• 1365 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7189 Players Online
  • 5824 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

ASCII art

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by ASCII Artist, Sep 13, 2018.

1. I thought this is a copy paste thread. But I guess I just go disappointed.

Btw I can convert image to ascii

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  2. Just a quick question but should I try coloring them?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2018
  3. hm?

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  4. It would've been a copy paste thread but Xen removes spaces or something when you try actually having it as text instead of image.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean to use colored text on them. So basically having color on them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2018
  5. uh on this forum? colored text?

good luck with that.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  6. I mean to use colored text on them. So
    ..... I mean in the image.................... I can't do Ascii art in the text editor on Xen because it removes spaces.................................
    --- Post updated ---
    Not going crazy at all staying until 2 in the morning to work on my little project. May put somebody out of business here. (;

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2018
  7. That’s pretty cool! I wouldn’t be able to do it.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  8. Hey, I really like this art style and I've always wondered how people could even begin to make one. My favorite one out of the ones that you showed would have to be the T-Rex, it looks amazing. Keep up the great work! Side note-- thread moved to arts & banner showcase.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  9. Oh wow, I watch you sometimes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2018
    Betrayer likes this.
  10. Oh for real? Haha cool

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  11. Almost done with my little project. Almost done.
    --- Post updated ---
    AHA! DONE! Going to be posting it in a sec
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]

--- Post updated ---
    Nobody even comments on the art piece which I gave my time, blood, sweat, and tears.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 19, 2018
  12. Amazing!! These must take a lot of effort, and it's a pretty weird hobby. Nonetheless, it's art!! So you have infinite possibilities as to what you can do!!

Keep up the good work <3

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  13. "Wierd hobby" Ok, I found that amusing actually. It isn't really weird cause lots of people do this type of art form. How I got started liking ASCII art and starting doing it was because I played this game Candy Box and it is a game made using ASCII art. As it is it does take a lot of effort. But it is like someone trying to be the best at building or the best at PVP. (I am the best at PVP, don't deny it). They keep on practicing and they keep on getting better. Then usually builders start doing large builds (Like I did with the Mineplex Logo). It was actually a really popular art form in like the 1990's but now most people don't even know about it... soooooo I will stop ranting now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry I haven't been adding ASCII art for like a day. I have been busy with a essay for school. Have a bunny!

[​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2018
  14. This is really cool, definitely a +1 from me.

Posted Sep 20, 2018
  15. Thanks, I appreciate it!
    --- Post updated ---
    Want a tutorial on how to create ASCII art? Just look at this picture of me doing it in the eyes of an ordinary citizen.
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2018
  16. Now this is what you call talent, you could make a career for yourself out of this.

Posted Sep 20, 2018
  17. All of these artwork are beautiful, personally love the bunny, pigeon, and rose. The bunny and pigeon were adorable and the rose was very beautiful, a very talented artist!

Posted Sep 20, 2018
  18. I would just like to start of by saying wow! Your art is truly fantastic and so unique. Most of the time, you see people making art digitally by using Photoshop or Illustrator, but this is so much more than that because this can basically be created in any text editor! This seems like it takes a lot of time and patience to make and I applaud you for that.

Keep up the great work!​

Posted Sep 20, 2018