• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6108 Players Online
  • 3218 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Any way to stop an account from getting Compromised Banned?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by kznny, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Most of my account have been compromised banned more than twice, and I only have a couple that are still unbanned, but don't have the special appeal option anymore. If I were to give those accounts to somebody living in a different part of the world, how would I make sure it doesn't get permanently banned again? Is there any way to authorize this?

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    CpPlayzMc likes this.
  2. To avoid getting a compromised account ban don't give your credentials to anyone but your else!
    If you have given your account details to anyone make sure to change the email and password immediately!

Stay safe!

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  3. Posted Jul 6, 2020
  4. Please change your password if you tell anyone even a slight hint off your account password.

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  5. Stay safe from getting hacked! :)
    BTW if you want to appeal go to Mineplex.com/apps

Posted Jul 6, 2020
  6. No, the whole point is I am PURPOSELY sharing my account to a friend who moved.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 6, 2020
  7. Greetings, mate!

As of now; there is no special appeal for this type of situation and/or fix that I know of. I'm simply a community member and have never worked in the staff team, therefore, I don't know the specifications of how this situation would work out. I would recommend contacting @Toki in a conversation here on the forums; you can explain her your situation and I'm sure she can provide much more details than we can in the community. Furthermore, you can see the different appeals at; https://mineplex.com/appeals I am not sure if they added any more appeals to this situation of yours. Hope this helped and I hope you get your situation worked out, properly!

~ Pitato

Posted Jul 6, 2020
    Astai likes this.
  8. Please don't share your account. Even if he didn't move. Someone could easily hack is computer so you have a double chance of getting hacked now. If I were you please change your password immediately

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  9. Hey,

I would advise against sharing your account, as there are a lot of risks that accompany it. If you give your account to the person who moved, this is automatically suspicious anyway, but even then you have no way of telling whether they are trustworthy. If you are giving it to them with the intention of never using it again yourself, then you could argue that it is no longer your responsibility. However, given your concern about not wanting to be permanently banned again, I'm guessing you plan on using the account simultaneously. Please do not do this, because it goes against the main point of all account security advice, which is to refrain from sharing your login details with anyone else. You cannot follow the rest of the guidelines if you do not follow this, and so a compromised account ban would be pretty likely. You should read the official Compromised Account & Account Security FAQ to learn more about these bans, though preventing them will be a struggle with the arrangement you plan on making.

As for account security on Mineplex in general, there are a few things you can do to avoid being compromised. I will provide you with a brief list, but again, it's only worth following if you plan on staying safe and having the intention to maintain sole ownership over your own account. Otherwise, it won't help you out that much.

Migrate your account on the Mojang website and create strong and unique passwords for every account you have to reduce the risk of someone cracking it. Do not share them with anyone; you should be responsible for your own account. Do not let anyone get ahold of your session ID (which can be found in your logs if you ever let anybody access them). Be careful with the Mods you use as many can steal your information, and be wary of downloads too. Avoid clicking or using suspicious links as they could be scams.

I advise taking my words into consideration, as with the details you have provided, you don't seem to be in an ideal position to receive yet another compromised account punishment. Simply giving your account to someone else could not make you any more vulnerable, and many would say it's a one-way street to being banned, which again, will not serve you well if you have used up all your appeals and been pardoned three times already.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  10. Hello.

Having one of my accounts being compromised 3 times, I can help you with this.

1) Don't share your account.
    2) Create a long password (at least 10 characters with uppercase, Capital letters etc).
    3) Do you security questions.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  11. So you're saying that there is absolutely no way to guarantee the account won't be banned permanently again. I'm not necessarily trying to get the account I'm giving them banned permanently, because that would be stupid. There should be an option where you can give yourself immunity to compromised account bans, because in my case they're always stupid and make no sense anyways. If anyone knows anything about having long passwords, its me, and my accounts have NEVER been actually compromised, but I've been banned for that over 10 times. And I trust this person, because I'm literally just giving it to them so they don't have to pay 30 bucks for an account, so we can play together.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 7, 2020
    Astai likes this.
  12. You should be alright as long as your friend doesn't break rules. This is why the compromised account ban is given (copied from the rules):
    "When your account is compromised to be used to spam the server or other malicious activity, we permanently ban it to prevent a stacking of other unneeded punishments."
    Just make sure that your friend doesn't break any rules and stuff and you should be fine.

There is a possibility that Mineplex looks at IPs and may ban an account for being compromised if the IP changes, but I don't think that's the case since that's not what it says in the rules. It would be unjust if they banned you for that reason, since its not outlined in the supposedly updated rules document.

So much post boosting in this thread lol.

TLDR: If he doesn't do anything wrong with it you should be alright.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
  13. You are correct, there is no way in which I can guarantee the account will not be marked as compromised and banned accordingly. An option to grant players immunity to these bans would not make sense at all, because they are almost always justified. There are leaked Minecraft accounts that people use, and what would happen is the owner would take advantage of the immunity and get it granted for those particular accounts. Then anyone can just use them to hack, or cause damage on the server all while avoiding a ban. If someone is planning a bot spam attack, each player will be punished for compromised account, so what's stopping the owner from giving immunity to all of them before they go on the server, allowing them to cause damage for longer? If you're suggesting that only trusted players are granted immunity, this wouldn't work either because anyone's account can be compromised, and we cannot assume that a certain person will never be - despite having high security. Not even Staff members are immune to the consequences of having their account compromised.

How do you know that your account was not compromised? If you submitted an appeal and were unbanned, but the punishment was marked as justified, that means that the Forum Ninja (FN) who handled your appeal checked with an Admin to verify that the account was compromised. If it was not actually compromised, you would have been unpunished and it would have been marked as unjustified, which would not count towards your three appeals for justified punishments. Therefore if you cannot submit any more appeals, this means your account was in fact compromised each time. You can share the account at your own risk, but what I'm saying is that risk is high. If the account was compromised when you were certain you were the only person with ownership of it, who knows what could happen if it belongs to more than one person? Personally I would air on the side of caution.

These type of compromised account bans are handled by the Admin team. The punishment reason will be the same anyway - it will tell you your account was compromised, to change your password and then appeal. You don't really have any way of knowing whether it was due to malicious activity or bot spam on the server, or if it was due to suspicious activity on your IPs. We're not entirely sure how this particular system works, which is why I am advising against the sharing of accounts due to ownership being maintained by two users from completely different locations, especially when both plan to play Mineplex on it.

Posted Jul 7, 2020
    _Rivka_ and kznny like this.