• 485 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2569 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add capture the flag + Kit ideas for CTF

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 21, 2019.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. Yes, a few ways to improve the game (or kits) (list the ways to improve this suggestion)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but the kit is too OP (list some ways to nerf it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. THIS IS A BEDROCK SUGGESTION

BUT I WOULD LIKE FOR A JAVA PLAYER TO GIVE SOME IMAGES OF HOW THE MAPS LOOK LIKE TO GIVE CORRECT INFO

I would like Capture the Flag to be on Bedrock. But maybe it can be called CTD (Capture The Diamond). I know Champions CTF already exists on Java

Kits

Teleport Kit:
    Teleport - you can teleport to the center island, but the thing is, it teleports to the center, so if you don’t have the blocks, you’re basically stranded on the island till someone comes and bridges to the center island. Disclaimer: THIS IS JUST A TRADE THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE WHEN YOU HAVE THE KIT, THIS IS 50 EMERALDS
    CTF Java kits given by @Jaekub

Assassin - Speedy with leather armor

Mage - Magical with golden armor

Ranger - Ranged with chain armor

Knight - Damager with iron armor

Brute - Tank with diamond armor

Posted Apr 21, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2019
  2. I agree with you that CTF should be able to be played by anyone, regradless of what device they're playing on. The only problem I see with this is that no one really plays CTF on Java. Since it's not commonly played on Java, it might not be played on Bedrock either, which would be a waste of time for the developers.

The kind of CTF you've suggested here is basically Cake Wars. I suggest that it should be just like Java's CTF, with Champions kits available. If you were to use the Champions kits, then you wouldn't need the teleporter kit. Mineplex has already created the Champions kits, so it would be less work on their part.

Overall, I think this would be a great idea with a few changes to make it just like the Java CTF. For this I'll be giving it a +0.5

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  3. Okay, but can you describe the Champions Kit?

And how is the map design, is there some center island?

Also this is not necessary but can you give images of a Java CTF map?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 21, 2019
  4. The map designs would be the same as the ones for Java, similar to most maps on Bedrock. There are 5 Champions kits:

Assassin - Speedy with leather armor

Mage - Magical with golden armor

Marksman - Ranged with chain armor

Knight - Damager with iron armor

Brute - Tank with diamond armor

These are just brief descriptions, but I'm sure there are many detailed descriptions out there. You might want to try them out on Java!

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  5. Do you have any images of a CTF Java map?

OP OP
  6. No. I can log into Java real quick and try to join a game, which will probably be impossible

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  7. Okay I’ll look at the maps provided by build team

OP OP
  8. Yep. Can't get into a game. Sorry.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  9. Hey there!

I agree with you about adding Capture the Flag to Bedrock. Although there aren't that many players in CTF on Java, I think the game would work out pretty well on Bedrock since it has more players. However, regarding the details on your post, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by emeralds (as stated under "Teleport Kit"). Will this game be basically the same thing as in Java, or will it be a modified version? As for the rest of the kits, I think it's better and easier to make them as they are already on Java (described by Jaekub).

You can find pictures at the Mineplex Map Database here. It may take a while to load, so please be patient.

Thanks for bringing this up, have a nice day :D

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  10. What do they use as currency (for example, Cakewars uses emeralds and bricks) in CTF

OP OP
  11. As a Champions player, there isn't really a 'currency' in CTF. However, when you are making your build, there are item and skill tokens, however you have a set amount of those for each build.
    I'd also like to point out that its Ranger, not Marksman.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  12. So instead of bricks, there’s tokens?

OP OP
  13. As DayOfTheDead stated, there's no currency - your team just needs to steal the opposing team's flag and score it to your base. You can't build or upgrade equipment for your team or anything like that. I also want to add that Skill Tokens are not temporary, and you can't earn them in games.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  14. So how do you get blocks like wool or terra-cotta or end stone for bridging?

OP OP
  15. Well, sort of? You don't really buy anything inside of a CTF game though, perhaps I should just explain to you how champions sort of works.
    In essentiality within the class(Assassin, Knight, Ranger, Mage, Brute) you choose your skills for each different weapon. Each weapon has a selection of skills/abilities for you to choose, you can only choose one. In essentiality, skill tokens allow you to choose the level and and which ability for each weapon and passive slot, you get 12 skill tokens I believe. In Champions you create your own builds and play them in the game. There isn't really a gainable currency like in CakeWars, however.
    --- Post updated ---
    You don't. There isn't any bridging. The map isn't in the sky like other games like SkyWars and CakeWars.

Posted Apr 21, 2019