• 494 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2578 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Apple Hunt

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 26, 2019.

1. There will be 2 teams in a maze. The teams will be both invisible and the game tags won’t show to prevent people following peoples tails. 20 Apples will be hidden in random places. The first team to find 11 apples in a period of time (Maybe 2 minutes) win. The positions of the apples change every game.

Kits suggested by @Sven

Runner - obtains 3 feathers that give speed II for 10 seconds
    Scouter - obtains a compass that ticks faster when an apple is nearby (similar to block hunt)
    Trickster - gives 3 fake apples that when collecting by the opposing team will give slowness 2 and blindness 2 for 10 seconds

The period of time was changed by @AceSJus

Posted Apr 26, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 27, 2019
  2. Hmm, I think this would be a really fun game to play. However, there's one alteration I'd like to make.

I personally think that there should be two teams of searchers, instead of just two players. Having a two-player game (if that is what you're implying) might not be the most efficient game. Therefore, I think that this should be a two-team game. Other than that, I really like this idea as a whole. What kind of kits would you want to see? Any achievements? Would you like this to be a stand-alone game or a Nano game? I'm interested to see what you have in mind.

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  3. No kits, to keep it fair. And you can give suggestions for achievements.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2019
  4. Heyoo!
    Honestly, I really like the idea of this game! However, as xUmbreon said, I think this game would work much better as a team game. I think this could work either as a Mini game or as a Nano Game. For Nano, I could see various treasures hidden around a map where players have a limited amount of time to find them before elimination. But I also think this has potential to be a full Minigame. The minigame could have a team for hiders who would have abilities that would let them hide their items better or repel searchers, and searchers could have abilities to help find items!
    Overall, I think this is a really neat idea and I could see it working very well!

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  5. I dont think there should be kits, but as @xUmbreon said, I added teams, and this could be a Nano Game!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2019
  6. Hey there!

This is a pretty interesting idea! However, if this were to be a Nano Game, I suggest making the time shorter (around 2 minutes) to keep things fast-paced, hence the name. However, if this were to be a standalone minigame, I suggest altering the time limit so that the first team to reach x amount of apples would win in order to prevent ties. In addition, there could be occasional power-ups to make the game not feel as bland, which can include things like speed.

There is one clarification that I would ask, however: what would happen if two players from opposing teams come across each other? Would they be able to fight, or is PvP disabled for this minigame?

This is an excellent suggestion, so thanks for posting this thread! :D

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  7. Hey!
    I think this would be a really fun game mode to play, I could definetly see it getting its place on Mineplex!

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  8. This is pretty interesting I have to say. This is really close to King Slime in NANO Games, and I wouldn't really want to see a game that's just like King Slime, as o really don't enjoy it that much. I do have to say that this would be fun for others. Where would you play this game? I'm going to give this a +0.5 for now.

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  9. Boy, you really like the idea of 2-player maze games don't you? Well I could see this as a Mixed Arcade, a Nano Game, or a regular game.. 1+

Posted Apr 27, 2019
  10. PvP is disabled, as it could kind of give someone's position away. besides, everyone is invisible.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2019
  11. I actually quite like this idea! I think it is simple and to the point. I would definitely agree with Umbreon's altertion suggestion and I could definitely see there being kits in this gamemmode as I think a simple search and fine game would be a little boring. Maybe the kits could be as follows:

Runner (4000 gems) - obtains 3 feathers that give speed II for 10 seconds
    Scouter (6000 gems) - obtains a compass that ticks faster when an apple is nearby (similar to block hunt)
    Trickster (8000 gems)- gives 3 fake apples that when collecting by the opposing team will give slowness 2 and blindness 2 for 10 seconds

I would definitely agree with others who say that this could be a NANO game, which if that was the case, the kits would not apply. But I feel like this could also be a mixed arcade game.

Either way, I think there is a lot of potential with this idea and I would love to see where it goes. +1

Posted Apr 27, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 27, 2019
  12. i will add the kits. But can you put costs?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2019