• 1321 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3900 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Add Painting Back

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Puppet, Oct 18, 2019.

?

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Nay

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Hello!

The title says it all, I think Mineplex should add the painting lobby minigame back. For those of you who don't remember painting was something in the mines of the lobby on the wall. You could use a wooden sword to paint, you would right-click the color you want and hold right-click on the blank canvas to paint.

[​IMG]
    (I never said I was an artist, I think I was going for a cat but who really knows.)

P.S. Small request, but please add stacking back.

Reading the comments of this thread, the main issue that sticks out to me is that some players would choose to paint inappropriate words/drawings. So I decided to think of a solution to this problem. I came up with this.

Mineplex would add a /chatsnap like feature. Something like /paintsnap or /capture (I prefer the latter) where it would save the current painting as well as the player painting it.

So that an inappropriate painting isn't left there for other players to see, I propose that if a painting isn't edited for 25 seconds it instantly clears itself.

Posted Oct 18, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2019
  2. I really wish we could get this back! It was a really fun part of hanging out in lobbies ^-^
    The issue I see with this, though, is players breaking the rules and drawing inappropriate things for others to find later, which is why it might not be re-introduced anytime soon. It was definitely a nice little area to mess around in, just as KOTH or Football might've been, but it did cause issues with players not using it correctly or appropriately.
    Personally, it's a yes from me, but I can see how it would make the staff team's lives slightly harder :c

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    Animalll likes this.
  3. Yo!
    I personally don't think this is needed again. Don't get me wrong, it was really fun and enjoyable but I think it took a lot of attention away from DMT which already has a small community. Instead of adding the DMT back into the lobby, I think it would be a smarter idea to change the official DMT game to how it was in the hubs (not needing a resource pack). Not only did this take away attention from DMT like stated above, it was harder to moderate since we didn't have a great way of seeing who was drawing or if it was an old painting and they left we wouldn't know who to punish - where as in DMT, it's way easier to see who is breaking rules. For these reasons, I am giving this a -1.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  4. Heyoo!

I remember back in the day when I used to play with this all the time and it was generally fun! However, I'd have to agree with xOeuf and TeaSpiller, making sure players don't break the rules especially the rule Inappropriate Gameplay can be a hassle as there's no definite proof of a player breaking this rule unless someone was recording them or a staff member was watching them. There could be a cooldown added where the drawing would disappear whenever a player stops drawing or simply when they leave the area, it can go completely blank again, rubbing out what the player has drawn. Overall, I'd have to give this idea a -1 as the negatives override the positives.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  5. Hey,

I remember drawing in front of friends with whatever in the mines, and it was really fun. We just drew whatever we wanted while waiting for our game to start-up and were just laughing about the obscurity of the drawings and whatever else. I didn't really think too much about Mineplex as a whole and just thought about whatever was fun.

Thinking back on it now, however, I'm sure there was a large number of players who drew inappropriate things on the board there and exposed players to bad words, images, and representations. This is terrible considering moderators didn't have much of a way to do anything about it and they needed solid proof from the lobby in order to punish, but even then they would either have to get there really fast or record it, which I just don't see happening. -1.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  6. I mean, to be honest I was never here when the Painting Lobby mini-game was out on Mineplex. I was here when the soccer was but not for the painting. I guess it happened when I took my couple months break from Mineplex, guess that's quite unfortunate. It sounds like it was a pretty fun lobby mini-game and I'd love to see it come back to Mineplex so I could try it out because it seems pretty interesting to be honest. And I feel like that mini-game would be perfect for people who like drawing inappropriate pictures/drawings on the board so I'm assuming that's one of the reasons why it got removed. Now we have Gladiators but there are always hackers in Gladiators.
    - TheProTroller

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  7. I would actually love to see this added back!

It was such an enjoyable activity to do in lobbies and I love doing it with friends.

The only issue was the amount of people drawing/writing inappropriate things. If somehow the development team can come up with a way to stop this by maybe making Gwen recognise these sort of drawings/words it could be added back.

Not only this but I’d love to see other lobby features added back such as slime ball. It were these little little goofy fun things that made Mineplex more unique because as far as I remember no other server had/has these.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  8. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 20, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  9. I don't agree with adding back the painting feature in lobbies. While it is a fun way to kill some time, players will inevitably draw inappropriate drawings and exposing other players to it. Additionally, introducing a new report system for lobby paintings would not be very efficient. It would be simpler to classify painting violations as an inappropriate gameplay offense, and I imagine it would be complicated to introduce a system like chatsnap where the canvas can be saved and reviewed. Sadly, I think implementing this feature in the first place would be highly susceptible to rule-breakers, especially in a place as public as lobbies.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  10. Bro I loved painting, even though you couldn't really make anything because the canvas was too small, it was kind of fun for some reason and let players without the Bob Ross morph paint in the lobby! I don't really ever remember seeing inappropriate stuff because the board cleared so quickly after you stopped painting that there was a lot of time before anyone would've come down there to see something bad painted on it. Maybe if there was a way to instantly clear the board if a bad word is detected and temporarily "ban" the player from using it again, with a message like this:
    "Paint> Innapropriate word/image detected! You cannot paint again at this time."
    Also name the colours cool names like what Bob Ross would have. [​IMG]

As for the other games it would be cool to see something added back other than just Gladiators in the lobby, like the slime soccer which I found really interesting, or something else unique? As for the stacking I'd really like to see that come back but I don't think it is possible with the titles for some reason. It'd be really fun though.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  11. Its a good idea but it could be used for a bypass of muting as a punishment. Other than that I dont really see why it shouldnt added with the modifications you added. Great idea! +1

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  12. Hey!
    I agree with this reply! I miss the painting in the lobby but I understand why this idea wouldn't be implemented any time soon! However, maybe there would be a way to prevent this inappropriate drawings in the future and it would just be erased and other players wouldn't see it!

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.