• 1798 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4377 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Area 51 Naruto Runner Modificaion

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by BBoy2003, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heya! So I was reading some posts about the new gamemode the Area 51 Raid and after playing it myself I thought it was pretty fun and WAS a great source for XP and gems/shards but I wanna propose a fun little change.

Remove Naruto Runner’s “Desperate Leap” ability, this makes it so that they can’t just jump over the side walls and they are one wall away from ET it forces them to break or blow through walls like the other kits

New ability “Naruto Run”

Either hold crouch or run to start the ability, for 10 seconds the player gets a burst of speed. During Naruto Run you can’t use your knife but it behaves like the ability “bull charge” in clans or Domination where if you Naruto Run into an enemy it does a fair amount of damage as well as knock them back (good for hitting people out of the way or off ledges) after the 10 second timer is over you must take 5 seconds to “catch your breath” you get slowness and you are left vulnerable to an AWP shot this encourages strategy so you must get to cover before the timer runs out or you could possibly die.

Optional extra ability: Adrenaline
    If you hit a defender with Naruto Run you get an extra 5 seconds of Naruto Run, this allows for sort of a “hit and run” technique allowing players to get out before they get shot because if you hit a player and your cooldown runs out they you are essentially a sitting duck to the person you just hit due to the exaustion timer. Hitting a player with adrenaline active won’t do anything.

This will sorta make Naruto more fun to play and overall more enjoyable in my opinion, I want to state now that this is just the groundwork for an idea and I’d love to hear how you would critique this idea maybe to balance it or tell me how you would buff the kit so much it would break the game in interesting in hearing both.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  2. Hey there!

I unfortunately have to disagree. I think that if the Naruto Runner was stripped from its "Desperate Leap" ability, the defenders would have a higher chance of winning, and then it would be uneven. Unless we made modifications to the defenders kits as well, I don't think this would be a good idea.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC likes this.
  3. If you had to change it what would you add/remove I’m curious :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2019
  4. I think the leaping ability is fine though since the Defenders have ranged weapons. The M4 should have less ammo though.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  5. Less total ammo or less ammo in the clip before they gotta reload?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2019
  6. I would probably add double health for Naruto Runner. That way, if they get shot at by an AWP, they won't immediately die. I don't think I would remove anything. c:

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  7. Second one.
    --- Post updated ---
    AWP is already really weak.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  8. Really?

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  9. Ya in my opinion, the bullets travel too slow, but that’s for balancing like if you shoot with your crosshairs right on somebody you will miss if they are running so you gotta aim ahead of them so it acts as a nerf and harder to use. But if you are good at the awp you are an absolute legend

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2019
  10. Naruto rushing would still be meta though

Posted Sep 25, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 25, 2019
  11. Oh, ok!

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  12. Compare it to the M4. The AWP kills players instantly from a long range but you need to wait a little bit before shooting again. The M4 ALMOST kills players instantly since you can shoot them quickly and kill a player in a couple hits. Killing a player from a long range isn't really important since the Raiders are going to be running towards you.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  13. The Military police kit is hands down the best Defender kit, with the strongest weapon and best armor.

Posted Sep 25, 2019
  14. Yea the Military police kit neede a little nerf, I don't think it needs a damage reduction as that would kill the kit but maybe a slower rate of fire or less ammo in the clip so you gotta reload more often or a longer reload time but less ammo in the clip would probably be the best

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2019
  15. Hey BBoy2003,

I appreciate the idea you have, but I think taking out Naruto Runner's desperate leap can lead to disadvantages. Raiders wouldn't have the advantage to get to the top of the Defender's base and make it harder to capture an ET. While I was playing Area 51 Raid, I don't see much of issue during my gameplay. I believe it's balanced, and I don't see something we need to modify this gamemode.

Overall, I'll keep the desperate leap for Naruto Runner kit.

Posted Sep 26, 2019
  16. A bit late on this but since we're not going to bring the Area 51 game back, we won't be making any alterations or fixes. The leap ability itself is balanced when against 10-15 defenders spamming the M4 or AWP anyway so as it does give the Raiders a slight advantage, it can easily be combatted by the Defenders. There are other things we could've balanced beforehand in terms of gameplay, kits, etc. but it's a bit late now. Going to deny this for now since we aren't planning on bringing back the gamemode but thank you for the suggestion.

Posted Oct 27, 2019
    jxcb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.