• 1323 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6887 Players Online
  • 5564 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

ASCII art

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by ASCII Artist, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Woah there is Courier New font so I can do ASCII art here without using images. You are free to copy and paste it and use it however you want as long as you give proper credit.

Hello, I am an ASCII art creator. I am creating this thread to show off my ASCII art! They are in images because of the set font. You can post your own ASCII art in this thread. I will be adding on to this. It may take a while because this type of art takes a little bit. You can use these any way you choose as long as you give proper credit to me. Btw thank you for all the support :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry it took so long to make this. I have been trying to adopt a dog. Pehaps a hint to future ASCII art?![​IMG]

_
    ,:'/ _..._
    // ( `""-.._.'
    \| / 6\___
    | 6 4
    | /
    \_ .--'
    (_'---'`)
    / `'---`()
    ,' |
    , .'` |
    )\ _.-' ;
    / | .'` _ /
    /` / .' '. , |
    / / / \ ; | |
    | \ | | .| | |
    \ `"| /.-' | | |
    '-..-\ _.;.._ | |.;-.
    \ <`.._ )) | .;-. ))
    (__. ` ))-' \_ ))'
    `'--"` per `"""`

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted Sep 13, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 13, 2018
  2. AWW!

Omg, these are great, will definitely have to use these down to lines later one, maybe even now.
    Continue with what you do!!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  3. Thanks for the support. I already had most of these made on an earlier post on the old forums.
    --- Post updated ---
    Wait, I can't continuously edit it... Ummm. Crap. Guess I will make replies showcasing art? Also, the spaces are messed up so I will have to continue using images. As you can see on my little puppy wuppy. ):

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2018

4. Your art is very unique and not something I see very often. I'm sure it takes a lot of creativity to think of ways of making the images just right.

I am a huge fan of the dog in the quote, the wizard, and the dinosaur. Maybe you could try making a cat next? Really great work! I look forward to seeing more of your art in the future c:

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  5. I uploaded the pokemon logo onto a website that makes ascii art for me, and this is what I got. A pure piece of art
    Edit: I mean ANSI. it is slightly different from ASCII. it uses block text instead of symbols.
    [​IMG]

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  6. Here is a cat Dva (:

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2018
  7. I really like the art, it must take ages to do.

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  8. I mostly do small projects, but some other projects I do take a while such as the rose. But the more I do it the easier it gets

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2018
  9. Oh, my, this is amazing. I love the wizard one the most, then the pigeon. They all look so impressive though. I don't want to know how much time you spent on these. But, how much time did you spend on these?

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  10. The Rose was a project I have been working on for about 2 weeks. I have multiple projects and I do them randomly. You can use the time for the Rose to estimate how much time it took for some other things. My puppy took about 6 hours to do.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
    EwMikey likes this.
  11. ASCII art is pretty underrated to be honest. Not that it's "art" in the traditional sense, but it uses characters to create an image which is pretty unique. Good job on these.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Justugh likes this.
  12. Really!? I'd get so frustrated doing this for two weeks. Man, you've got some patience.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Justugh likes this.
  13. My favorite one was the bunny, nice job at doing this!! ASCII art is one of my favorite, also glad to see you're dedicated to this art as well

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  14. Just a little something I thought of about 30 minutes ago.

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  15. Welp, it is not as easy as it looks! I tried to make the word art, but Xen removed the spaces, so it came out as ||||||| lol.
    Great work :) I quite enjoy ASCII art. Keep up the awesome creations!

/--------\
    | | \ < Letter A
    |----- | \

Posted Sep 15, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2018
  16. These are pretty cool dude! What program to you use to make them?
    I bet they take a lot of time to create.

Hydro

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  17. I just used a text editor. What I do is use the Courier font because it is monospaced. Having a monospaced font is essential for ASCII art. The exact program is literally just windows notepad...
    --- Post updated ---
    Guys I won't be posting for like a week or so because I am working on a little something. (;

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2018
  18. Niceee, wonder what you are working on now- maybe a sneak peak? :eyes:

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  19. Make the Mineplex logo, also your talent is cool. Extremely time consuming I assume but pretty dope.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  20. Hehe, never going to tell you.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2018