• 487 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7230 Players Online
  • 6743 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Artist Rank [In-Game]

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ClassyOwl, Aug 5, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Salutations, Mineplexians!

My name is ClqssyOwl. Some of you may be familiar with me from my work around the network as a Moderator of our network's Bedrock server, a member of our network's Ideas Team, or just a friendly face around the forums. Today, instead of providing feedback to various ideas around our forums' Idea Discussion forum, I'm here to propose one of my own: Implementing the Artist Rank in-game.

First of all, I'd like to give full credit and inspiration for this idea to my ex-colleague and Artist @TeaSpiller; you can read his thread on the idea here.

Similar to TeaSpiller's idea, this rank would be largely cosmetic; it would use the same royal blue hue that the Artist rank on the forums has and read simply "Artist." The "perks" behind this rank would be entirely the same bonuses and permissions as Eternal and would be updated to include whatever new donator ranks Mineplex releases. For demonstration purposes, I've included a mock-up for reference below:

[​IMG]

The motives behind the idea are simple:
    1) Staff Rank Consistency
    Currently, Mineplex's Artist rank is the only network staff rank not consistently distributed across all our network's platforms. All Moderation team ranks (Trainee through Senior Moderator), Build team ranks (Builder & BuildLead), and most paid employee ranks (Support, Administrator, Developer, Leader, Owner) are evenly distributed across the forums, Discord, and both Mineplex Java and Mineplex Bedrock-- but the latter category is notably lacking the Artist rank, which is notably absent from Mineplex's in-game servers. Implementing this rank in-game will ensure better staff representation in-game.
    2) Artist Representation
    Similarly to how members of the Build team receive their rank to credit them for the creative work they do building maps for the network, and how members of the Development team receive their rank to differentiate them from other Administration-level members of our network's staff, our network's Marketplace Skins team should receive the Artists rank they've been awarded on our forums and our Discord server if for no other reason than it will provide additional reward for the work they provide our network and it will allow them to experience the same luxury of a rank that their colleagues do.

-- + --​

Overall, I believe that this idea serves little purpose other than to bring further recognition to the Marketplace Skins team and holds no possible negative ramifications. So, what do you guys think? Would you like to see this rank implemented?; if not, what are your reservations against it? Please comment down bellow with any comments, questions, concerns, or feedback about this rank down below; I'd really love to hear your guys' input on this idea and, provided the community feedback is sufficient and predominately positive, see this rank implemented. :)

Posted Aug 5, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 5, 2019
  2. for absolutely no reason in particular, i think this would be a pretty okay idea.

not sure why i feel that way. guess we'll never know.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    Nicodami, Xukuwu, Flaym and 6 others like this.
  3. As many people have said on the other thread, there’s no reason why a rank that involves only in Bedrock, should be given to players on the Java server. I’d be fine with giving the Artist rank on Bedrock, but it’s unnecessary on the java server.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  4. I think it’s a nice idea.
    I like that it would give artists some credit for the work they do for the community. It would give them some recognition as they do a lot for the marketplace.
    I know this has been suggested in the past, people have shot it down mainly due to the fact that it’s a little unnecessary. I think it would be a great rank for bedrock since their work is focused on the marketplace. It would really only be for recognition on java though. Yes other staff ranks do have a tag in-game on Java, but these members actually need the rank for permissions. Moderators need to moderate and builders need to build.

Anyway, I feel like it would be cool to have so they can have some recognition for the work they do. Just a bit unnecessary, maybe it could just be for bedrock.

+.5

Posted Aug 5, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 5, 2019
  5. Hey
    I like this idea, and think it's something that should already be in place. It makes sense that all of the other staff team ranks are distributed among all of our networks, so why not show some extra support to the artists of Mineplex by giving them this in-game rank? Really good idea, I hope the artists can get the recognition in-game that they deserve for their hard work! :)

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  6. i think its a good idea. it would give artist credit for their work

Posted Aug 5, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 5, 2019
  7. As great as it is to hear that you support the rank's implementation on Bedrock, implementing it on Java as well will ensure better staff representation and recognition across the network. Should this rank be implemented in-game, it would do well to be implemented across both platforms.

The Artists team is definitely focused first and foremost on the Bedrock network's marketplace submissions, however, Artists are still network staff members and I'm definitely a believer in rank symmetry across our in-game platforms. If you'd like to look at it this way, a lot of the work our Artists do for the network helps pay the bills for our Java server.

Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong, but Builder's don't receive very many (if any) special permissions with their rank-- it's purely cosmetic and for representation purposes. I don't see how this rank would be considered any different, and haven't heard any real negative feedback other than "ehh, it's just not entirely necessary." Lots of ranks we have aren't entirely necessary and could be accomplished via other existing ranks, but that doesn't stop us from having them.

I'm so glad to hear you agree with this idea! Yes, our team of talented Artists are hardworking individuals and should definitely receive the recognition they do on our forums and Discord server in-game. If nothing else, this rank can't stand to hurt anyone with its implementation.

