• 1415 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9853 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Add a command to view your chatsnap codes

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jacob1Jacob1, May 14, 2019.

1. Recently, I have been using the chatsnap command a lot lately, and it can be annoying to use when you cant view your codes. Like when you use /chatsnap command, the code will be there for only so long until the chat scrolls so fast you don't even have time to write it down. A simple command to fix this would be /chatsnap view and would see all the codes. This would be reporting a lot easier because I found rule breakers that were unable to report cus I didn't know the codes. Please make this happen!

Posted May 14, 2019
    Nicodami likes this.
  2. There is a command for this, although I am currently blanking on it, I believe it may be /viewchatsnap. Also when you take a chatsnap you should be able to click in chat to view previous ones. Or you may view your browser history and find previous ones.

In the case there are already ways, -1

Posted May 14, 2019
    Nicodami likes this.
  3. Actually, this isn't necessary, considering this:
    You don't have to write down your chatsnap codes, you can just click on the code and then go directly into your browser. If you want to keep the logs, I would recommend you bookmark the page (or "Favorite" if you use Microsoft Edge).

Posted May 14, 2019
  4. Hey!

Thanks for suggesting this idea!

At the moment, there is already a way to check your chatsnaps! Typing /viewchatsnap in chat will open a GUI which enables you to check out your previous chatsnaps. Shift + right clicking on an old chatsnap allows you to delete it, while left clicking one prints the corresponding chatsnap token in chat. Moreover, if you click on that token in chat, you are able to open or copy directly the link to the site where the chatsnap is hosted, which is super convenient as you can directly paste it in your report!

As your idea is already implemented, I’ll process the thread! Feel free to message me if you have any questions! :)

Nicodami

Posted May 14, 2019
    [Away] Tours and RedditCredit like this.
  5. I never tried out my chatsnap report the first time, but I think that it will take an extra step in writing the code down. It is easier to find all of your chatsnap report by typing /viewchatsnap command. You can still find that token as well, and you can able to open it too. Like @Nicodami has mentioned that you can copy the link directly to the site which is the URL bar.

Overall, that is still a great idea what you have, but I don't think it should be prioritized to implement the chatsnap feature.

Posted May 15, 2019
    doeo likes this.