• 1772 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10210 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Add something like mob arena to java.

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by EpicEnderDragon1, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesterday I tried mob arena on bedrock (windows 10) and I had a blast. I personally enjoy games where you and a handful of other players have to defend a village or town from mobs. That’s also why I enjoyed HH so much too. Now, I know we can’t add HH back, but maybe a new game that has you and a bunch of players go up against rounds of mobs? I don’t really have an actual game idea, but if something like mob arena or HH was added as a regular game, that would be a ton of fun.

Posted Dec 16, 2018
  2. Hello!
    Personally I really enjoyed Halloween Havoc, one of the reasons for this was the team work aspect and the waves of mobs you had to fight. This being said I do agree with you in saying it would be very fun. Having a game that you can play at any time which includes both of those would be really enjoyable. Kit experimentation would be cool to see and we could get pretty creative with the ideas and themes.

In my opinion it wouldn't get boring to play, especially as the rounds of mobs would get harder. There could also be a leaderboard which shows the longest amount of time a team has survived. My main point here is that there's a lot that you could do with this idea and I hope we get some sort of version added to Java in the future.

Bedrock mob arena seems pretty fun, and I know if we had something similar implemented into Java I'd definitely be playing it. If anyone has any suggestions for this idea then I'd love to hear them, I'm also interested in what everyone else thinks about it. Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Dec 16, 2018
  3. Hi,

I like this game idea a lot, especially because I've played Halloween Havoc (both modes) and Mob area, and I enjoyed both of them! Challenger mode seemed really enjoyable to me, so I hope this would be added in the future. But what Halloween Havoc made even more fun was story. It'd be really cool if they'd add some kind of story, but I doubt Mineplex would do that, and just fighting would be fun as well.
    But maybe it'd be even better to choose a difficulty! (easy, medium and hard mode). I feel like that'd make people play the game more!

Anyways I really like this idea and I hope they'll develop this type of game in the future!
    +1 for this idea!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Dec 17, 2018
  4. Mob Arena in any sense always seems appealing to me. It's a continuous game mode that can serve to be a fun way to kill time, and @Zipppo's leaderboard suggestion would be a pretty neat way to develop a competetive atmosphere within the game. +1

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Zipppo likes this.
  5. Yo!

Thank you for contributing towards the idea discussion on Mineplex! Unfortunately, I will be denying your idea because implementing a form of Mob Arena on Java has already been denied by the Mineplex Leadership Team because of the different gameplay experiences that both platforms create.

Java and Bedrock are completely different from each other so the gameplay experience may vary from the different platforms. Due to this vast difference, the Leadership Team came to the conclusion that they would not implement Mob Arena for Java because it would not create the same fun gameplay experience as it does on Bedrock.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea feel free to PM me or another member of Community Management.

Thread Locked - Idea Denied
    Denied by LT due to gameplay differences because of different platform

Posted Jan 13, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.