• 576 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9014 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Any form of image requirement on Mineplex Forums.

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Nekost, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There NEEDS to be a means of simply attaching a file to reports and other threads.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  2. You can upload images here: Imgur

You can upload videos here: Streamable

Other services you can also try:*
    Youtube - Gyazo - ImgBB - imggmi

*These are websites that you can use as an alternative. I recommend Imgur and Streamable but you can use whatever you want to.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Luunala likes this.
  3. Unfortunately you can’t attach images to reports and threads. The best way of doing this is uploading your images to Imgur, and then use the [/IMG] [/IMG] format to upload them.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Luunala likes this.
  4. Why do you feel there needs to be a way to automatically attach images from your computer?

I feel there shouldn't be because if the image is hosted online, the Reports Patrol team has the ability to view the evidence on a trusted platform. Additionally, if the evidence needs to be sent somewhere internally for extra confirmation or discussion, the link can easily be posted elsewhere. It also ensures good loading time for the member handling the report as they can choose when to view the image instead of the image loading automatically.

I'd be for attaching images on regular forums threads as none of my above arguments apply there.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  5. Absolutely agree with @Dulciloquy, as staff members might share the link with other members of the team. Even though it is easier to directly attach an image or a video, this current way is much safer and more efficient. For uploading images, I would suggest downloading Gyazo as it is really well organised and structured; you can download the app and straight away, by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+C, you would capture the what you see on your desktop, and it would re-direct you to your browser where there, you can just copy the link and paste it on your report, use the image feature or type it like this:
    Code:
    [IMG] link [/IMG]
    so that the staff member checking the report can see the image directly without pressing the link.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  6. We won't be adding this as we do not want to host the images ourselves. Hosting the images/files ourselves can take up unnecessary space. We would not delete these files overtime either as this would become an issue for our Reports Patrol team, players wanting to Appeal, and our Forum Ninja team looking for the report.

Feel free to use any trusted sites to upload images/files they gave you above.

I'll be locking this as we do not plan to change this anytime soon. Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.