• 1180 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3759 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

An unfair "technique"

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Pero Peric, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I have made a similar thread earlier. The mod replied the exploit is not an exploit and it is 100% doable. They sent me a YouTube video showing it is possible. But the problem is, they pulled off the "technique" using a controller. The key of the "technique" is to hold down the build button. Can you show me where the build button is if I'm using touch control? Tapping insanely quick might do the trick, but it is very hard and might be impossible for humans. I shouldn't be put in a disadvantage just because I'm using the wrong controlling method, right?

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  2. I have tried to do it on mobile but I play on windows 10 edition mostly and it works really well. I have done it on iPad but it is way harder than windows 10 edition. I think you should practice on a regular world and get better but again it is much harder than windows 10 edition. I hope you get better on the technique!

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  3. Hello,
    I can understand how this may be unfair to PE players, though all devices work differently in terms of controls for example PC will always have an advantage in PVP due to no turn restrictions and ease of accuracy, PE also has a similar advantage while controllers are restricted to a sensitivity setting in movement. There are many pro's and cons to each device and though PE may lack in the ease of speed bridging, there are many PE players that master the use of PE in other ways and have no trouble keeping up with controllers or pc users.
    Unfortunately this isn't something Mineplex can help with as we don't have the ability to add a build hold button to PE nor can we remove it from all other devices. An alternative would be to learn other methods of speed bridging for PE and practicing til you master it as it is possible to spam tap bridging effectively. Link to your old thread here

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  4. It’s 100% allowed. Only people with controllers or a mouse are able to do this. You simply hold down right click or the trigger that places blocks on a controller. Reks really said everything so there’s not much for to say.
    There’s no possible way to it on mobile. Either 1. You’re doing a different way where you spam click and sprint. or 2. You have no clue what or how to jumpbride and you just assumed they were talking about speed bridging
    --- Post updated ---
    And isn’t this thread reverse staff action?

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  5. You and others seem to be having trouble on if this is reversing staff actions or not, so I'll clear it up here. In order for a thread to ever fall under reversing staff actions, it would have to have been re-posting a thread that went against our guidelines in the first place/continuing on the topic after it was locked and shouldn't be discussed or re-adding something a FM/FN had edited out. If we locked a thread for let's say "question/thread addressed" and the person wasn't warned and they make another thread going off the previous thread asking more questions, it would not be reversing staff actions as he's just asking more questions based off the previous thread, and that's completely fine. Another scenario would be if someone made a thread, got warned, made another thread asking for help about why the 1st thread was warned for/removed, but wasn't breaking any guidelines on their 2nd thread. This would also not be reversing staff actions as they're just confused and didn't keep going on the topic that got them warned in the first place.

If you or others want more scenarios or help with this I'd be happy to help, so just message me.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. Ah okay, thanks ^_^

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  7. It’s not necessarily an unfair technique if it’s a built in feature. And pe players also can do it if they have a Bluetooth controller

Posted Nov 21, 2019
    Starx280 and NothinButNetYT like this.
  8. True that, I jus tried that and lo and behold it works on pe, not that much of an advantage if it was up to me.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
    Starx280 and Strafer303 like this.