• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3280 Players Online
  • 3280 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Afking in Block Hunt(?)

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Exoltic, Mar 17, 2021.

?

Am I overreacting

1. Probably

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Probably not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very recently I encountered a person in Block Hunt who got angry at a seeker for killing hiders.. because they wanted to afk win? Honestly, I've never encountered this in BH before, and I've only recently been playing BH again, but I found this to be very strange.

Of course, some people (including myself) called out this person for their behavior because killing hiders as the seeker is the purpose of the game.

I assume that this is to farm things like gems and exp, and honestly, I don't really care if people afk in BH lobbies for rewards. My only problem is that this person started to be lowkey toxic about it.. and they could have been joking, but it was really unnecessary and rude at sometimes.

After a while, the person stopped complaining about it, but I was wondering: is this just a new meta I missed? Is it even allowed? The person in particular was quite high leveled, so I assume it is, but I think something should be done about hiders expecting to get free wins when other people join and actually want to play the game. I guess this is more of a discussion post than anything, but I want to know if I'm overreacting or not.

I know you can report people for such behavior, but that seems like an overkill for what happened. I just want to know what the general consensus about this is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(p.s. because the person I'm talking about in particular was high leveled, I assume they might have a forums account. So if you're reading this, Hi and pls don't think I'm doing this to "expose" you or anything I'm just confused plz I need someone to explain)

Posted Mar 17, 2021
    Grant138 likes this.
  2. Heyy

This is indeed technically allowed as long as they aren't using an Anti-AFK Mod or deliberately not killing hiders in melee range / successfully going out of their way to make sure Hunters don't kill Hiders (like using TNT to trap other hunters for example).

If you see either of those two things I mentioned above, please gather video evidence (5 minutes+ of the Anti-AFK Mod) and report it at mineplex.com/reports :)

And if they aren't particularly breaking any rules with this, I do get how it can be frustrating. The whole point about being a Hunter in BH is to kill Hiders. But if you are a Hunter and the Hunters win by killing the Hiders, then I don't really see their issue with other players killing them lmao. If they really want to "AFK" that badly I don't know why they'd be getting angry at someone else getting them more XP lol

Posted Mar 17, 2021
    Grant138 likes this.
  3. Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for responding :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.