• 827 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3406 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion AFK-Timeout

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Knazamn, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hi!

I absolutely hate it in a game of Cake Wars, that you get afk player on your team that does absolutely nothing and just sits there and looks into the distance. Also, coming across a afk player on another team. Everyone's cake is destroyed but yours. You go and kill the last people, but the last person alive is afk. You are at low health. Easy win.

Basically, we should add some sort of AFK-Timeout-thingamajig. Maybe like 2 minutes, like the same as Java. This would help get all of the afk people out, and have the people actually playing win. This would also help, so they don't get carried in every game they get in.

I would like your opinions!
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  2. Dont see why this wouldn't work so +1

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  3. Heyo!
    I agree with this idea, but let's be real here, it should be implemented for Dragons on bedrock instead of Cake Wars on java. There's lots of people AFKing their way to level 100 and it takes away value from the players that worked hard to achieve level 100.

Speaking of being carried in every game, this doesn't necessarily mean that the team will win. The afk player will not be able to help the other teammate, and that can be a disadvantage. Yes, if they're on a team with a pro at CW, they will be carried, but you can't promise that they'll be on that same player's team EVERY ROUND.

And think about it, there's good things that can come out of having an AFK teammate. They won't sit on the generator and take all the bricks. They won't block trap you like half of my teammates do. Neither will they cover up a cake with wool when you have obsidian that you can put on the cake.

Finally, two minutes is way too short. Sometimes my mom yells at me to do laundry, help her with some quick chores, or just go and drink some water so I don't dehydrate. Setting a two minute AFK timer could kick you from games when you're going to be back in a few minutes anyways.

I agree that an AFK timer should be implemented, but definitely not two minutes. A time of ten or twenty minutes would be better for this type of feature. For now, I'm going to leave this at a +0.5. I like the idea, but some slight tweaks should be made.

-Scar

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  4. you mean bedrock?

idk just giving a example. You can give a suggestion on the time though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2019
  5. Hiya!

I totally agree with this idea! As a Cake Wars addict I totally understand this issue your having with this specific game. It really is annoying when your teammate is AFK because you're short a player; this is also more effective in Duos. I also like your viewpoint of other teams having this issue as well because it puts them at a disadvantage, allowing you to get an easy win which isn't what this game is about. However, I think the AFK time out should be at about 5 minutes or maybe a few more just because I feel like 2 minutes is way too short for a player. I think its too short just from experience playing this game when I have to use the bathroom real quick or I have to do a quick chore for my mom. This is a really great idea in my opinon but just some minor things should be tweaked at a bit! +1

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  6. This isn’t really a big issue. I guess it depends on how many teammates you have on one team. If you have 4 and 1 is afk, you still have 2 teammates you can rely on, and even if your down 2 teammates, you still have one other to rely on. In fact I would think that would be much easier for you because then you can steal all the resources you get at base.

I could agree on the idea to an extent to where your teammate is afk for more than like 5-10 mins, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

But if were talking about games like skywars and skyfall where people are afking and also floating, that’s more of an issue.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  7. There is an afk timer, it just sometimes takes a while for it to kick into action and whatnot. And let’s be honest, teammates on bedrock never do anything XD

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  8. Hello,

I don't specifically play bedrock but AFK Timers are always helpful, just to put it out there 2 minutes is way too short for it to kick people out of the game. People can play bedrock on their computers, consoles and mobile phones and if people were on there computers they could be on another tab doing something or like switching a song then writing a message then going back to the game and then they're kicked and it can eventually get annoying at times.

There's no reason why this shouldn't be added just change the AFK time, +1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 6, 2019