• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Access to the Old Forums + Appeals Update!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by BlueBeetleHD, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BlueBeetleHD

BlueBeetleHD

Hello everyone!

With the New Year, we have some new exciting news to bring to you from the forums team. While we are busy working on the website, we haven't forgot about the old forums and all the amazing content that you all have posted on it. A lot of you have spent many hours writing amazing guides, idea suggestions, even stories and unfortunately all those works were locked behind the old forums while we moved forward with the website release.

From January 7 to January 21, we will re-enable viewing access for the old forums. During this time, you can review all your old posts and decide if you want to give any of your old contents a new home! If you would like to keep all the BBCodes from the post, just ask one of the forums staff members to get that for you.

You can access the old forums here: https://enjin.mineplex.com/forums

In addition, we will also be granting another appeal chance to players if they were permanently banned or muted. This is mostly targeted for players who were permanently banned due to compromised account or inappropriate names and skins. But if you were permanently banned due to hacking, you are also welcome to submit another appeal and we will be reviewing it on a case to case basis.

In order to be eligible for this offer, the Minecraft account that you are appealing for must be currently banned or muted permanently for a justified punishment and that the account has already been unpunished twice for justified punishments.

You can read more about this in the Appeal FAQ here: https://www.mineplex.com/appeal-guide/

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  2. Sven

Sven

Thank you @BlueBeetleHD for this update. I know there are several people who will be happy to be able to go through their old forum posts and to not only relish in the past, but as well transfer ideas to this new platform.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    Lesot likes this.
  3. FabianTuck

FabianTuck

:happyt3:

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    Wanderer likes this.
  4. Lesot

Lesot

Exited to go back to the old forums and see all the threads plus being able to remember old times!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  5. Pancake_7

Pancake_7

Really excited for this! Can't wait to retrieve some posts I've been planning to, and perhaps just browse! It's great to see permanently banned/muted players given a chance, as some of them probably regret their old actions and hope to restart their career on MP! Thanks for this!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  6. SomeRqndomName

SomeRqndomName

Great to hear Blue, can't wait to see all my... 1000 posts, wow that's a throwback! Wanting some of those old ideas back!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  7. taylurr

taylurr

:oo fancyy

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  8. Nicodami

Nicodami

Cool stuff!
    Btw this appeal stuff is way more clever than last year’s big unban, as you can filter through people that actually wanna come back for good reasons from all the previously banned alts...

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    coralines likes this.
  9. BaconAnEggs

BaconAnEggs

Hey!
    This is great! I love being able to view my old posts, get some new ideas, look at some old ones. Thanks for this amazing opportunity! I also like that you're giving players another chance, that's always great to see! Thanks for the update Blue!
    -
    Have a great day/night!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    taylurr likes this.
  10. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Is there a reason we can only access enjin for a limited time? It's great and all, but it'd still be nice if it was permanent so we can continue to keeping pulling old ideas / threads from the website or look back on them.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    Dva, leo_thya and Sophie_OGrady like this.
  11. xUmbrella

xUmbrella

I think that it's great that people are now able to retrieve their old forum posts, and I think I'll enjoy some of my older ones that I made even before I was a staff member. I can't wait to see what kinds of threads are being brought back!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    Danilo likes this.
  12. leo_thya

leo_thya

There was never a reason to begin with really. You could still ask EmmaLie for threads on the old forums after it was archived so why can’t they make it easier and let us do it ourselves.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  13. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

She could only access the Ideas section of the old forums.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  14. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

I'd really have to agree with @Vocaloiid here in being disappointed that users aren't able to view the old forums permanently.

Considering you are able to do it for a temporary amount of time, I don't see the harm in allowing users to permanently. I find when browsing the forums there are multiple occasions I see something and wish to reference something from the old forums, such as responses to an idea, 'popular/official' posts on topics, etc. Having the ability to go back and find posts such as these when we'd like to reference them is something which would be incredibly useful and also have no adverse effects.

I'm sure it'd be appreciated if allowing users to view an archive of the old forums permanently would be considered, and at the very least, an explanation be provided behind making it only viewable temporarily.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    Vocaloiid, Kisme and Dva like this.
  15. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I am so glad that this will give the forum users an opportunity to retrieve their previous threads on the old forums. That way, users can able to either re-create the thread or make few changes and published their new thread. I love to look at all of my old posts on the forums which it brings back the nostalgia back 4 years ago or so. I am so glad that I can able to browse some of these old threads there!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    taylurr and Kisme like this.
  16. Tea

Tea

Heya!

It's great to see old forums, especially since I wasn't active on them. But I'll have to ask the same question that was already asked from above, why isn't it permanent? Is it because the threads are too old or something like that? Just curious because there's a lot to read on them, and to be honest I haven't even started yet!
    If the old forum doesn't get permanently open, I hope to see a similar event in the future!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  17. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hey,

It is great to see that players will be able to retrieve their threads, I know a lot of people had threads they worked hard on that they would like to retrieve. Additionally,I wish everyone who is now going to appeal once again luck with their appeal.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  18. JMPhase

JMPhase

Like some people above said can't you just leave it open forever? So many memories/nostalgia on there

Posted Jan 10, 2019 at 8:29 AM