MPS) do not give out rewards. I feel that this should be change, with limitations of course.

I feel that the rewards should be halved, or just earn a third or fourth of the actual rewards you would get in a normal game. I will place the limitations below. This could be sort of like an amplifier, or an xp booster, that can be earned from Monthly Rewards, or purchased on the store.

LIMITATIONS

- Only available for Immortal (or Eternal).

- Depending on what game you are playing, you will only be able to get the rewards if you have enough people to start the game, like an actual game.

- You will not be able to receive rewards if the game is finished too quickly than its normal time limit.

These are the limitations I have thought of so far. I understand that this may be a bit broken and OP to have, and that players would abuse it. That is where I would like to enlist the help of the community. Please feel free to add on anything you would like to this idea, and please comment what your thoughts on the idea are. Stay safe!

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton, Danese and Venez like this.
  2. This is kind of pay to win which would break EULA. And this would be easy to get more rewards as you could just be in a 2 person MPS.

Posted May 29, 2020
  3. This is true. Also, as I have said above, in order for the game to start, it must have its usual player count to start up. i.e. 6 players to start Speed Builders.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
    Venez likes this.
  4. Didn't see that bit.

But Mineplex wont accept anything that will break the EULA

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and Mathuu like this.
  5. As I said, it was just a suggestion. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 29, 2020
    Venez likes this.
  6. To be honest this would give players an advantage to get all of their achievements done because they could get alts or friends in the mps to make it easy to get the achievements so I believe this shouldn't be added

Posted May 29, 2020
  7. I've actually been looking forward for a way to receive some type of reward from MPS in the future. I've seen this idea suggested in the past, and while there are reasons why it hasn't been added, I think with the right modifications this could work. I just have a few questions regarding your idea:
    • What do you mean by only available to Eternals/Immortals? Will you need that rank to compete in the MPS for rewards or to start an MPS with rewards?
    • The whole idea centers around giving some type of reward to players. Would you consider XP to be a reward in this?
    • Is there a specific time frame that a game must be played? It's also important to keep in mind the amount of games Mineplex has to offer, as well as which games have shorter/longer playing times.
    • Will players be able to earn achievements in MPS?
    I do remember reading a suggestion regarding this a while back, and I'll leave a link to it here. To paraphrase, the OP suggested a system in which players would have to pay gems to participate. I think including something similar in your idea would be a bit more functional, and less likely to be abused. Regardless, just an idea so take it as you will.

Overall I like you idea, and I'm glad to see that you took a ton of time to help balance this idea from regular games. I also like it for the sheer fact that this could give players the opportunity to play some of their old favorite games that have been removed, but still receive rewards for them. I still think there are a few issues with your suggestion, but with some modifications this could be ideally balanced. It's important that if this feature were to be added, it remains balanced from the actual game modes to prevent players from only playing in MPS. You did a great job explaining the idea and coming up with some basic features. +0.5

Posted May 29, 2020,
    Last edited May 30, 2020
  8. Hey!
    I personally would love for this to be implemented because I love playing MPS with my friends. At first when I saw this idea I was very unsure about it because giving players rewards in MPS could be unfair and advantage. However, after reading through your limitations you added, I think this might be able to work. I defiantly think this feature should only be allowed for ranks like eternal and immortal like you said because it would be a cool feature and would market the rank even better. I also think that it’s very important for the game to have the max amount of players it would in a normal game because for example, players could play a solo cake wars game which isn’t fair at all compared to a normal game. I also like how the game's will have to be a certain length so teams don't throw the game. My only adjustment to this I would have is to make it so it only gives you exp, shards, and gems (that's what I think of as rewards). I don’t think it would be fair if it counted towards stats and achievements because you are most likely playing with your friends and what if they let you do certain things to get certain achievements for the frosting kit for example. It would just be cheating regular players out or ones with lower ranks. Overall, if these adjustments are included, I think this could be a really fun and cool idea. I also think this could potentially boost sales in ranks as well.

+1 idea with adjustments

Posted May 29, 2020
  9. I disagree. MPS should not count towards anything. As it has been said, it technically does break the End User License Agreement. It just is not feasible, and would not be fair in any way. -1

Posted May 29, 2020
  10. I believe that no matter the limitations you put on it, it will always be taken advantage of. I simply do not believe it's possible to find a "fair" way to implement rewards into an MPS.

Posted May 30, 2020
  11. I'm going to have to disagree with this suggestion, as much as you've done a good job setting it out and explaining how it would work, I don't see it as something that should be changed. I'm really happy you've thought of some limitations, and I actually found the one about cutting rewards to halves or quarters quite interesting, but I still am not convinced on having this implemented. Here's why:

MPSs have always been a fun place for some friends to hang out and play around, not meant for grinding games unless you're practising something of course. It's not that you can't grind games in there, but that's more for public games if you're trying to improve your stats and level up. Rules that are altered in MPSs such as teaming not being punishable are partially because of stats and rewards not being granted in MPSs. This means that if there are people teaming in your MPS, it's not really going to negatively effect your stats or your rewards, so it's not negative or bad for you.

