• 82 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1393 Players Online
  • 1311 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

An idea that might work

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ItsMeTanish, Jan 17, 2022.

1. welp, sucks to be mineplex then, simple advertisement of the /report command would certainly produce results now that it's been public for a while

i have to report bad service in staffrequest

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    CookieBilly likes this.
  2. Last summer I'd go on reporting sprees on Java with a couple dozen a day tops. Maybe two-thirds of them would be acknowledged. The most recent thing I reported wasn't a hack, but rather a bug for infinite shards. It was noted, but unresolved, and still there just tempting me to abuse it a few days later. But then again, what can you do without Devs?

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    CookieBilly likes this.
  3. I can only talk for Java, bedrock needs a lot more. But bedrock has literally no moderation tools at all, so even basic tools would probably make things 100x easier for Bedrock staff.

People logout, expiry times are low. Reports (when handled) are dealt with by what's in front of us (so, if someone isn't cheating while we're watching, we cannot sit and watch them for hours).

GWEN is doing a fairly decent job, steals a good amount of bans. It could be better, but it's certainly nowhere close to as bad as it was a few months ago.

I mean, currently, there are 0 reports ingame or on the forums (java), I cannot magically find people breaking the rules, we need tools to help find those people. More moderators would just increase the amount of staff (java) wandering around aimlessly without being able to do any tasks. A better timezone spread of staff would probably help a lot though.

All I can really say, is use the current tools to report them, there's a good amount of moderators online 9/10 hours a day trying to do every report they see (@Nuclear™, @AhhElliot to name a couple). We really need to improve tools to notify us, simples.

No matter the tools, until Mojang fixes the alt issue, it'll be an issue, we can only lower it a bit. It's an endless fight.

Lots, and I mean lots, of players think it's titan+ still. The advertisement would help, but the system needs a complete revamp IMO, it's pretty bad. And yeah, staffrequest is a jungle of off-topic, junk reports & widely disliked by the staff team, wish we could make it better or improve /report to the point where people are not using it.

People logout (you'd be surprised how little people stay on 1 account) & reports expire overnight/during eu times when less moderators are online (although, I do try and wake up at a normal time).

Bugs, I have no idea, not my area.

Posted Jan 17, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 17, 2022
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  4. What I used to do was hop from CW lobby to CW lobby as a spectator reporting every hacker I saw, almost like a cop with a radar gun trying to nail people to meet their monthly quota. If you have the people to do it, why not seek out cheaters on patrols like that instead of waiting for them to come to you, or people to direct you to them? Believe me, it's a lot of fun helping to clean up the server all while seeing justice served.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  5. If mods were as aggressive as I am, and unlike me, they can put a stop to anything in an instant, hackers may think twice about cheating on Mineplex, knowing it would be easier to get away with elsewhere.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  6. Because that's inefficient, it'd be a bit of a waste of time, it'd work if nothing else was happening I guess, but that's a pretty slow way of finding people most of the time.

Report them through as many ways as possible, that's all I can advise.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  7. Without a working Gwen, the only way things get better for everyone (except the cheaters) is if you're ruthless and let nothing slide.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  8. The idea of a functional anticheat is to monitor the server without the need for human intervention, but with that not being something you can rely on, the only option is to tackle the problem piecemeal. Hackers are not hard to find. Out of the hundreds if not thousands of CW Java lobbies I visited over the summer, AT LEAST 20% of them had one or more hackers in them, no exaggeration, and they seem to be even more prevalent on Bedrock. They're not at all hard to find

Posted Jan 17, 2022
    LegoNick1208 likes this.
  9. What do you know about Gwen, that you called it "total garbage" and claim it's not working at all? I really doubt you see the same amount of hackers in every game as you did a few months back.

You claim you only really played HH and CC so you wouldn't have even seen the effects and therefore don't know what has changed, as there weren't many hackers in seasonal games to begin with. As for what you see now, it's in no way comparable to a few months ago, although you seem to not know what it was like back then.

Posted Jan 17, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 17, 2022
    _ItsMusic_ and Eqsa like this.
  10. Has there been an update or not? They keep telling us it's the works, and I stopped believing that a long time ago after we never got results. From what I'd heard people say, it's worse on Bedrock, but maybe it has improved on Java. No matter what, considering how much people complain about it, I'm positive it can't carry its weight the way it should.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  11. To be honest, I can't remember the last time Gwen did run totally smoothly, if ever. It caught me for flying in 2017, but I was able to get away with it for quite a while. It's never been a perfect system, and it's not up to par now. And it definitely seems to be worse on Bedrock, where you also have way fewer mods patroling way more people.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  12. There has been an update, and is also actively being worked on. This is what was posted in the MPD in #announcements on 16th November 2021:

"Hello all, and welcome back to another announcement from your friendly neighborhood Mineplex developer team! You all might have noticed some changes with GWEN over the recent months. This was the result of several GWEN updates that targeted combat disablers, phase hacks, timer hacks and most other movement hacks. While this update was mostly targeting the bypasses, we also did not forget about the issues affecting you all. I'm happy to inform you all that we have patched dozens of issues, like jumping under a three-block ceiling or the more common flags during high or unstable ping. This is only the start of our journey towards GWEN V2 and I hope you all stay tuned to hear more about our progress on GWEN in the near future."

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  13. That's good, but why was there no mention of that on the homepage or the forums changelog of this website? They actually do some stuff right and it flies under the radar.

Posted Jan 17, 2022
  14. This update was a mess. Many players got false banned (including me), but the update after (which was not mentioned anywhere) made it so that GWEN isn't false banning anymore.
    At this very moment, GWEN is doing fine honestly, the only thing making GWEN seem like it's not working as intended is because of lag. Every time I get a huge lag-spike, I always get kicked. I hope they fix it as soon as possible because it is killing the fun I should say.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2022
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  15. Mineplex’s biggest problem, as stated before, is simply a lack of staff. There are very few devs, so updates are few and far between. Games are laden with hackers with insufficient amounts of mods and a security system that only works part of the time. I’m probably just restating the obvious, but new updates and features can’t come out all the time if there is no one to develop them. The only thing we can do at this point is wait and hope.

Posted Jan 26, 2022
  16. To be honest, we have a decent amount of staff right now. I know a game out there (which I play), it has only 5 programmers in total, yet they are able to pull out updates every 2 months. So what's the problem here? Well I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so I won't be talking about it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 26, 2022
  17. GWEN has done a decent job in My opinion, but I did see someone getting past it while in skywars, couldn't report it though, no proof.

Posted Jan 26, 2022