• 558 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9030 Players Online
  • 8472 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

AFK In Blockhunt

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Callum5771, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Hi All!

This is an annoying issue for players that are about to win the game because they don't move, but then get kicked for being "AFK" when they still are in-fact playing the game.
    This issue causes the player to be kicked from the server before the game ends, so they don't get any rewards (now minimal rewards because of the new system), instead, they just wasted 10 minutes. :/

It would be great if there was an exception made for the AFK kicker system in this game, but what do you people think?

Posted Jan 6, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2019
    MadCooper, xOeuf and Thunderer4215 like this.
  2. The game isn't 10 minutes. And, if you are playing, just move a little. I see your point, as this may reveal you, and I agree it should be added.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
  3. I'm not sure what you mean as I have never been kicked due to being AFK in blockhunt even when not moving a whole round. Even if you are, just move a little since the prop itself won't move if you move little enough.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
  4. Just to be clear, I've now been personally kicked countless times, and just that a few players I know have been through this and it's been an inconvenience for them. I said to a player in-game that I'd make the issue known and I have to see what people think and what could be done.

Regards,
    Callum.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 6, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 25, 2019
  5. Actually, moving a little won't make you not afk, you will need to move to the point of your prop moving I think, unless I am mistaken some how. Anyways, another way to not be afk is to type something into chat. ANYTHING will do. Like gl hf, or hello everyone.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.
  6. Thanks for that! I'll be sure to let the relevant people know about the chat thing, but it would be nice to see this fixed properly! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 6, 2019
  7. Yeah just prop your mouse up a little. Personally I prefer going in for the CHICKEN SQUAD KILLS!! Get your bow and shoot the hunters till hyper, then go crazy with the OP boost and the small hitbox.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
  8. I see where you are coming from, but I don't think removing the AFK timer would be the way to go. It's in place so players aren't just staying in a game endlessly while they aren't on their computer. It's basically a way to stat boost and I think it would cause issues without an AFK timer. I thought about suggesting that maybe we could change the system to require players to type something in chat before kicking them. However, that seems like something people could make scripts for and still exploit. Maybe it could be a pop up menu that players would be required to click a specific option or something? It would stop players from needing to move but still confirm to the server that they weren't actually AFK.

Posted Jan 6, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  9. Yes _H2O, I'm liking your suggestion.
    A quick way to get out of the AFK timer without moving (but in conjunction with it) I think, is the way to go.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  10. I don't see how this is a problem in the first place. I usually go semi-afk while I play, and whenever I hear the 'ding' sound of the afk system, I just come back on and move around or say something in chat. I believe it is currently quite easy to leave the afk mode, you basically just have to say something in chat, or move a bit.

In general, I don't see a lot of people getting accidentally kicked by the afk system when they're here, unless they specifically state that they're going afk for a few minutes. I don't believe this is just too much of a problem at this point, you just have to be careful and move around a bit when you hide. I don't think any system modifications are needed for this specific problem. However, I kinda agree that as a whole, the afk system could be improved by clicking on something in chat, or responding to an easy question.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    MadCooper and coralines like this.
  11. Haven't been kicked myself before? Also I'm pretty sure the Devs would've put in checks to ensure the player isn't a block at the time of kicking? However I could be wrong of course, personally I haven't experienced this myself, but if it does happen a lot, I'm all for it to be changed.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  12. It only AFK kicks you if you look at the exact same spot for a long period of time. As long as you look around, you won't get booted. Not moving isn't the issue, it's only if you don't look around. I've tested this myself actually, I kept sprint jumping in the same direction off the island when waiting for the game to start and then it thought I was AFK because My mouse doesn't move.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.
  13. I don't think this is a problem at all. At the moment, in BH you do not have to walk around (like EssentialsAFK) in order to not get removed, instead, it classes you as AFK when you do not move your head. In order to avoid this just listen for the sound like @Nicodami said, and move your head around (this won't get you revealed) or talk in chat (nor will this)! I don't think we need a rework since this will just cause stat boosting which will be extremely easy just to AFK farm for hours in BH and make a level for just being AFK.​

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    JN_PlayzMC, Nicodami and Vocaloiid like this.
  14. I actually had this happen to me today. I did move around but it still kicked me. It did the same thing in the BH lobby, course I did move around and it still kicked me. But, I don't think a afk kicker system needs to be installed.

Posted Jan 8, 2019
  15. It sounds more like a bug to me tbh. You should definitely not get afk kicked if you move your mouse, and I’m 100% positive of that. Maybe gather some evidence and report this next time it happens, since I can’t find any explanation to this.

But no, let’s not remove the afk timer please. It’s already frustrating when you see people afk-ing in your lobby and not helping you when they’re on your team, let alone watching someone afk-ing in any gamemode and getting away with it. If you want to afk, just stay in a regular lobby, simple as that.

That is already in place and requires you to simply move your mouse instead of using WASD, which doesn’t give your location away at all, you would simply change your perspective.

Also, I wanna add how mineplex is one of the very few servers that gives you a countdown before being kicked, which most major servers don’t, so just take advantage of this massive perk we have and give it a little spin with your mouse next time you see the countdown is starting.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
    Nicodami likes this.
  16. I completely agree but a genuine argument is that people who will stats boost anyway would use an anti AFK script.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  17. Why would you camp and not hunt the Hunters instead?

Posted Jan 9, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.
  18. I find this to be quite brilliant, maybe exclusively for games such as block hunt there would be a sort of captcha menu where it'll ask you to click on all cobblestone blocks or something of that sort? In terms of the OP's suggestion, I disagree with the removal of the AFK timer for any certain gamemode including block hunt, maybe increase the timer?

Posted Jan 9, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.
  19. TimmyP

TimmyP
    x

Bedrock didnt have this before, and I brought it up to MP and they appeared to fix it.

If players arent getting kicked, the leaderboards are completely invalidated.

If a hider sits afk in the starting position, he or she will be killed (because they are wide in the open obviously) and moved to hunter. If the hunters, who are actually playing, win... That afk dead hider gets a free win (I witnessed hundreds\thousands of this).

If a hunter sits afk in the starting position, he or she gets the win if hunters win.

Now imaging trying to climb the leaderboards, while the next person you are looking to pass is just sitting there in your game, getting a win every time you do. It makes it nearly impossible to catch this person, and they are doing nothing. Its obviously a problem if it exists.

Posted Jan 10, 2019