• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9926 Players Online
  • 7036 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Survey Anger?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thexs, Apr 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. What is your personal way to deal with anger?

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  2. In an game then just shut up remember that throwing your mouse across the rooms comes with consequences and say gg and act like ur calm.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  3. Whenever I find my emotions getting the best of me, I try to take a moment to think about my future actions. I’ll usually take deep breaths and remind myself that whatever I’m planning to do isn’t worth it. I’ll find myself calming down after that most of the time. The times it does not appeal to me, I’ll usually let myself do whatever stops my anger from taking control of me. I’ll commit a small errand such as punching a pillow, and that will often snap me back into reality, instead of further doing something outright. The most common thing I find myself doing is just saying “GG” and admit my mistake that I’ve made, and not get overly frustrated over it. I do have an unusual temper, but I’ve deemed myself able to control my actions.​

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  4. I have a lot of desks and I break them to make me happy and I have a lot of trees where I live so I chop them of the down

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Fallen™, Gendo, xSusieLove and 2 others like this.
  5. Yeah, I don't usually get angry, however on the rare occasions where I do get emotional/stressed, I close my eyes, count to 10, take a few deep breaths, that's it, I'm no longer stressed.
    However as I said I don't really get angry so my way of dealing with it is just to calm and relax my whole body.
    Thank you for the question :)

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  6. knife

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    BRCKHMPTN and AreSee like this.
  7. Looool

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  8. I'm overall a positive person. But in rare cases in which I do get mad, I usually take two steps ahead of myself to think about both the alternatives and outcomes. After doing so, I usually proceed by picking an alternative in which I don't make the situation more heated and moving forward with the person/situation, in a positive outcome/aftermath. I usually don't let my anger get the best out of me.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  9. Lies

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  10. This is the best response of allllllll

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  11. I sense the presence of an intellectual

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  12. I do 30 push-ups every time I get super angry. I know it's silly to get mad at a game, but it happens sometimes with me, so whenever I feel myself getting really mad I just drop and do 30 pushups. Working out releases them endorphins to make me feel better, and push-ups are quick and easy, so it helps.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  13. so you basically do 6 million when you play nano wizard?

Posted Apr 5, 2020
  14. Haha I'm new to the server, I haven't played nano wizard yet, but I'll try it out and get my 6 million push-ups in.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  15. Thanks for taking the time, it's a great question by the way.

Overall, I'm a pretty happy person. I'd say there are only a few times every month or so I'm really "angry." And, when I am, it's usually to do with some sort of physical stimulus aggravating me. For example, a headache. When it's a headache, solving the problem is easy. Rest my eyes, lie down, etc. Sometimes if it's really bad I might take an anti-inflammatory...

Sometimes, though, albeit rarely, I'll be upset because of something cognitive. For example, I perceive something as "wrong" and it upsets me, or I get annoyed, and that annoyance slowly turns to anger. For the context of this question, I think that's what you were looking for, so here's how I deal with it.

I remind myself of a very simple maxim: "If you're angry, you care." You can't really be angry at someone/something unless on some level you care. So, if I'm angry at a friend I can step back and think, I care about this person. And from there, I tend to be able to return to thinking more logically. If you're mad someone but you can confidently say you will still care for them when all is said and done, it becomes much more simple. Anger only perpetuates anger, and those negative feelings. So right then and there I'm able to just step back. I might still be angry, but at least I'm able to hold off saying something I'll regret. So you've treated the symptom. How about the cause? If you're angry, the best thing you can do for your self in my opinion is to disconnect from the situation. So if that means you're upset you got killed in Survival Games, and you can see that you're noticeably unhappy, play another game. Or, get off the computer and go watch Netflix in your room for a bit (my personal favourite). Anger has this quality, like all emotions, to fade rapidly. Even more so than some other feelings. Ten, twenty minutes later if you truly do care for this person you won't really be angry. You're left with an in-between feeling. If you're mad at a game of Survival Games, after this amount of time you tend to be thinking "Hm, why was I so mad?"

To recap, it's a couple of things:
    - I remind myself that in order to be angry, you have to care.
    - If I realize I don't care about them/it, I can stop really being angry.
    - If I realize that I do care, I disconnect from the situation and go to my room/away from the interaction that made me upset.
    - After 20-30 minutes, unless it's a truly life-changing problem that you're angry about, the anger tends to fade.

When the immediate overwhelming emotions have faded, it's time for a resolution. This is the point where I'll think to myself: "Why was I angry?" "How can I fix it?" I'll come up with some sort of solution in my head for what I'll say, what I'll do, etc, and I'll execute. If it doesn't work and I end up being angry again, rinse and repeat. Chances are, if you care about someone and they care about you, you both won't be angry at each other forever. If you're angry at a game of cake wars or at a hacker who killed you, you also won't stay angry forever.

At the end of the day, people deal with anger differently, so this might just be my way of dealing with it. But I think it's always important to give yourself some time to think & make sure you don't say anything rash or make any silly decisions you might regret later. Something that I've really improved on myself over the years.

And that's all,
    Isaac.

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Shipsa likes this.
  16. I'm going to keep it short and sweet because I surprisingly get asked this a lot. Life is too short for you to be getting angry. I get things can get to you and bother you, but trust me in the end it isn't worth it. Our life could end tomorrow and you could die being unhappy. Try your best to not spend one moment on this earth feeling unhappy. If you ever feel unhappy feel free to PM me and we can talk because I love helping people out. When I get angry I occupy myself until the anger goes away, or I talk to someone. Let me know if you need anything!

Have a good day!

Posted Apr 5, 2020
    Kindnessaj likes this.
  17. ^

Posted Apr 6, 2020