• 596 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8026 Players Online
  • 7430 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add Resetting Sprint Knockback Mechanics

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Bossitiveplays, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Hey,

For awhile now I've known that Mineplex is the only server that doesn't have the same knockback mechanics that literally every other 1.8 pvp server has. When you w-tap or s-tap, you reset your sprint allowing you to deal the maximum amount of knockback you could inflict on a player. On Mineplex, you don't need to worry about this because your hits always deal the maximum amount of knockback which is also why players will just straight-line you and combo you. Due to this, I believe that players that get very high cps (Legit or not legit) capitalize off this as a result. Introducing this mechanic back into the game is definitely something we want to do because it's a core Minecraft mechanic that should be present always in 1.8 pvp because it's something that takes skill. I believe that this mechanic doesn't exist on Mineplex currently because of the Champions pvp-system being created before sprinting was added (I'm not 100% sure on this). Champions is an extremely old game so that's why pvp currently is exactly how it is.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  2. no. for the servers that it already exists on it resets my sprint randomly and I hate it, don't bring that over to mineplex we don't need it.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    pup9 and Loofii like this.
  3. Can't relate honestly though I've noticed that when Im trading with my opponent they will take practically no horizontal kb (Not sure if it's eu ping) despite me w tapping.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 29, 2020
  4. Briefly talked about this in the gi discord, but ill give my stance again here. Not a fan of it. I'd much rather we just move away from damage based kb (which will also help with high cps/ac's) without sprint resetting. I wouldn't mind too much if it was added, but I think it's addition is unnecessary and I honestly enjoy mineplex combos (without having to s tap or blockhit) far more than any system I know of that uses sprint resetting.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  5. I strongly believe that if a change like this is made for Mineplex, those who have been playing for a very long time might get really annoyed by it because they have spent numerous hours in the server and it might take them a while to adapt to this new PvP system. I would consider this change a very drastic one, even if it doesn't seem like it, since it's been part of the network for years, and modifying something like applied knockback could mess up a lot of people when it comes to fighting in games like Champions or Cake Wars, where games get really competitive.

From my personal experience, velocity in other PvP servers is really annoying to deal with in most cases because it gets really affected by factors such as a player's latency (ping) and sprinting. These elements might also affect knockback in Mineplex but it's not as noticeable and it benefits players who don't like getting "straight-lined" in every combat game.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  6. ppl with high cps are always going to have some sort of an advantage over ppl who dont so that's a pretty dog argument

Posted Sep 29, 2020