• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7544 Players Online
  • 4654 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Add all java skywars maps to bedrock edition

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by swimfan72, May 5, 2019.

1. Adding all java skywars maps to bedrock edition would be a fresh addition. All the skywars maps on bedrock edition get boring because there are only 4 in total and 2 of them are practically the same.
    What do you guys think?

Posted May 5, 2019
    ohrangee567 likes this.
  2. KEWL

Posted May 5, 2019
  3. I don’t know if this is possible due to different coding..? But if it is possible, +1

Posted May 5, 2019
    Strafer303 likes this.
  4. There’s one thing that irritates me though, a lot of people exploit diamonds on certain maps and even if there’s just one diamond ore, dupers could make loads of them

Posted May 5, 2019
    ohrangee567 likes this.
  5. I doubt it would have anything to do with the server code, as all they would have to do is use a world edit sort of tool and port over all the blocks of the map on to bedrock. Most likely the only programming the devs would have to do is put in the maps spawn points and zombie spawn points along with putting the new maps in whatever script they use to decide the map.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah, however on Java edition I am pretty sure there are not any maps where you have diamonds available to mine/dupe.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2019
    Strafer303 and Acerna like this.
  6. I agree this should be added, but ores shouldn't go all the way to diamond, maybe iron at most.

Posted May 5, 2019
    swimfan72 and Strafer303 like this.
  7. I am not sure if that is going to work because the Builders team will need to look over all the Java maps. They have to ensure that if most of the Java maps are playable for the Bedrock server. Some of the Bedrock players feel like they are interested in playing some of the Java maps. This may take time for them to go through all the Java maps and modify the changes.

Overall, I am "in the middle" towards your suggestion, but it looks interesting. 0

Posted May 5, 2019
  8. Yeah, on Java edition I am pretty sure there arent maps where you diamonds
    Hopefully they add the Java maps as I see no reason towards them not being playable for bedrock

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 5, 2019
  9. Hey,

I would love to see this happen. There are a lot of maps on Java (not to choose favorites (koyto, beltaine)) that would greatly benefit bedrock. I'll @Dutty and see what she thinks on it. Personally, I don't have much experience with bedrock but the maps are based around how the loot system works. If the loot system, distance to the middle island, and other mechanics are relatively the same, then there's no problem with giving bedrock some java maps.
    On Java, maps have data points which mark spawn points, map limits, and other game-specific mechanics. I'm not sure if that is the same on Bedrock or if stuff has to be modified slightly. Furthermore, I'm really not sure if transferring a java map to bedrock is possible unless there's a program that can rebuild/convert the blocks/data over to Bedrock. Again, if a Builder could answer those it'd be awesome.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted May 9, 2019
  10. It's possible to get Java maps to the Bedrock Edition. However, my team has to edit them to make them slightly smaller in order for them to perform better for Bedrock users. So far, I have several maps ready to go live including Cherry Blossom and Haunted Hills (just to name a few). I can't give you an estimate of when they will go live though. I'll try my best to get them pushed as soon as I can!

Posted May 9, 2019
    MCCharity, Wiz and DeathStrike1016 like this.
  11. Can't wait for those to go live :)

Posted May 9, 2019
    Strafer303 likes this.
  12. It is of course possible. It's simply just a configuration file in the maps files that they edit to make the spawns according to what they should be on the map. I believe it's quite simple to do so if they use the same system on Bedrock! (Which they probably do.)

However, it does take some slight edits to make it optimized to Bedrock. Like said above, maybe you'll see some soon!

Posted May 9, 2019
  13. Hey there!

I will be processing your idea as @PyxllCreates has already responded. It is still possible to add most of the Java maps into the Bedrock server, and it may depend on the Build teams whether they feel like it is ready or not. There is no estimation time on when, so I suggest wait patiently. Although, I will leave the thread open as they are welcome to continue their discussion.

-Idea processed

Posted May 10, 2019
    joshuart likes this.