• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Allowed Clients

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by fsu, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been getting many different answers about Lunar client and I was wondering if it was allowed or not. I have a screenshot of a Moderator == -snip- == telling me that it is allowed on Mineplex, but I have multiple players, and Mineplex Client list telling me that it is not allowed. (While Lunar is not even listed on the Client List). So before I get banned for using this, can you tell me whether Lunar client is allowed or not.

Thank you,
    fsu

EDIT: Lunar Client has been confirmed a ALLOWED client on Mineplex as long as Mini Map is not added back, as it has been removed in recent updates. If the Mini Map is added back to the client, it will not be allowed on Mineplex. I have contacted Lunar Client staff as well to possibly change their pictures on their website so there is no confusion as to if Lunar has a Mini Map feature or not (as one of their photos shows a Mini Map feature). Thanks to the Mods and everyone included on getting this sorted out.

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 22, 2020
  2. Hey!

When a client isn't listed on the official rules document (found here) it really just comes down to common sense whether or not you should use it. I personally use PvP Lounge, and while it isn't on the approved mods list it has no effect to gameplay and therefore is not punishable. I believe the reason that the BadLion client was punishable for a while was the minimap and the modified knockback. I've personally never used Lunar Client but if there is no minimap or modified knockback it should be ok. To know for certain, I would recommend contacting a member of the rules committee (found here), as they should be able to tell you if Lunar Client is permitted or not. I hope I helped you out!

Posted Jan 21, 2020
    fsu likes this.
  3. I can tell you what I think and some of what I know. So first of all I did some research and asked some of my Developer friends about this. So from what I saw, this is an anti cheat client. And it says that it will not allow you to have any X-ray texture packs or hacking mods on it. So it can not be used to hack. It does say that in most cases it can double your frames. I am not sure if this would be considered an unfair advantage or not. So far this looks pretty good. Then comes the part that really ruined it. First of all the link has no .com, .net, .org, or .tk. Not saying this is required but websites without one of these are more vulnerable. Second I saw that you are able to pay to have your account unbanned, Basically bail. At this point I lost all trust in lunar. Then I saw that they have a massive Discord and Minecraft Server, so maybe it’s not all bad. Now you can ask a member of the Rules committee or another Moderator about this but this is my opinion.

Disclaimer not accusing you of anything just trying to help you.

Posted Jan 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 22, 2020
    fsu likes this.
  4. I did see that there is an option to pay to unban for Lunar. But looking through Lunar I have not seen any ingame advantages expect for basically doubling your fps, if that is considered an advantage. I dont understand the link not having .com, .net etc.. How does this come into play and why does it matter? I started a conversation with the rules committee, im not sure if I did it right cause I dont really use the forums that much. Thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  5. I personally don't think that Lunar Client is malicious at all. Just because it doesn't end with a standard domain doesn't necessarily mean it's untrustworthy in any way shape or form. Also, I'm assuming that the unbans only apply for Lunar's protected servers, which means that the unbans don't affect Mineplex punishments at all, as Mineplex isn't a Lunar protected server.

Posted Jan 22, 2020
    Rqckin likes this.
  6. I contacted the Rules Committee, I dont know if I did it correctly, as I dont use the forums too much, so I will wait for a response. Thank you

OP OP
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  7. Hi, Lunar Client is NOT allowed. It has a Mini Map feature which isn't allowed on Mineplex.
    Badlion also has a Mini Map feature, but also has another feature where you can disable certain mods on specific servers. If Lunar can also do this, I'd suggest DMing a RC and telling them.
    Hope this answered your question.

Posted Jan 22, 2020
  8. I have checked all through the client and there is no mini map. If I am missing it please let me know how to access it so I can see it. I believe it may have used too, I am not positive but right now, on the newest update, there is no Mini Map Thank you

OP OP
  9. Ah, I didn't know they removed it. I'd just do what you're doing right now and message a RC member.

Posted Jan 22, 2020
  10. It shows lunar is not the most reliable, if they accept bail money. Because of this, I thought the anti cheat client was bad. I was also surprised to see no .com, .net at the end of the links, especially when lunar handles purchases. Turns out the plugin is legit but you could see why I was concerned at first.
    Have a nice day.

Posted Jan 22, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 22, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  11. I have contacted the Rules Committee team and can confirm that the Lunar Client is now an approved mod as the minimap feature is no longer available in the newest version of the client. The Client has also been added at the bottom of In-Game rules ("Approved Client Mods" section) that can be found here. Please know that if the minimap feature is added back to the client however, it would be unapproved once again. Since your question has been answered, I'm going to lock the thread. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Thread Locked > Concern Addressed

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    fsu, skarm, Im_Ken and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.