• 778 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9216 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Adding rank upgrades duplicates for Eternal+

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Klobby, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Heyo!

Here's this simple idea of mine: At the current time, once you obtain Eternal (Or any higher rank) the ability for you to obtain rank upgrades in mythical chests is permanently disabled. This is where my idea comes in.

Instead of disabling this ability entirely, how about adding rank upgrades duplicates?

So how would this work?:
    If an Eternal+ user were to find a rank upgrade, they would receive a duplicate instead worth thousand of shards (Preferably around 50k-100k).
    Additionally, instead of the message "(example) found mythical (example) rank" showing up, Eternal+ users who obtain rank upgrades will show up with the message "(Example) found mythical rank upgrade"

What would be the benefits of adding this?
    1. I'm sure that this would make mythical chests more worth to buy for Eternal+ users and I don't feel like the duplicate bonus would be overpowered as getting a rank upgrade alone is still extremely rare.
    2. This would make it easier to complete "Lucky" Title tiers. Getting a mythical item (Only mythical items are rank upgrades) gives the user 50 points. So a non-ranked player can only use this opportunity about 5 times. With this change, players could use this way more often and finishing the title would be a little bit easier.
    3. In Gem hunters, rank upgrades were also a feature and Eternal users were able to cash out with them and also received tons of shards in return. This means that bringing this feature back wouldn't cause that much damage as it was already a thing at one point.

Let me know what do you think about this!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  2. I think this is a cool idea. My only issue would be that people wouldn't understand what it was, since getting a ranked upgrade is incredibly rare. This could cause some confusion. Also, your point about the Lucky title doesn't make much sense as it would barely make any difference because of its rarity.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Klobby likes this.
  3. It would still make it more likely as you will have more than 5 chances to get 50 points at once from rank upgrades. And I believe people would be most likely to figure out what it means.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  4. I'm being pedantic but the likelihood increase would be tiny so it's not that significant. Also, did you mean the treasure hunter title because opening chests is a really bad way to get the lucky title?

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  5. I think this is a cool idea. For non-Eternal ranked players, there is a chance of finding a rank upgrade in a Mythical chest which makes opening treasures a very exciting experience. For players with Eternal, however, the exciting aspect becomes obsolete as they already have the highest rank. I would love to see this implemented as it may further encourage Eternal players to spend shards and open chests. Finding a rank upgrade, even as an Eternal, is a shocking experience and it would be cool to see this opportunity branched out for higher ranks as well. Overall, I do not have any problems with this suggestion and I hope to see it pushed out in the near future.

Posted Sep 21, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2019
  6. Hey!

I love this idea. Even though it would be a small and very unnoticeable change, it would give reason for Eternal ranked players to open mythical chests. Dare I say most Eternals don’t care too much about most of the cosmetics found in mythical chests. I think the rewards are fine, since 50k shards isn’t even that much when it comes to buying chests. Overall, this is a great idea and I would love for it to be added, as it would give Eternal ranked players incentive to buy mythical chests. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  7. This really does sound like quite a unique and interesting idea that you've come up with. Personally, though I don't really think that there should be Eternal+ because, to be honest, It's just not really necessary. It does sound like a pretty cool concept but I'm not really sure what benefits you would get by getting the rank duplicate in a chest. If this were to be a thing technically there would be 10 ranks and personally, that's a little too much. Anyhow it's still a pretty unique idea, I'd love to hear more from you soon!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  8. Yo.

I like this idea. It isn't too overpowered to give top-ranked players a nice shard boost for finding a Mythical item. I think it should give the player 100k Shards since Mythical items are that rare. This would also balance Mythicals so then all players can then receive a Mythical item.

+1 from me!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  9. Hey mate!

