• 545 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3124 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Archery?!

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by xHypey, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Does anyone else feel that the bows in sg are way too overpowered?
    Or just me...

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    NonPressure likes this.
  2. I don't think bows in general are super op, but I do think the archer kit is more op then it should be.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  3. I don’t play SG much, but as someone who used to main the game I can say they’re not very OP. They provide a ranged option to the players that provide that, and when used properly and with skill can be useful. However, like lots of other combat kits the problem isn’t that the kit itself is OP, rather that people who use it know what they’re doing. I think it’s important to include archer options in PvP games and not doing so limits the abilities of some players.

Ultimately, I don’t think archer is overpowered.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    MedicSoldier likes this.
  4. I haven't noticed this myself but I also haven't played much Survival Games as of recent. One reason that they might've buffed archery in Survival Games is that obtaining arrows can sometimes be limited. Unless you have the Archer kit, it can sometimes be a hassle to find or craft arrows. I've been trying to get back into PVP games more (even though I'm absolutely horrible at PVP), and using archery is actually one of my favorite forms of PVP. I'll have to hop online in a bit and see if I can test this out.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.
  5. Well, when someone is bow spamming (remember, NOT CHARGING IT AT ALL) and each arrow does 1.5 hearts, it's pretty easy to get annihilated quickly...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019
  6. Bows, and archery in general, in SG have been a really big problem since the last update around a year and a half ago. Arrows and the materials required to make them are simply too common in the loot. It could be argued that since every kit has access to this large supply of arrows, it's balanced, but I'd argue against it because it throws the whole focus off of straight pvp. Also related to archery being too powerful, but for a different reason, the Archer kit is unbelievably powerful right now. Each and every shot it shoots has Barrage, which is the ability to fire multiple arrows at once- basically ensuring that at least one lands. Ideally this would be a rechargeable ability, but for some odd reason, it's simply a passive the kit gets in SG. Combined with the increased arrow rates in chests, and you get virtually unlimited Barrage shots. We have proposed in the SG GI document to balance this out a little bit more by decreasing the arrow spawn rate in chests and changing up Archer's passive

Posted Dec 13, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  7. Heyy!

I definitely agree with what has been said above by rqil. It is commonly found in chests and bows are also found quite commonly. This can lead into people having easy access to archery as a whole which can at times make the skill a common use in SG. As Archer is a kit in SG, I believe it shouldn't be as common in chests so people can't get access to bows and arrows as easy since the archer kit would then have some cons to it and can ruin gameplay when most of the players have access to it.

However, the bow itself with no enchantment isn't that strong and barely does any damage at all if you have a good set of armour. However, it is also not that rare to run into an enchantment table and in the game you can easily get xp from xp bottles and killing other players. So overall it also wouldn't be too hard to get the bow enchanted which can make it an overpowering object.

Overall, I don't believe that it is too overpowered, however, it is very easy to find in chests and loot which can make it a common thing being used in the game.

-Dacuments

Posted Dec 14, 2019
  8. I think they are and the amount of arrows you get from chests should definitely be toned down.

Posted Dec 25, 2019
  9. Hi!
    I don’t really play SG that much, but I play it sometimes, SG crashes a lot for me. I have all the kits in SG and my favorite kit is the archer kit. Probably because I am a good archer, but otherwise I see no real need for the other kits. I don’t think archer is overpowered, in fact I had some trouble with the kit. Sometimes my arrows don’t generate, and I don’t like the fact that you don’t start with a bow and that you have to get one. But, other than that I find the archer kit useful and I happen to like it for the few times I play SG. I can understand we’re you’re coming from, and why you think it is overpowered, I just don’t find it to be overpowered myself. Have a good day!

Posted Dec 25, 2019
  10. Like @rqil I think a reduction on the spawn rates of arrows and arrow materials, along with a small nerf to archer kit would fix most archery related problems.

It's pretty easy to forget how insanely strong arrows can be, a fully charged bow shot deals more damage than a hit from a diamond sword, and that's not even taking into account power 1 bows, which increase damage by 25%.

Posted Dec 26, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  11. From my experience playing, whoever has the most arrows in bedrock sg is almost always the player that's going to win (Somewhat similar for java). Since most of the time, everyone has the same amount of armor in bedrock sg, it usually comes down to who has the best shot. Bows and the materials to make arrows are also extremely common too. When I played bedrock sg it was almost uncommon for me to not get a bow and some crazy amount of arrows.

I'd say it's definitely a problem on Java too since it is also extremely easy to find the materials to craft large amounts of arrows. In my opinion, it's too the point where you don't even need to be that skilled of a pvper to win an SG game easily. You can see more and more people switching over to kits such as archer which makes it so they barely/don't even need to melee.

I also agree with what was said above that they should reduce the spawn rate of arrows as well as the materials to craft them.

Posted Dec 26, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  12. I DISAGRE with the reducing spawnrates from bows and arrows
    When you cannot get bows quickly how am I supposed to give them my Necromancer skeletons or use it for myself when I shoot my enemys together with my skeletons?
    This nerf for Archer would have a huge impact nerf for my Necromaner and I cannot allow that.

Posted Dec 29, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  13. Heyo!
    I don’t play sg that much but I don’t think the bows are too op. If you see them coming they are fairly easy to dodge. I haven’t researched the spawn rates but I don’t see them pop up in chests that often so it’s not like everyone has bows but I can see sg be unbalanced if EVERYONE had bows but that has a very low chance of happening. So if your saying lower the spawn rates I’ll have to disagree because one the spawn rates of them are already pretty low and the maps for sg are pretty big and that makes it easy to hide from players with bows.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 29, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.