• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10839 Players Online
  • 7949 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

acacia house

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by ScarletBlood37, May 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I built this acacia house a few days ago in a server. It took about an hour and a half (mainly spent on the roof of the third floor) but yeah, I finally finished it even after thinking at least 5 times to discontinue construction and just create the roof on the second floor. However, i saw something online about making a half roof half balcony floor and decided to try that on the third floor.
    I took inspiration for this build from one of my friends @ExplosiveTNT. He's great at building houses and once built a house VERY similar to this in a realm last summer that I was a part of. Someone burned down his house and I decided to surprise him and rebuild it from scratch- which took me at least 3 hours but it paid off in the end. The most similar part is the design on the second floor with the wood and fences. I think @WinteryOsprey38 might remember that house xD she can definitely vouch for me that it was an amazing build that he made.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

any feedback criticism anything is appreciated :)

Posted May 4, 2020,
    Last edited May 4, 2020
  2. I like the exterior and the acacia wood I really like the colors. Although it seems the interior needs some interior design done to it. But I realize you're probably still working on it. Really nice though!

-Bear

Posted May 4, 2020
    InfiniteLag and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  3. O MY GOODNESS!!! amazing build! I can't believe you remade that! I would argue that you outdid me by a mile on the design XD. Thank you so much! I couldn't have thought of a nicer surprise.

Posted May 23, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  4. I particulary like the design for the 3rd floor, but everything else is nice too. That's exactly what kinda house I would try to build on a survival world. A cool house to live in, but made out of resources that are easy to obtain. Well done!

Posted May 24, 2020
  5. Hey!

Recently, I saw your thread on your lobby builds, so I was quite excited to see this build! As for the build itself, I think it looks really good! I honestly love the concept of having two different parts to the roof, one with a slant, and one is just flat, which I think gives it lot's of character. Also, I like the idea of using fences too, it makes the build look even better! Overall, a great build, keep up the great work!

Posted May 24, 2020
    InfiniteLag and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  6. Hi!
    I really like this house, it was impressive to me that something looked good with Acacia as the main theme... I love how it all fits together, nothing seems out of place, and I love the details on the walls and roof. I don't have any feedback except for some interior design, but I don't think that was the goal of this build quite yet. Also, I really like the look of the second floor, I think you could do a lot with it. I also really liked the Lobby Builds thread, so it's nice to see more builds.

Posted May 24, 2020
  7. One thing this house desperately needs though is depth. As apart from those stairs it is all just 1 flat face. Maybe go a little easier on the torches and find a creative way of ighting, like maybe a hanging light, self made design. And then I agree with maybe add a little interior on some of the floors.

Posted May 30, 2020
  8. Although my opinion is likely biased, acacia wood is not my favourite and I guess that takes alot of the good stuff away from the house *in my opinion*. Though I like people who stray away from cliches and the design is pretty decent, so I do still like the build. Hope to see what else you come up with!

Posted May 31, 2020
  9. Great build @ScarletBlood37!! Acacia wood, in my opinion takes a lot of effort to make it look good. The block has a very strong color but you did a great job on the house!! I mainly build modern or futuristic builds but I like this one.

Posted May 31, 2020
  10. Make the roof have a frame of maybe cobblestone or something that compliments it and give it an overhang on all sides too.
    [​IMG]
    like this^
    Also bring the frame of the acacia logs out one from the actual wall

Posted May 31, 2020,
    Last edited May 31, 2020
  11. As most people said, adding depth to the build would make it stand out, especially with a block that complements the texture of acacia wood. Acacia, however, is a tricky block to sit with another so good job on the house that you made. Maybe also try adding different shapes and textures to the walls of the house to make it different from a regular box-shaped structure.

Posted May 31, 2020
  12. Hey!
    I always love seeing your builds but this one in particular really intrigues me because I love building houses when in creative mode! I really love everything about this build, the style of it is really unique and country like. My only suggestions for this would be to add more detail because right now it just seems like acadia wood, very orange. I think if you added some darker blocks it would compliment it very well along with more decorations.

Posted May 31, 2020
  13. Yo Scar!

While the Acacia wood and blocks aren't usually my favorite, this really turned out great! The detail you used from just the wood blocks alone look awesome!! I really love the shape and layout of the house, it's a little different and unique. What makes it unique has to be the roof. It's got like a half and half kind of thing going on which looks very nice. Additionally, the terrain under your house looks very lovely. The choice of blocks really fits in well with your bed. Overall, a very nice job and I hope to see more builds in the future!!

Posted Jun 3, 2020