I think this is a great idea that would make Mythical Chests more interesting for the community. At the moment, all the ranks aside from Eternal have the chance to receive a rank upgrade, so that means for Eternals they don't get that same anticipation and excitement compared to players with lower ranks who open these chests. With your suggestion implemented into Mythical Chests, Eternals will be a lot more keen on spending shards as it's almost like a gamble; you could win some cosmetics, or you could win back 4 times the shards you spent buying the chest. I really like how you've outlined your idea, and I personally don't see anything negative with it's implementation. Thanks for sharing this with the community so we can give you some feedback! :)

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  10. I think you misread the thread. The OP isn’t suggesting to add more ranks.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    TheProTroller likes this.
  11. I think this would be a really cool idea! Given how especially rare it is to even find a rank upgrade, I think that Eternal's should be rewarded should they happen to receive one from a mythical chest. I'd say 100 - 150k shards would be a decent amount to get instead. This would, as you mentioned, make opening mythical chests a bit more exciting for Eternal players and could possibly give them back that excitement they once used to feel when opening mythical treasure.

Overall, I don't see any harm that could come from having this implemented!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  12. It's rare to find the ranks from the chest, and not most of the players obtained it. From my experience, I'd never experienced getting a rank, Ultra, Hero, Legend, Titan, and Eternal out from the chest. I agree that this should be a quick QoL improvement for our chest systems. If a player already has a rank or higher, then they'll receive bonus shards from the chest, but larger.

I don't see the downside of your idea, so it's great! +1

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  13. Hello!

I really like this idea. It makes sense to be added since like you said, people who have Eternal currently really don't go for mythical chest. Since it is rare to find already, you should definitely get a ton of shards. I would say anywhere from 50k-250k. If this were to be added, Eternals would actually have something to want from the mythical chest. I do agree with @AyyNick that you could get your shards back and even more if you do get the rank. And the mythical chest isn't that much also so you would most likely be getting way more shards then you spent back. I also like this idea because it would help with getting the "Lucky" title complete. It is sort of hard to get now so a lot of people would be happy about that. This would be a small update to add, very easy so there shouldn't be any problems if this were to be added. It would encourage Eternal players to buy these chests and try to get the shards, like what @AceSJus has stated.

I do think though that if someone does get a rank (even if they are not Eternal) they should get a bonus in shards - depending on the rank. So say if someone gets Titan, they would get about 100k shards but if it was someone who got Hero, they would get 50k (Not actual amounts). It would be better this way in my opinion. I don't see any bad things about this idea getting added (if it is) so I give it a +1! Thank you for making the suggestion!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  14. Heyoo!

I really love the idea you have going right now! I don't find much point in buying mythical chests anymore besides for particles and stuff, because I already have Eternal, and well I'm Staff, but adding this would be so great, because if you got a rank upgrade and you got those shards back from it that could have just payed for the chest you just got, also, this would really help players complete the "Lucky" title too like you said, 50 points for a mythical is very helpful towards leveling up those tiers for the title! I don't see any downside of this idea and I think a lot of people would love to have this added! +1

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  15. Heyo
    Decent idea. I haven’t really seen a point of buying or using Mythical Chest anymore besides all the cosmetics so that’ll be a cool addition to the player base and something to hope for when opening a chest. The only concern I see about implementing this is if a staff member happens to get a rank duplicate, how would that work? I don’t really recall what would happen last time we had rank upgrades in chest before but as far as I am concerned it would be hard to have a script that can detect the last rank upgrade. Would the rank upgrade show up in transactions so it would be easier for when the staff member decides that their journey is over will get their designated rank back?
    With that being said, that’s a +0.5 from me
    Have a nice day!
    ~BasicT

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  16. I really like this idea! I actually won Titan rank from a mythical chest years ago and I vividly remember how excited I was when I won it. Many eternal players already have all the cosmetics they can receive from mythical chests, so it can be mundane opening treasures for those players. With the addition of rank duplicates, there would be another high-tier item that can be won to make opening treasures more suspenseful, and even though their rank can't go any higher, it would still be a dramatic experience. I also see no issues with the addition of this, although it isn't necessarily something of high priority. Overall, it's a +1 from and I hope to see it added in the near future. Thank you for the suggestion!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  17. I can support this idea. It would be quite a hefty reward to receive from opening chests, but as others have mentioned, it is already extremely rare to find ranks in chests anyways. It's not like you would be able to just farm shards using this method. It would also encourage those that are Eternal already to open Mythical chests instead of the higher tier chests. Personally, I don't buy Mythical chests with shards at all because I'd rather save up to ensure I get a new cosmetic instead of risking the ones that I already have. This would give Eternal ranked players a reason to want to open Mythical chests too.

Posted Sep 24, 2019