• 669 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7174 Players Online
  • 6505 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ability to Edit your own map submissions

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by PineapplePepsi, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Hey, let's just say you submitted a map, after a few hours passes, you decide to check on it for some reason, "Wow! I just missed a datapoint, I want to edit my map submission so I can fix it, and send the correct world/images!" I don't really want to annoy build leads/builders to cancel my map sub just coz I accidentally caused a major problem in the map and didn't notice/the thing didn't inform me. Dunno if this suggestion is even possible but I'll take the yolo

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  2. I don't see a reason not to do this. +1

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  3. I am not the most familiar with the map submissions process but I like the idea overall. Maybe if there is a change posted once the map submissions team has begun reviewing and you can no longer make changes. But if it hasn't been reviewed yet I see no issues with this.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  4. Hi!

As whalker said, if there has not been any builder who has reviewed the map yet, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to quickly edit something. However, one thing to note, if the map is put into testing, sometimes the MapLead will manually fix small things and then provide the person who submitted the map with feedback for the fixes. On the other hand, you can always message a person on the map submissions team to go ahead and cancel the submission so you can do your changes and resubmit them. Overall I would say I'm neutral on this idea.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  5. You could leave a comment with the new download. The thread is still open at that point yes?

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  6. I cannot recall but I am pretty sure it doesn't let you post on the thread or edit your response, due to insufficient permissions.

You'd have to DM a Map submissions team member to have them add it.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  7. Ok, then it would be best to message one of us. In terms of the idea, though, I would support it to get around this.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    whalker likes this.
  8. I totally would like this. I've done stuff like this in the past. like giving the incorrect download link to my map ;-; so +1 to this, it'd make everyone's lives much better.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    ClubRulez likes this.
  9. Talked to Intox about this-
    Likely won't be allowing people to have an edit button for their post, as when that happens, they can edit literally anything on the post (including the questions. Why? because it's just a normal forum thread). Intox instead said he will talk to Dutty about allowing people to respond/comment on their submissions though.

So that's where this suggestion is at currently.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  10. Hey,
    If the change is minor, such as a missing datapoint, you can reupload your file with mediafire and have the generated link be unchanged.
    Aside from that, I don't know why comments on map submission applications are disabled. They were never disabled on Enjin and, in all honesty, I thought this was a bug when I first saw this issue... back in 2018.
    Hypothetically speaking, the change shouldn't be too difficult to impliment. A website developer, like Wanderer, should just need to update player permission nodes to have commenting permissions on applications. This will not allow users to comment on applications that are not their own as the permission nodes for viewing different applications would remain the same.
    -Dan

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Fusafez and ARareBlackBear like this.
  11. I'm pretty sure that tiny little errors like a missed data point can be corrected by Builders if they are interested in the map, however I still know there can be issues sometimes with the submission that could be fixed and having to cancel your entire sub just to report it is a hassle.

Personally I would just message a map subs member as Phoenix said above but I don't see the harm in giving permissions to OPs to comment under their thread to mention anything they didn't see before. On the other hand, though, you should really double or even triple check your map just before submitting making sure everything is there. It is your responsibility and every other application/report/etc doesn't allow you to edit your original thread, so why should this?

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  12. No, It says "You don't have permissions to reply here"

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 13, 2021
  13. You can double, triple check your map you can always make mistakes... If you do make such a simple mistake it just makes the map submissions process longer and harder for all parties involved. This would greatly help the map creator if they made an accident... This could include literally anything, like misspelling the map creator names, map download, link the wrong Imgur album, etc. People do be human and make mistakes so this really would be useful to correct the mistakes. It wouldn't hurt to allow it.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    Fusafez and ClubRulez like this.
  14. I feel like this is good but I think it should be a 1 time per submission. Let's say you've submitted a map and have to do this 3 or more times. Most likely the map will have other issues. I do think it would be nice to mayba have 1 change before denied/testing phase.

Posted Apr 14, 2021
    PineapplePepsi likes this.