• 1303 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3882 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Arrow Wars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by OrangeGamer18, Oct 20, 2019.

?

Should this be added

1. Yes bro,

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Maybe, it sounds great

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Nah, I dislike this post

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Arrow wars is a fast paced game were teams of 5 players each are armed with a custom bow (depends on kit) and attempts to knock off the other players. All players have 3 respond tokens and once all the players die, the other team wins! The map would be a floating chuck (a 3 by something) and another floating chuck. They must be able to get shot off and die on shot, but not always will be put to their doom.

Kits! (All kits are free)
    Barrage Beast - Charge bow to release a barrage of 5 arrows
    Firelord - Charge bow to shot a wall of fire
    Shadowcaster- Charge to shot a seeking shadow

Suggest more kits and comment on the game!

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  2. Hey,

I like this idea, but it's not very original in my view. Bomb lobbers is a very similar game to this except with TNT and so implementing this, players would probably go for bomb lobbers over this.

With that being said, however, I would like to see a game that revolves completely around archery added to Mineplex. While there are games like One In The Quiver that do have archery and you shoot at other players to get more arrows with an insta-kill, those games mostly revolve around jumping around and PVP in half the cases. I don't really see that sort of thing being added as a full-on minigame either but possibly having it as some sort of nano game would work. Anyway, I don't want to write a whole new game idea for you but at the current, this one wouldn't work. -1

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    Kyuine likes this.
  3. Hey!

This sounds like a nice little cool game! The question is, where are you thinking that this game would take place? It's too small to be an own game, so I'd suggest having this at NANO Games, but then your idea has to change a bit so it would actually fit in. I don't want to suggest a whole new game for you, so I'd recommend adding some new information about the game on your thread.

I'll give this a +0.5 because I believe with some changes, this could be a potential game at NANO Games.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  4. I think this is a good idea. I do have some achievement ideas too.
    Achievement ideas:

Arrow hero: win 40 games of arrow wars
    Killer: kill 50 players
    True hero: win 50 games of arrow wars without kits
    Gem seeker: obtain 10000 gems in arrow wars
    Shadow seeker: kill 130 players with the shadow kit
    True arrow warrior: Play 200 games of arrow wars
    True killer: kill 150 players without kits
    Arrow warrior: play 50 games of arrow wars

And those are all of my ideas.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  5. Heyo!

I like the idea and I think it would suit well in Nano Games. If it was to be implemented I don't think there should be multiple kits. I believe there should be one kit that all the players get. This is to help with balancing issues and also to keep the game a fast-moving game. I do like the idea as it's a mix between bomb lobbers and OITQ. Which both have been sadly removed, but I think it will suit really well in Nano!

I would alter the way it's set out I'd would suggest having 4 teams with around 5 - 10 players on each team and they spawn on an island where the players are able to move about and try to knock each other off with the bow. The island won't be really big maybe 15 x 5 so players can move around but they do have a high chance of being hit off so the game isn't really long.

As for the kit, I'd suggest only having one which all players are given. Maybe a knockback III bow which is fair and you do still have a chance to save yourself if you're hit. Finally, I agree with the achievements for this game.

Arrow hero: win 40 games of arrow wars
    Killer: kill 50 players
    True hero: win 50 games of arrow wars.
    Gem seeker: obtain 10000 gems in arrow wars
    Shadow seeker: kill 130 players
    True arrow warrior: Play 200 games of arrow wars
    True killer: kill 200 players
    Arrow warrior: play 50 games of arrow wars
    I edited some to some of the achievements to fit my idea

I think this would fit really well. Overall I rate this idea a +1 with a few altercations in the way the game is setout, kits and game mechanics I think this would be a great game for Nano!

Posted Oct 20, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2019