• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6982 Players Online
  • 4092 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Add something new....

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by 2wenty5ive, Mar 21, 2020.

?

Should they add more?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Make a separate mode for that.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Hello, I have been playing this server for quite some time and what brought me to Mineplex was in fact survival games. In the past nine to ten years I think it has gotten old or boring. I think if Mineplex was to add some sort of modded version to it or new features like custom enchants or something in that boat it would be pretty cool. This is just a baseline idea, if needed I can go more into detail. Let me know!

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    WowTamman likes this.
  2. Keep in mind that Survival Games was edited quite a bit from the regular Minecraft source code (durability is off, knock back correlating with damage, etc). I do mind already existent enchantments that are not already in SG make an appearance assuming they are all balanced and have a place in the game (fire aspect, etc). What kind of custom mods were you leaning towards? From my experience, there were never any foreign mods on other servers I have played on, just those with edited functions or different resource packs. Furthermore, I believe custom mods may lead to bugs, creating more work for the developers.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  3. I personally don't think developer work should be a reason to not add an idea. If it is a good or bad idea is not changed by if it requires work. I think you should be more specific as to which custom enchantments you want and what they do. I think it's already limited in survival games because you only have a few levels and if you do not know the map, for me personally tables are hard to find. Then, you would have to cycle through vanilla enchants and custom ones. I do not think Mineplex will add mods to survival games because that would require players to download something, and I could imagine younger players struggling with this.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  4. Nah, imo they just need to balance the kits and track down all the closeters and teamers.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  5. Maybe not new modes? That could divide the already small player base. But maybe they could add new things to the main game mode.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
  6. I don't believe survival games should be tampered with. I feel like the changing of the game with custom enchants would ruin the experience and the overall gameplay/playing style. If you want something fun in survival games, or want a change to it maybe instead of a model version what if they hosted monthly tournaments? It could be in rounds and total amounts of games to see who gets the most kills in total and see who gets wins and who doesn't. If there was a new mode it would make the player count lower due to the split of survival games and this "new mode."

Just my opinion!

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  7. I personally don't like games with OP adjustments(port 1 diamond armor, etc.) so I think this change wouldn't be necessary. I think events that are hosted at a weekly basis do a good job at experimenting wacky changes with certain games, like Knockback sticks in micro battles, and OP skywskywarsrs. I personally feel like the style of SG should stay the same, considering there are a lot more problems to think about rather than just the game mode. I understand games might feel stale when played too much, but looking at the games that Mineplex has, custom enchants wouldn't really fit into Mineplex that well.

Just like with Champions, it would be weird to make a completely different/modded version for a game like that, because Kits are set to be simply of leather, chain, gold, iron, and diamond, rather than kits with, for example, custom enchantments as a passive ability. I am not saying that it would be a bad idea to possibly alter the gamestyle of some games, but I feel like doing this would cause a lot of controversy with the people who have considered Champions, Bridges, and Cake Wars competitive for a long time. While I agree that changes need to be made, changing the game mode itself can really cause controversy. This is just my opinion, but hopefully I made nice feedback about this.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  8. As sg is a pretty balanced game now, I wouldn't want to disrupt it by adding something that could ruin the game, such as an OP item/kit or introduce new bugs into the game. I like sg as it is, so I'm going to have to give you a -1 on this

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    lohra likes this.
  9. It would be fun to add planes and helicopters to Survival Games

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  10. I feel like this would definitely create some problems

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  11. I mean - new update, more balanced kits.
    No more being bowspammed by @Betrayer :eyes:
    I like the changes to the maps in some cases, for instance more chests at mid on Riverton Castle, but my brain has to be rewired for the changes to Fallout (no more diamond chestplate) and the new mid for Aztec Islands.

Also no one mentioned the ‘nine or ten years’ and it made me giggle.

SG is a classic games and loved by those who play it - I think I speak for everyone when the only thing we want changed is the horse kit (yes I will not shut up about this).

Posted Mar 23, 2020