• 549 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8987 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allow to See a Persons Forum Account while seeing stats

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by CupAWup, Jun 8, 2019.

1. I would like this because some people have forum accounts which names have totally different names than their in game name, and someone might want to know what a person's forums name is so they can follow them. Like a person who was friends with me in Bedrock would have a harder time finding my forums account than a Java friend. When you click on the name of a person, there will be an embed link to take you to their profile as suggested by @ClqssyOwl.

This should only work if a player has actually linked their account! If you search for their forums name then, it will say N/A!

Also, this should be optional as some players don't want to be followed as suggested by @Overdog meaning everyone, your friends, or nobody can see your forums username!!!

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 9, 2019
    AppleFTW and January34 like this.
  2. I absolutely understand where you're coming from, as I feel that this would be great for those who just can't seem to find the player's forums profile from just their IGN/GamerTag. I believe that this would be a great fit for the friends system on Mineplex and should be added, if a player links their Minecraft account with Mineplex (/link).

Also, how did you get your signature to show up below your post? I've been trying to figure this out for the longest!
    Nevermind... I figured it out. LoL

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  3. Hello!

I feel this should definitely be more of an option/preference, than required when you link your forums account. Some players do not want to be followed as well, and have a different experience on the forums rather than in-game. This can be an option and that's how I'd want it! And also, if they really wanted it that way, why can't they set their IGN to that? Simple as that!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  4. On Bedrock, you'll probably get a random name generator. Only EmeraldAwesome5 for Bedrock was chosen by me. But on Java, you can chose and even change your name.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  5. Hello, hello!

Overall, I'm not inherently opposed to this idea and I can definitely see how it could potentially benefit the network; it would bridge two of our most popular services and promote account linking, which I think we all can agree would be useful. My only concern would be how might one actually use this feature to view one's forum profile?; you can't do so via interaction with an item... Perhaps clicking an item could provide an embed link in your chat? If you can't use this to view their forums profile, this feature wouldn't be too terribly useful.

Again, I don't see anything bad or wrong with this idea and wouldn't mind seeing it added-- if anything, I'd love to have a wider host of services available for integration and want to see the network encourage more holistic participation in the community. That being said, like certain other players have already mentioned, there are certain anonymity concerns that must be taken into account when proposing features like this as some players don't want their forums presence advertised, which is why I believe this should be an option.

Finally, I'm not sure how one would implement this on our Bedrock network since player statistics profiles aren't yet implemented; how would you tackle this problem?

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  6. Hello!

I would see this feature quite helpful as sometimes it can be hard to find a person's forum profile. Some players can have a different name at forums which is not like they have in-game. Once I had this situation when I needed a person's forum profile and I couldn't find it by person's IGN as on forums it was different than in-game. It will be really faster to find someone's profile by IGN if there will be a link on that on player's stats page. I believe it won't be hard to do as a website already know what accounts were linked and what wasn't.

I'll give +1 to this idea as I want to see be implemented in future forums updates.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.