Along with this, people could then get friends to come and easily help them level up since it's just them in the game. That would bring up the discussion around how much rewards would be given out. I wouldn't be wanting two friends in an MPS letting one kill the other and the rewards being massively high because then they can just go from Level 1 -> 100 really fast, faster than public games which would make normal games pointless if you're purely trying to level up. I am glad you've thought about this with reduced rewards, but along with the other reasons, I'm not 100% sure about having this implemented. MPSs have always been that place where you can test things, play alone, have some fun with friends, and things like that. If you're very keen on getting rewards, public games are probably a better option. That's just my opinion though, nice job with making this thread and considering multiple factors for this proposed change!

Posted May 30, 2020
  12. Yo!

This shouldn't be added. Even with limitations this would be very broken! People can work together to easily gain experience, it's basically like a custom lobby from Call of Duty or Fortnite but you actually gain experience and other rewards. MPS is meant for fun and should stay how it is based off of rewards, no matter what limitations are included! Though I disagree, thanks for the idea!

Posted May 30, 2020
    Johnny Welamton, Mathuu and Venez like this.
  13. I think you could make this work with restrictions. It would have to be available to all players to comply with the EULA and achievements would obviously have to be disabled, but I don’t see harm in implementing limited shard and gem rewards (could be based on time played instead of stats to be just). I think this has potential.

Posted May 30, 2020
  14. Hey!

I can see where this is coming from (believe me, I can :P ). Within our CS MPS servers, we usually encounter quite a number of players joining wondering if things such as achievement kits can still be obtained despite playing on an MPS.

There are many ways that I can see players abusing this sort of system. For instance, if implemented, how would missions work out? What about win farming or farming kills, whether it be for your /stats or simply for those more difficult title tracks? (I'm looking at you, peaceful title track!!!)

That said, I feel like there are a few instances where actually allowing players to earn at least a few statistic-based "stuff" could, potentially, really help out the community.

For instance, what if you wanted to gain those achievement kits for games like CS, which are (currently) removed from the live network?

The only hindrance I can see towards this type of concept is simply how it is done. Would earning these achievements still grant you those gem or XP rewards? If so, is that an EULA violation? How would that affect players who earned those achievements/kits while playing these games when they were still live on the Network? And of course, how could players abuse this system? And, when preventing user-based abuse, would that result in these ideas basically becoming useless?

If the required number of players for an MPS to allow for stats to be gained is based on the given games' original base player count, how would that affect this idea? Not to mention, for games such as CS, running an MPS lobby with over 50 players [50 players was the base starting point for the game before its 2018 YEETance] results in substantial MPS server lag. Simply spawning 50+ players into one map, in some cases half or more of which are distributed between one or two chunks, is simply a recipe for lag, no matter how or where the server gets run from.

Basically, I like this concept. The only problems I have are the ways in which this concept could possibly become implemented. That, in its own right, warrants an entirely new discussion.

-Dan <3

Posted May 31, 2020
    Johnny Welamton and oBasically like this.
  15. Hey there,

I commend you for taking the time to think this suggestion through and present your idea here on the forums. Unfortunately, we will not be accepting this at this time.

Firstly, if you wish to see another thread of a similar idea that was posted on here last year, you can check that out here.

I understand where you are coming from. It makes sense that some players may feel that they should earn rewards for playing games even when they aren't in a public server lobby, but there are cons to this that are too strong for this to be considered. Firstly, the issue of stat boosting that would come with this. I know you have made some points to try and challenge this, such as reducing the amount of experience rewarded, but even with a reduced amount and the limitation on a minimum amount of players required to be there, there would still be ways to easily stat boost, such as using alternate accounts and making it a private MPS, collecting a bunch of friends to help you out, etc.

Next, to address the suggestion of making this perk also be only an Immortal/Eternal thing. I would definitely consider this a Pay-To-Win scenario, and I'm sure others would too. Giving high ranks the ability to earn experience from a lobby that isn't an official public lobby would give a huge advantage to those players and would ultimately cause backlash from a large amount of the community (and could possibly be violating the EULA, though I won't 100% say this because I myself am not too knowledgeable on how EULA works).

Also, to address the point of only receiving rewards if a normal time limit is met. This wouldn't work due to there not really being a specific time period for a game mode. We have rough guesstimates that some people may go by when giving an average play time per game mode, but there isn't a set-in-stone time that we could choose for some games. Adding on to that, this could still be bypassed with ease by having the afk players just sit in the lobby for the estimated time before ending the game. Sure, a bit more time could be lost for the stat boosters, but I doubt it would effect their efforts all that much.

So, to wrap up my thoughts, I thank you for taking the time to suggest the idea, but I'll be denying it and marking it as Not Planned due to the reasons I have stated. I'll also be locking the thread, so if you have any concerns feel free to send me a private message here on the forums. Thanks again, and have a good day!

~ Tilgorn
    Thread Locked // Idea Not Planned

Posted May 31, 2020
    Mathuu and Venez like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.