Completely agree; even though Artists are paid for their work on our network's Marketplace, they should still receive recognition and credit for the work they do for the network.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  8. Hey!
    Honestly, I think that this is a great idea. I would really like to see Artists get wider recognition for the amazing work that they do for the Mineplex network. I also like the idea of Artists being more widely recognized because if they're seen more around Mineplex, it may spark interest in people applying for the position. Overall, I would love to see these ranks more widely represented on Mineplex. +1 from me.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    Saker, Iscariot and ClassyOwl like this.
  9. I’ve seen the argument about the rank being cosmetic in-game, and I’m glad this was mentioned. I understand the initial hesitation of giving the rank on Java as well, thank you Owl for covering ground on this thread and picking up where Logan’s thread left off. I know the rank was in-game for some time, starting as “Media” - “Artist” continues to make more sense of course being that we have a Social Media team as well as Media sub-team. I hope this is added in because regardless of which platform they represent, our 3D modelers and skin artists are either contributing a great deal of traction to Bedrock or at least have the potential to. I’d love to see my friends have this extra recognition, which is a fair way to describe this. It doesn’t appear fully necessary on paper but when reading the thread and taking a bit longer, I hope people see both the importance of creative representation as well as helping spread the word of opportunities at Mineplex :) cheers again for writing this up!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  10. As I'd said in my previous response on TeaSpiller's thread, I think it'd be a great idea to add another rank in-game. It'll recognize them that they're part of the Marketing team. I know it’s just only a tag and it’s possible to add. It’s not a bad idea to add another rank in-game as to show they’re part of the Marketing team. You can find my original response here.

Overall, I think it’s a great QoL improvement! +1

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  11. Hey.

I do agree with this as Artists should receive credit on all platforms and not just forums/discord. It would be a cool QoL improvement as well and will definitely help Artists to get more recognition over the network.

And if anything, Artist should definitely deserve at least Eternal perks for their hard and amazing work if they are Titan or below.

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  12. Hey,

This is actually a very great idea! Artists should receive credit for the work they do and a rank allows them to show that. +1

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  13. Since artists are Mineplex employees, I can see no reason why they shouldn't receive more recognition on the server. A rank equal to eternal would give them only cosmetic items, that's something that I think they should be given as a reward. +1 from me c:
    -M3k_

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  14. Hello,

I really like this idea, I believe the members of the Mineplex Artist team should gain more recognition for their efforts around the network, implementing a rank for them would definitely support this idea. I don't really see a reason not to add this as it just supports what the Artists here at Mineplex do for us!

+1 Awesome idea, have a lovely day!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  15. Yea, that’s true. They still do provide for the java server despite the fact that their work is focused on the marketplace. There isn’t really any negatives to adding the idea either.

Anyway, after thinking about it a little more and reading some of the replies above, I think it would be nice to give artists a tag on both platforms. It’ll help promote the rank more and give them benefits they deserve for the work they do.
    +1 instead of .5

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  16. Hey!
    Personally I think this rank should be added, it would be very nice to see the Artists recognized not only on bedrock but also on Java to make people more aware of this group of people who help out the server in this way. I think some community members don't even know about the marketplace team and I think this could solve that issue, I even think they should get the same bonus as a Eternal play kind of as a gratitude for the work they have done.
    +1 from me great idea!
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  17. Nice job!

I love the idea of giving the artists more credit and giving them more representation in the gaming part of Mineplex. The MP artists are definitely underappreciated and I think this could contribute towards boosting their status and displaying their importance in the upkeep and progress of the server.

+1 Yes yes yes, do it Mineplex Administration!

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  18. Hey there!
    Definitely onboard with this fantastic idea. I read TeaSpiller's thread on this rank but didn't comment and I think it's time I personally announce my opinion on the matter. I definitely think that players on the marketplace team deserve a rank in game. The team works incredibly hard to develop and provide for Mineplex's server and I think they deserve a little extra credit in game and this might just be it.

I know that it might seem a little unncessary but I think it definitely spikes the interest of the artist team and definitely rewards players for their hard work on the marketplace team. I think it's definitely a QoL change we could manage with and hopefully see added in the future.

Overall I must say that I really liked reading your thread and I'm glad that I was able to finally write a proper response to the idea. I do like this idea and I'd love to see this happen. I'm sure most artists would appreciate a little reward in game and this just might be it! [​IMG]

Posted Aug 5, 2019
    ClassyOwl likes this.
  19. Yo!

Obviously I'd love nothing more than for this to be added, however, if it gets denied It won't be the end of the world. I would like to say thank you for organizing your thread and giving a nice look along with the example in chat. Overall, +1 on the idea and I look forward to seeing what others say about it.

Posted Aug 8, 2019
    Tours, Toxcity, ClassyOwl and 2 others like this.
  20. You get a rank! You get a rank! You get a rank! You get a rank! You get a rank! You get a rank! You get a rank! YOU get a rank! Everybody gets a rank! :D

If new ranks kept getting introduced for every new staff role, wouldn't that devalue the recognition? :/

Posted Aug 9, 2019