• 625 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9063 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Advocating for Disagreement: Bring Back Dislike

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Niervaco, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The problem is, if there aren't any rules set in place, can you imagine how much havoc could be made with dislikes? People can group up with others and dislike specific threads for specific reasons. That's why there should be a rule about disliking threads.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  2. Explain to me what this supposed "havoc" is. Unless there's proof that people are actively grouping together and disliking threads, no one should get warned for anything.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  3. That's what I mean. Groups of players can dislike threads specifically not because of content, but maybe the person?

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  4. Like I said above, if there is evidence, they should be warned for doing so. Though, I think this is highly unlikely people would do this. People don't need a dislike button to target a certain person. There are a lot worse things to do like perhaps leaving negative responses, but do you see that happening? No. I don't see how dislikes can cause such damage that they warrant a punishment.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  5. I respect your opinion, and I’m starting to understand it. Dislikes shouldn’t be a punishment, but from back in 2013, people spammed the dislike button, which is what triggered me to say it should be a rule.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  6. We have reached the decision that we will NOT be adding a dislike button.

The conclusion was it will add a layer of negativity that we would rather not have on the forums and that the Admin team does not want a dislike button either. We would rather not have it where people would just use it troll and slam others they didn't like on literally anything they posted.

We'll be locking this as it has been denied and we do not plan to bring a dislike button, or anything similar, anytime soon. You're free to message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.