• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

About the "Sugar Rush" map

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by Thenorn, Sep 1, 2019.

?

What is your opinion on the "Sugar Rush" map?

1. I like this map, it should not be removed.

50.0%
  2. I'm neutral.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't like this map, it should be removed.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. After playing numerous games of Draw My Thing with the map "Sugar Rush" by xLeopard, I've come across a problem that has been bugging me a lot recently. The map is very bright overall, and the pink-tinted white floor doesn't help at all. Aside from the problem of simply being too bright, it is also very difficult to see the hints due to the bright background - the only way to prevent it is to set the brightness on "moody".

With that being said, I have created this thread to gather opinions from others who have played on this map.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  2. I will talk to Leopard about this. It will most likely be changed but I'll update you soon! Thanks!

Posted Sep 1, 2019
    Thenorn and EwMikey like this.
  3. Herro!

I 100% agree, this map is insanely bright, and while I like the theme and idea, it hurts my eyes, and also can make the hint actionbar impossible to see. Maybe the map could be remade to have a darker, more chocolatey theme?

Thanks for your suggestion, and thanks PyxllCreates for a quick response! I give this a +1 due to the reasons stated above.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  4. As someone who has an incredibly dark aura (if what other people say is to be believed about me), I already don't like the sound of this map. I don't reckon I've ever played on it, but those bright maps usually leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Something about being literally too happy really ruins the mood for me.

Posted Sep 1, 2019
  5. I am not sure if the map can be redesigned to solve the problem, but at least the floor could be a little darker. I also agree that it's not a bad map by any means, it's just that its color palette is too bright considering that the board is also white.

And thank you @PyxllCreates for the reply!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 2, 2019
  6. Little update for you guys. The floor of the map will be changed. However, the bright colors will not. If the colors were to be edited, it would take away from the originality of the map and wouldn’t make too much sense. Thanks!

Posted Sep 2, 2019
    Thenorn, n8wes and BasicT like this.
  7. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We obviously don’t want maps that make the game too difficult or unappealing to play. Seeing as this was an issue for you, and I would imagine other players as well, it would be addressed quickly. Luckily, PyxllCreates looked into it for you and the map should receive an update soon. Here is his reply, as it does contain a little more information.

Thread Locked.

Posted Sep 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.