• 695 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4278 Players Online
  • 3583 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

An option to disable the Immortal "Join Lobby" announcement

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Idut, Nov 15, 2020.

1. It has come to my attention that there isn't a way to disable the announcement from being Immortal that you have joined a Lobby.

It would be nice if there was an option in /pref or some other way to disable this announcement.

I love the Immortal perks, but I feel weird knowing that my name is getting announced to everyone in a Lobby when I prefer to just casually join without some big fancy thing aha.

Thank you!

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    xUmbreon, Brayyyden, Amg and 7 others like this.
  2. I think this is a great idea! I probably wouldn't use it, since I don't really mind, but I definitely understand that some people may not like having their name announced. I would like to see this in Mineplex :) Great idea!

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  3. I'm definitely for this idea and have thought of it myself! I believe this would also be very useful for staff members, as it is announced when we join lobbies, and if we are spectating a rule breaker, they could realize a staff member joined and stop breaking whatever rule.
    Anyways, I totally give this idea a huge +1. Thanks for suggesting it!

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Dulciloquy, Jbones__ and Idut like this.
  4. I would definitely like to see this added. While not a huge priority change, a small enough quality of life improvement worth adding. Adding the option for customization is always a plus and this seems like it can be very helpful for most people. Similar to what Emiliee said, this can also be helpful for staff to not give away their location if they need to spectate a potential rule-breaker. Nice idea, I hope to see this added in a future patch!

- Lucas

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  5. I agree with having some preference option to disable this message, it's not always necessary to have our names announced when we join lobbies, so giving the player the option to disable it would be nice. The only reason I could see this not being implemented is because it's a form of advertisement for the rank as when you hover over the message, it directs you to the shop. It is a good way to advertise the rank and let players who might be new to the server know about where they can also get the rank from, but I doubt that every Immortal player would disable this message, so it wouldn't have a massive effect on that. Overall, I'm interested in having a feature like this implemented so that we can disable join messages if we want!

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  6. This would dilute the perk by quite a bit and I feel like, given the option, most players will choose to disable the messages. Usually, players who purchase the rank are not really interested in seeing the join messages themselves; they want attention from other players who will see the message. I wouldn't be against removing the perk entirely if a lot of people find it a nuisance, but otherwise, I say leave it be.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  7. Currently, immortals have the option to both disable flight and enable velocity in the lobby, which are both immortal perks.

I’m not saying get rid of it entirely, either. I’m suggesting they add an option in /pref menu for Immortal rank players to disable their own announcement when they join a lobby. They will still be able to see when other Immortals join, just disable their own message from announcing.
    There will be no way to make others turn off the announcement from others joining, it’s purely for your own announcement message.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2020
  8. I think this is a great idea, as I sometimes wish I could disable the announcement when I join a lobby, it isn't always preferred. I feel adding it /pref makes this a plausible idea, as it is not disabling it completely, and gives players the option to decide whether they wish to have it displayed or not. I feel as if this would be simple QoL edition that could be helpful, and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be added. Great suggestion!

Posted Nov 16, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  9. yes, no one cares if an immortal joined

Posted Nov 16, 2020
    Mitchy and kibanezu like this.
  10. I mean, tbh, what is the point of this lolllll. I mean, there is so many stuff the devs could do, and this is what u choose LOL. Idk I just think it’s kinda funny I mean if you want it added ig you can...

Posted Nov 16, 2020
  11. Pretty sure the join message is used as a marketing tactic since hovering over it shows you a link to the mineplex shop page where you can purchase the immortal subscription, but honestly, I wouldn't mind having a pref to disable the message. It's not something that I ever had particular issues with but I can understand if some people are bothered with their name popping up each time when they join a lobby.

Posted Nov 16, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  12. I realize I misread the post haha. I thought you were suggesting a pref for non-immortal players to disable join messages. Forget what I said I'm all for this idea.

Posted Nov 16, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  13. Yo!

I don’t mind this idea getting added. Personally, when I had Immortal, I never got bothered by my name getting announced to the lobby, I’d prefer it like that so people know that I join so they know that a staff member is there to assist them. But, for a player, I can see how some are not comfortable with their name being announced or just prefer not to have it like that while still able to enjoy Immortal. Maybe in /prefs when you get Immortal you get a whole new preference option that has every Immortal related preference in it, which can include this one that you suggested! Anyways, I like the idea and hopefully it will be added in the future, thanks :D

Posted Nov 17, 2020
  14. I totally agree with this idea!

It can sometimes cause issues when your name is broadcasted in a lobby, and some sort of preferences to disable this would be wonderful!

I would have to agree with Klobby here - it definitely helps to promote the rank and educate those who don't know much about it. I think that the preference should be enabled by default, and there should be an option to disable it.

Posted Nov 17, 2020
    Idut likes this.
  15. I think that it could be reasonable to make this toggleable. I think by default it should be on but have an option in /prefs for the user to turn off their specific message sending. I don't think you should be able to turn off seeing other people's messages, as that is a perk they paid for.

Posted Nov 17, 2020
    anna ♪, Idut and Fusafez like this.
  16. Heyo!

I just saw another other community recommend this idea through a similar thread that was created and I wanted to come back and comment on the original thread. First and foremost, I would like to thank you for presenting this idea! I would most definitely agree that disabling the join messages as immortal would be a nice and reasonable preference. As you’ve said yourself, I do agree that it’s kind of weird (for me at least), when my name is announced when I join in/switch lobbies. With all other points considered, I would also like to agree with Frog. I think if this were to be implemented, you should only be able to disable your own join in message because others may have paid specifically for the perk of join in messages.

Posted Nov 29, 2020